Runaway **Series Premiere/Pilot** - 09/25/06

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-06, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Runaway **Series Premiere/Pilot** - 09/25/06

"Pilot" Episode #100.
Spoiler:
After Paul Rader is wrongly accused of murder, he takes his family on the run, and they assume new identities in a small town.

Cast: Donnie Wahlberg, Leslie Hope, Dustin Milligan, Sarah Ramos, Nathan Gamble.
Director(s): Peter Markle.
Producer(s): Darren Star, Ed Zuckerman, Chad Hodge, