TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

10/02/06 - Weeds - MILF Money

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-06, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10/02/06 - Weeds - MILF Money

Summary:

It's Harvest Time. Nancy and Conrad make their first sale — to SNOOP DOGG and everything looks good, until Peter lets Nancy know that the DEA has got to make a bust. Heylia learns of Conrad's betrayal.
Old 10-02-06, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow this was ANOTHER excellent episode

my only complaint is that the 25 minutes zooms by so quickly.
Old 10-02-06, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Went by quickly but...

Spoiler:
It definitely seems like they're heading for a fall making a whole bunch of stupid mistakes. Her husband told her he'd be fine with her growing, if she only sold to the medical stores. She doesn't. At the end he's shown that he will take people down and he doesn't even seem that committed to Nancy.

Also, after getting a windfall off the first sale, she goes on a crazy shopping spree. Hello IRS. I know Nealon is supposed to handle financials, but his character seems like he'll easily mess up.

Even pissing off Andy is probably a mistake.

I like the show, like the characters, but it seems like their downfall is coming pretty soon.
Old 10-03-06, 02:25 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Liked Celia's presentation to the kids.

Good episode, but not enough Doug. I don't thinked I laughed out loud once.
Old 10-03-06, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Liked Celia's presentation to the kids.

Good episode, but not enough Doug. I don't thinked I laughed out loud once.
I laughed out loud when Shane said he's seen Celia drunk at his house and the whole room turned on her. Other than that, there weren't many laughs because of the whole Heylia situation. I was a little surprised at her reaction when she confronted Conrad. It was great though. Sometimes I forget that weed is serious business! I love Heylia. Peter better leave her alone.
Old 10-03-06, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, the last few episodes have been 80/20 on drama/comedy. I liked it better at 50/50.
Old 10-03-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another great episode! Only a few more episodes left till the end of the season!

I wish this was a whole hour, but would we get the same level of quality writing if so? Probably not!

Heylia isn't gonna be happy! You think Nancy will let her know what's coming?
Old 10-03-06, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
I'll be so bummed when/if Heylia gets busted. I am thinking that Nancy will tip her off and then Peter will go busting into Heylia's place, discover nothing is there, and know that Nancy told her something. But if Heylia does get busted, it definitely could leave a hole in the show; she's always been one of my favorite characters.

As Wazootyman said, these characters are obviously heading for a fall -- or at least a near fall. But come on, that's to be expected; they are engaging in an illegal enterprise. Unless you keep your operation fairly small and within a tight circle, you would have to expect some attention from authorities. I mean, Peter already knew that Nancy was a dealer, so it's not like she's already real low profile.

But another great episode. When the show first started last season, I enjoyed it but was a little iffy, but it has just continued to improve. As CKMorpheus said, the episodes just fly by. I just wish that we got a little bit more.

And I must say that I am liking the younger son so much more than the older, whinier one. His calling out of Celia being a drunk (and her daughter confirming that wasn't the only drug she liked to use) was just priceless. How stupid are those drug free zone signs anyway? I always laugh when I see those. Hello, drugs are illegal, so everywhere is technically supposed to be a drug free zone!
Old 10-04-06, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched the section from when Heylia goes to see "U-Turn" to where Heylia walks out with three pounds of the MILF weed. Good stuff.

I have to say I'm taking an extreme pleasure in watching Celia's downfall.
Old 10-04-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Great episode. This show is really starting to get political. I love that it deals with the subject of marijuana in a semi-realistic way, but I wish they weren't so heavy handed in their approach sometimes. Regardless, the scene at the elementry school was great. It really showcased the patronizing hypocrisy of the drug-warriors. If only the American people were as smart as those nine year olds.

Celia's character is really taking off. She was always a bitch, but she was at least a somewhat charming bitch last season. Now that she's getting into everyone else's business with her new status, she's just downright despicable. But behind it all, there's still something there to sympathize with, though I can't quite put my finger on it.

I don't like the DEA agent Peter at all. I don't like his inclusion in the show because it gives the false impression that the DEA "doesn't care about marijuana". However, I have no doubt now that he is using Nancy to get close to other dealers like Haylia, and he will soon be showing his true colors regarding Nancy.

Also loved the opening scene of the harvest. Paradise. I wish I had some of that MILF weed.
Old 10-04-06, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you watch the preview for next week on Shotime's site, it looks like Doug starts a counterattack.

