Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Alias Season 5 DVD Pre-Order Price on Amazon?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need some advice please.

Do you think I'd be better off waiting price wise til release day to buy this at say BB or CC? Or is this Amazon price of $27.87 (best guess) going to be hard to beat?

http://www.amazon.com/Alias-Complete...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Thanks,

E
Old 09-26-06, 10:18 PM

I went ahead and pre-ordered it - thanks for posting.

I usually wait for BB/CC to offer it, but have started pre-ordering a lot of upcoming box sets through Amazon.
Old 09-26-06, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can always preorder it at Amazon and cancel at a later date. IMO, $27.87 is nothing special(it's only 30% off). DDD currently has it for $32.07. When they have their next 20% off sale(which should be right around the time that this title is released), the price will be $25.65. I also think that DDD will lower their current price to around $28, which would make it only $22.40 during their sale.
Old 09-27-06, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Considering that the show is over, I'm betting that we'll see substantial discounting across all 5 seasons within a year or so as the show fades from the popular consciousness. Nowadays my make-it-or-break-it price-point for tv seasons is right around $20 and I fully expect to see each of the alias seasons at or below that price within a year.

To support where I am coming from - I just picked up Veronica Mars S1 for under $15, Nip/Tuck S2 for ~$16.50 and Resuce Me S2 for ~$16 all price-matched at CC at the beginning of the month. Similarly -- Titus S3 and all the seasons of Hercules for $9 each, all the seasons of Highlander for $15 each at DDD during the just ended anchor bay sale.

Last edited by Jah-Wren Ryel; 09-27-06 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-27-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
Considering that the show is over, I'm betting that we'll see substantial discounting across all 5 seasons within a year or so as the show fades from the popular consciousness. Nowadays my make-it-or-break-it price-point for tv seasons is right around $20 and I fully expect to see each of the alias seasons at or below that price within a year.

To support where I am coming from - I just picked up Veronica Mars S1 for under $15, Nip/Tuck S2 for ~$16.50 and Resuce Me S2 for ~$16 all price-matched at CC at the beginning of the month. Similarly -- Titus S3 and all the seasons of Hercules for $9 each, all the seasons of Highlander for $15 each at DDD during the just ended anchor bay sale.
Buena Vista titles do not seem to drop like that. Warner and Sony/Columbia Tri-Star titles, however do (with the exception of maybe Smallville).

Veronica Mars - Warner
Nip/Tuck - Warner
Rescue Me - Sony

Another example of TV shows that have not really gotten cheaper from Buena Vista would be Scrubs and LOST.
Old 09-27-06, 10:28 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
You can always preorder it at Amazon and cancel at a later date. IMO, $27.87 is nothing special(it's only 30% off). DDD currently has it for $32.07. When they have their next 20% off sale(which should be right around the time that this title is released), the price will be $25.65. I also think that DDD will lower their current price to around $28, which would make it only $22.40 during their sale.

I was hoping this would be the case, but Alias s5 and the complete set comes out Nov 21. I'm betting that the DDD sale will end on Nov 20. I looked at my receipts from the last two Nov sales, and they were all right around the 15th...
Old 09-28-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by msmagic
I was hoping this would be the case, but Alias s5 and the complete set comes out Nov 21. I'm betting that the DDD sale will end on Nov 20. I looked at my receipts from the last two Nov sales, and they were all right around the 15th...
Not sure that is true - the sale went into the first week of December in 2003.
Old 09-28-06, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Buena Vista titles do not seem to drop like that. Warner and Sony/Columbia Tri-Star titles, however do (with the exception of maybe Smallville).

Veronica Mars - Warner
Nip/Tuck - Warner
Rescue Me - Sony

Another example of TV shows that have not really gotten cheaper from Buena Vista would be Scrubs and LOST.
scrubs is on sale this week (first 3 seasons anyway) for $20 a piece at CC. though you are correct, this is really the first time i've seen any discount on the show