Smallville -- "Sneeze" -- 10/05/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-06, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Sneeze" -- 10/05/06

"Sneeze"
Spoiler:
Clark develops what appears to be his first cold while cleaning up the destruction caused by Zod.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance.
Director(s): Paul Shapiro.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Todd Slavkin, Darren Swimmer.

Original Airdate: October 5, 2006.
Old 10-05-06, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope it doesn't have any super snot rockets
Old 10-05-06, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's odd that none of the preview trailers even mention him developing a cold and
Spoiler:
getting superbreath.

I guess they want to keep it as a surprise.
Old 10-05-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Looks like they are starting the filler episodes early this season.
Old 10-05-06, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully, it's not bad.

Spoiler:
I do wish they would get to the Justice League Story line though
Old 10-05-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope he sneezes on Lana.
Hope it is good. The previews don't look great.
Hard to top the premiere though.
Old 10-05-06, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Clark: I got bigger news.
Chloe: What is it?
Clark: I sneezed.

And then Clark playing with Chloe about sneezing again was great.
Old 10-05-06, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Screw that irrigation ditch Clark! Watch those DVDs!
Old 10-05-06, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Loving Chloe's hair growing out.
Old 10-05-06, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had no idea that they casted
Spoiler:
the dude, Justin Harley, from the Aquaman TV show pilot as Oliver Queen (AKA Green Arrow).
Very nifty.
Old 10-05-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
I always like the eps where Clark discovers a new power, and this one was no exception. Also liked the Oliver Queen
Spoiler:
Green Arrow
intro.

Hopefully we see Lois go jogging more too.

Last edited by Red Dog; 10-05-06 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-05-06, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lots more jogging, yes.

An okay episode (the fun was the super power discovery and subsequent application), but I did enjoy the springboard for next week's episode, so perhaps the writers will be doing more inter-weaving of the storylines this season.
Old 10-05-06, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
With Lois' revelation that journalism is her new calling, I really hope Chloe doesn't become a disposable character...

Of course, this is just me applying the physics of the Superman comics/earlier flicks to the show..
Old 10-05-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Meh...just an OK episode. The villains were a complete joke, and Lana was her usual dumbass obnoxious self...acting like a badass and ending up the damsel in distress...but only due to her sheer stupidity.

It would also be nice if they didn't just DROP the whole Jimmy Olson as the other man angle that they seemed to be hinting at last week. It would be nice to see Clark pine for Cloe a for a bit, but he seems perfectly content to be buddys with her.

The super breath was kind of cool, and I'm not sure what to make of the Green Arrow (who I honestly don't know much about).

It wasn't bad or anything...and I'll keep watching. It's just annoying that the production values and the acting on this show are so good, but the writing is so bad.
Old 10-05-06, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Arrow
Old 10-05-06, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't get me wrong, I know who he is...just not much about his backstory and whatnot.

He always just struck me as a low rent Batman in a Robin Hood costume...but I remain openminded.

Speaking of Batman, are we ever expecting a Lex/Bruce business deal?
Old 10-05-06, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
I found this to be an okay episode - actually enjoyed the bits of humor and wish the writers would lighten it up like that a bit more.

Odd that Lex has that super-elaborate video monitoring system and yet he's never seen Clark doing anything questionable. I guess it's only for watchin' the ladies!
Old 10-06-06, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked it. The super breath clearing the clouds all the way from the barn was a bit much though.
Old 10-06-06, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So Lois has a thing for Superheroes huh? Aquaman, then Green Arrow and...Superman.
Loved the line, Glad you didnt have garlic today Clark.
Cool new superpower.
I think Gough said they would never use that superpower though so I guess he changed his mind.
Old 10-06-06, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought it was a weak episode.
Filler episode this early?
The dialogue between Lionel and Queen was bad. The actor that plays Queen is too much of a model turned actor type. Not interesting enough. The flaws are what make them interesting.

Chloe's garlic line was so bad it needed a rimshot (the comedy kind)

I did like the superbreath scenes. As usual the fx are excellent.

Lana is much much better with Lex.

Lois is still just eye candy. I like Chloe much better. Although they are moving closer to Lois being a reporter, the writers still use Chloe a lot more than Lois. Lois hasn't really been a factor in the first few episodes. Maybe the writers see what many of the viewers see. I still wish Lois would get killed off and Chloe would take on her identity.
Old 10-06-06, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
I really enjoyed the episodes. Not hard though when you're expecting "that halloween episode"...good to know I can just walk into any old rag and get a front page story on my first try... =/ Come on...give me something more realistic.

Anyway, didn't know who the Queen guy was, so that will be interesting to see that play out. Definitely thought he was going to shoot that guy though.

Seen Lex's capture somewhere before though - can't remember at the moment. I thought their acting was good together, especially next to the lackie.

I really liked Lana's scene with Clark at the mansion though. After reflecting on it, it really reminded me of the conversations that Lex and Clark had towards the end of their relationship. Dancing words around eachother and suggesting things about the other.

Question is, why hasn't Lana told Lex about Clark knowing he would be Zod?

Do we know why she feels the need/compelled to live with him? Was she having money troubles at school? I know they had that brief conversation in the car, but don't thing it told us much - either that or I was only half paying attention at that point.
Old 10-06-06, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't think it was a filler ep. It did introduce a new power, set up the Green Arrow story and had Clark realizing that his actions/powers can effect others.

The only power that Gough said he wouldn't use is flight. Clark still can't fly when he wants to (just when under mind-control).
Old 10-06-06, 10:29 AM

I liked it. I agree that the "villains" were bad, in every sense. When will they stop turning guns to the side?

But Lana IS better with Lex, Superbreath is fun, and the best writing of the ep was with Clark and Chloe. They didn't really give Lois a big reason to become a reporter, though, did they? The 4th season she dropped out of school, last season she ran a campaign, and now she's a tabloid reporter....

And Oliver, at the end, saying the country (Borneo or something?) and then hitting it on the DP globe was GREAT.

Looking forward to this plot continuing...and the guy getting a few acting lessons...
Old 10-06-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't think this was "filler" at all. Very good epsiode (not great, but still better than a lot of the crap we suffered through last season) and I also appreciated the humor, which fit in perfectly and seemed quite natural.
Old 10-06-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ayre

Lois is still just eye candy. I like Chloe much better. Although they are moving closer to Lois being a reporter, the writers still use Chloe a lot more than Lois. Lois hasn't really been a factor in the first few episodes. Maybe the writers see what many of the viewers see. I still wish Lois would get killed off and Chloe would take on her identity.
I am not a big fan of Lois. Like Chloe much better. Had always liked fans suggestion that they kill her off and Chloe assumes her identity and ends up with Clark.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.