Are you crazy though? Peter is a great character! He adds a constant sense of foreboding to the whole thing and it really helped add layers to Conrad's already excellent character. Plus, where are you getting the false impression that the DEA doesn't care about weed from him? Peter was PISSED when Nancy told him she was growing, they busted the Armenian grow houses, he set up specific rules for how they had to operate and he specifically told Nancy in this episode that weed wasn't under his radar, SHE was.

I have a feeling we're going to see a death before this season is up.
Old 10-04-06, 04:27 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
On a semi-related note, I was pleasantly surprised when I watched the movie "Saved" last week and saw that Mary Louise Parker (Nancy) and Martin Donovan (Peter) played characters who had an unusual romantic relationship with each other. Those two can't get away from each other!
Old 10-05-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another great episode. A really strong season so far and they sure know how to end the episodes with a bang... The Heylia stuff was great and the situation is really coming to a head. I can sort of understand why Andy is pissed, but honestly, Nancy has helped him out big time. Not enough Doug, but he had one hilarious moment:

Doug: Sweet, first time somebody has paid ME for weed.
Dean: Buy a motorcycle, we can ride together.
Doug: You're dead to me.
Awesome.

MATT
Old 10-05-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I have a lot of anxiety with the previews. I know it is stupid, but I would be perfectly happy with everything going okay. I just like to watch their lives.

I loved how you had two guys laying in a beautiful pool bitching about how their lives sucked.
Old 10-05-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
Spoiler:
It definitely seems like they're heading for a fall making a whole bunch of stupid mistakes. Her husband told her he'd be fine with her growing, if she only sold to the medical stores. She doesn't. At the end he's shown that he will take people down and he doesn't even seem that committed to Nancy.

Also, after getting a windfall off the first sale, she goes on a crazy shopping spree. Hello IRS. I know Nealon is supposed to handle financials, but his character seems like he'll easily mess up.

Even pissing off Andy is probably a mistake.
1. I think Peter is entirely committed to Nancy, but, he did go into this when he thought she was just a dealer. I do think he'll keep her under his radar as he stated in this episode, but he's not been too happy with her expanding of her business. He's not the only DEA agent in town and if the MILF Weed is taking over as they're making it out to be.. something's going to happen.

2. Check out the next episode preview, Doug may seem like a dumb teenage pot-head.. but I think he knows his job(s) pretty well when he needs to: http://www.sho.com/site/weeds/

3. Maybe. Do you think he'll risk giving up his (relatively) free room and board?
Old 10-05-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kvrdave
I have a lot of anxiety with the previews. I know it is stupid, but I would be perfectly happy with everything going okay. I just like to watch their lives.
I have feeling they'll end the season much like they did last year. There'll be a definite sense of closure to this season, but it'll be left wide open in case they get another year. But, since it's supposed to be Showtime's highest rated show, if they've already guaranteed season 3 I bet they'll end the season with a bastard of a cliffhanger.

Originally Posted by kvrdave
I loved how you had two guys laying in a beautiful pool bitching about how their lives sucked.
EXACTLY the kind of humor that makes me love this show.
Old 10-05-06, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone else feel like Silas is turning into as much of an annoying character as Bree's son in Desperate Housewives?
Old 10-05-06, 01:22 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I've been hoping for his death for a while now.
Old 10-06-06, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good episode, like the Celia storylines, how her job in city council isnt as easy as she was expecting...

... although I still can't buy into the pushing of Mary Louise Parker as some sort of milf character... seemed to do it all first season and there is Snoop rapping about her... I just dont find her attractive
Old 10-06-06, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Are you crazy though? Peter is a great character! He adds a constant sense of foreboding to the whole thing and it really helped add layers to Conrad's already excellent character.
Agreed. Peter's great. Crazy story but I can still buy it.
I have a feeling we're going to see a death before this season is up.
That would surprise me. It's still only weed and I don't see the Armenians coming back. So far they seemed like the only characters I could imagine going that far.

I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of Silas and Andy getting busted by local cops. Somebody's gonna get busted, and it shouldn't be Heylia.
Old 10-06-06, 04:29 PM
Banned

The Snoop "rap" came THIS close to ruining this whole series for me. Is that seriously the best thing they could have came up with? It is SO painfully ripped off from the movie "Half Baked".
Old 10-10-06, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by lewisb73
... although I still can't buy into the pushing of Mary Louise Parker as some sort of milf character... seemed to do it all first season and there is Snoop rapping about her... I just dont find her attractive
Well, that's just you