Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

CDUniverse returns

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

CDUniverse returns

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDUniverse returns

Never bought from CDUniverse before, but did when Google checkout had $10 off $20 and preordered Little Mermaid from them. Then I found out we had preordered elsewhere for a lower price and called them on Friday about 4:30PM EST (they close at 5PM), but kept getting an automated message saying offices were closed for the weekend/holiday. So, then I emailed customer service and got the same thing. I also did a cancellation request through Google checkout over the weekend, but only received a confirmation email of that back. Then I called this morning right after they open at 9AM EST, but not before 9:30 did they turn off their automated "we are closed for the weekend/holiday" message. The CSR then told me it had already shipped and she said I could write return to sender on the package when it arrives. And I asked if I would get a full refund and she said yes, but looking at their return policy shipping costs are non-refundable.
So, I guess I'm SOL and should just keep it/give it as a gift to someone.....or? Anybody have similar dealings with CDUniverse?
Old 10-03-06, 12:38 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah. I doubt you can get the shipping fee back since the return is not due to an error of their own.

I think you might as well keep it and use it as a Christmas gift or something, or just bite the bullet and lose the $3 or so shipping.