Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ebay Question Re: Paypal Address

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I won an auction earlier today from a seller with 0 feedback. Yea... I know, but it was only for $20 so I figured what the hell. Anyway, the auction ended and I immediately submitted my paypal payment. About 30 minutes later the seller e-mailed me and said that they were having problems with ebay and their paypal e-mail account and they would prefer me to send it to an alternate account.

Basically, the auction was set for payment to [email protected] and the seller is asking me to send it to [email protected]. Now, say I make payment to this other account which, in no way, is linked to the auction I won. What happens if I don't receive the product? I'm thinking I can't do anything through Ebay b/c I didn't make the payment to the paypal account associated with Ebay.

I rarely use Ebay, so I may be overlooking the obvious, but this looks like a scam. Anybody have any thoughts?

Edit: To clarify, the seller has asked me to cancel my current payment and resubmit my payment to their alternate account.

Last edited by Dorsalphin; 09-27-06 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-26-06, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You've already submitted a payment. Why would you want to submit another? If there are problems with the e-mail, have them deal with it. This would be like you submitted two payments. Makes no sense.
Old 09-26-06, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Xbox69
You've already submitted a payment. Why would you want to submit another? If there are problems with the e-mail, have them deal with it. This would be like you submitted two payments. Makes no sense.
I'm sorry... my fault.

What the seller asked me to do was cancel my original payment and resubmit my payment to this secondary account instead of making the payment to the account associated with the auction.
Old 09-27-06, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell them that you'll cancel the original payment and resend to the new address, if they update their eBay settings and change their email address to the new one so that the new address you'll be sending payment to will be connected to the eBay account and your auction.
Old 09-27-06, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Tell them that you'll cancel the original payment and resend to the new address, if they update their eBay settings and change their email address to the new one so that the new address you'll be sending payment to will be connected to the eBay account and your auction.
Thanks Brent. I didn't know if this was something a seller could do after the auction had ended. I'll send them an e-mail and ask them to do this.
Old 09-27-06, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they aren't able to change it, then tell them you will not pay until they relist the item (private auction with a BIN so that only you can bid on it maybe?) with the correct PayPal account linked to it.
Old 09-27-06, 06:23 AM

Some PayPal account can have two email accounts..not a big deal...
If you are cancelling your payment, what are you out..
You will still be covered by the stupid PayPal coverage if it is a valid account..
DG