Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone still play Star Wars Galaxies?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 10-07-06, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gave up on this when WoW came out. I am burned out on WoW and am doing the 10 day trail on SWG and enjoying it again. The new combat and leveling system seem very WoWish now. All the big cities seem completely abandoned on my server though.
Old 10-07-06, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 910 Likes on 645 Posts
I have a friend who is completely sucked into this game. Has been since it came out. Like scary hooked. He just sent me a campaign/recruiting video his squad made up to recruit new members. He sends out campaign/plot scenarios for me to read and all kinds of crazy shit.

If we ask him to go out, occasionally it will conflict with some big attack or something his squad has cooked up at a certain time. I mean if you are so hooked you blow off your real friends because you think your team(whom you've never met) can't make it without you... well...

He has a 360 and if he gets a new game he will play it for a week, then he'll be back on SWG. It's like crack to him.
Old 10-07-06, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 177 Posts
I don't see how anyone could stick with this game for any extended period of time.
Old 10-08-06, 11:39 AM

As I was playing around this morning, I realized that most of the old professions are gone now. Wow, you can't be a doctor or creature handler or lots of other professions. I would assume that if you were one of those professions and loved it that it could make you want to quit playing.
Old 10-08-06, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I quit after playing for a week around launch. I was really pumped about the game, but when it came out I realized I disagreed with just about every design choice. It sounds like they made a lot of changes, but I have no desire to go back.
Old 10-08-06, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is why I don't play these type of games. You have to depend on other people.

I'll stick to my single player games.
Old 10-08-06, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Basically no, I was so lucky to ebay my account for $4020 when I did, but even the time I put into it I seen the writing on the wall. The game always was an unbalanced mess pvp wise and most other content did'nt thrill me either.

I know many people who hung in there till the bitter end, but within last few months even all of them have come over to wow. The games dead basically with a mear handful of people still clinking onto it because they have no clue. Most total dead cites and a fraction of players who login...lol I still get a BIG laugh every day I think about all the money I made off of it ....LOL.