Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Unit - 10/3

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-06, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Unit - 10/3

Great episode. The sniper scenes were top-notch. Was very tricky how the sniper set up the dead soldier as a puppet to lure them in, but I loved how they turned the guy's booby trap against the rest of them.

When Jonas shot that guy it was funny how he said something like "Yeah, that looks like it hurt."

The scenes back at the base were also very good. It was nice to see Calamity Jane not falling over drunk and swearing.
Old 10-04-06, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First half was excellent. 2nd half had uncalled action scenes. They could've just sniped those soldiers towards the end but they had to play cat and mouse so they can blow em up. First part with the sniper was top notch!!
Old 10-04-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Liked the whole last scene with Haysbert.
Old 10-04-06, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Soldier action = good.
Wife action = bad.
Old 10-04-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
Soldier action = good.
Wife action = bad.
You can save that quote and repeat it for every episode.

Why did the annoying wife keep harping on her husband to sign the insurance papers? He just found out a friend had died and she decided now's the perfect time to shove life insurance papers in his face? And when he tried to nicely try to say no, she wouldn't let up. And then the crazy smile she had when he finally did sign made me feel sick. You could almost see the dollar signs in her eyes.

Of all the wives, i dislike her the most. (And I dislike all of the wives).

And I didnt have much sympathy for Calamity Jane either. Its her own fault that she never got legal guardianship. If she was with the girls for so long and only a couple weeks away from the wedding, she should have went and gotten legal guardianship.

The sniper stuff was great. I understood why they had to set the boobytrap. The team was outnumbered and sniping the enemy would have taken too long, reinforcements would have arrived by then.

D
Old 10-04-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Derrich
Why did the annoying wife keep harping on her husband to sign the insurance papers? He just found out a friend had died and she decided now's the perfect time to shove life insurance papers in his face? And when he tried to nicely try to say no, she wouldn't let up.
She was harping on him precisely because she just saw what happened with that other guy dying and how messed up the death benefits are for the guys in the Unit (since they are undercover they can't get "combat" death benefits.) As they explained, she would have to pay all of his burial costs up front and then wait for the government to reimburse her, and I think these guys only make about 25k a year to begin with, and burials costs at least 6K or something.

These guys get shot at at every mission. Personally I was shocked that they didn't already have some kind of life insurance lined up already. If he died on a mission, she would be left with two small kids and very little to support them with.
Old 10-04-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dislike Scott Foley's character's wife quite a bit, but I can't blame her for the life insurance nagging.

I get that they're supposed to be the focus of the show, but I'd love Ryan and Mamet to rethink that and ship both of them off. I'll take Jonas and the Star Jones former lookalike as our central characters and be happy to roll the dice with a new couple.
Old 10-04-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
This was the one episode so far, I think, that got the right balance of action and homeland drama - no "Desparate" - like affairs nonsense, but a real story. Even though Scott Foley's character's wife had a valid point about the insurance, at some point he should have unloaded his sidearm into her head.

But that's just me.

Regina Taylor was hot once - what the hell happened to her?

Last edited by mike7162; 10-08-06 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-04-06, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I have to say this was one of my favorite episodes. I found the widow's story very touching and frustrating. It was one of the few timesd the wives didn't annoy me on every level and the sniper storyline was interesting as well. It was enough to keep me watching until after the World Series is over.