TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ER - 9/28

Old 09-28-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
bumping this for the new ep and to see if anyone has found out what that song was.

okay episode this week. no rolling credits this week either.
Old 09-28-06, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not a bad episode filled with major changes in the ER:

Kovach almost gets fired, but Weaver uncharacteristically does the right thing and gets demote for it.

John Stamos comes onboard as a intern, but not after saving Neelah from some bar hoodlum looking to prey on her chasing of her pain away with booze.

Morris begs and begs for his job back, and is finally rewarded with his efforts.

Abby's wacky mom shows up, and brings a bit more stress to the premature baby situation for Abby and Kovach. But her diligence ends up saving the day after the baby is submitted to experimental drug trials and develops complications.
Old 09-28-06, 11:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
ok episode.

I had forgotten all about Armand Assante's character from last season.

I'm glad they brought Morris back, he's good for some laughs.

They overdid it with Stamos's character.

Hopefully Abby's mm doesn't come back too soon.
Old 09-28-06, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
Hopefully Abby's mm doesn't come back too soon.
Well, that's has a better chance of happening if "Brothers and Sisters" manages to stay on the air.

Sam found a way to get away with murder (deservedly so, but murder nonetheless).
Old 09-28-06, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
glad they brought morris back too.

what will happen to weaver now? I didn't understand what she said at the end of the meeting - 'that's not how it happened' - well how did it happen? I don't remember.
Old 09-28-06, 11:40 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
what will happen to weaver now? I didn't understand what she said at the end of the meeting - 'that's not how it happened' - well how did it happen? I don't remember.
She got bumped back down to an attending.

I don't remember what happened with the other thing regarding Clemente.
Old 09-29-06, 01:18 AM

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Interesting to see this show scramble in the face of the success of Grey's Anatomy. Its about time someone gave the writers a wake up call. They have been on cruise control for too long.

I know they were ditching all the old timers over the past few years to try to get some fresh young meat in there and now it seems like enough of the cast is back down to the 20-something age range again to pursue the bed-hopping doctor storylines that Grey's specializes in.

But ER seems to be more into the continuing drama of each character's individual lives which tends to result in character burnout more quickly. You can only have so much tragedy happen in one character's life before it becomes a joke. Look at what happened with Carter.

At least the Africa storylines seem to have run their course.

They need to bring in a couple more cute chicks as interns for Pratt and Stamos and Shane West to bounce off. Neela can't date 'em all right?

God knows why brought that idiot Morris character back.

I'm surprised Weaver didn't get the ax completely. What's there left for her to do anymore except remind everyone of the old regime that used to be on 5 to 8 seasons back.

Whatever happened with the 'Darlene' chick that used to be on Roseanne? She had like 15 minutes total screen time the whole season she was around. Is she gone now? They shoulda hooked up her up with Weaver at least...
Old 09-29-06, 03:09 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The think the song was "Slow Motion" by David Gray.
Old 09-29-06, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I was a loyal ER watcher for years (left after Greene left) but started watching all the reruns and whatnot on TNT (I record in HD during the day to watch at night) and decided to pickup back up this season. Have yet to watch the previous season yet, but was I lost, lol. Anyways, I have to say its still a decent show, and sorry, Grey's Anatomy is horrible. My only complaint is between Abby, Neela, and Sam one of them is going to pull a Terrell Owens soon because no ones life is that damn bad .

After watching the re-runs here, the one character I really miss is Romano. He was the best comic relief for this show. I think thats why they brought Morris back because they need this kind of assy, cocky guy in the show to lighten things up a bit. He's no "Rocket", but he's all they have right now.
Old 09-29-06, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not liking the thread bumping for new episodes when someone bothered to put an episode title and date on it, but anyway

Stamos with the headbutt! I couldn't stop laughing at that. Morris trying to buddy up to Weaver was pretty amusing as well. I only picked ER back up a couple seasons ago, so I'm not burned out on the drama yet. I thought Abby's story was well done.
Old 10-01-06, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
my respect for Sam went up a bit when she killed her ex
too bad Son of Sam will likely get all upset and we'll have a bunch of episodes dealing with him, he'll likely run away again, so that will be an ep or 2
Old 10-01-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
wait, now I'm seeing spoilers for an ep I haven't seen.
WTF? start a different thread for 9/28
Old 10-01-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As requested, I split this thread off from last week's. Since I don't watch ER I just split the posts based on the air date, so hopefully I did not put any of the posts in the wrong thread.

Please let me know if anything needs moved to avoid confusion.
Old 10-02-06, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by bluesix
Interesting to see this show scramble in the face of the success of Grey's Anatomy. Its about time someone gave the writers a wake up call. They have been on cruise control for too long.
I agree to an extent. ER needed a wake up call and GA was it. I've watched diligently since episode 1 and the past couple of years were average at best. Now I can confidently say ER is back. These past two episodes were leaps and bounds more entertaining than the slop GA is shoveling lately.

Sam's, read: LAME, plot aside this was a great episode. Sally Field's character was actually enjoyable compared to previous stints. The Luka, Abby plot was very strong and a much needed dose of happy news for the ER in the recent(past couple years) parade of torment all of the characters of the show have gone through, especially Gallant's [wasted] death.
Old 10-02-06, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

technically my first post should be moved back to the other thread, but it's not a huge deal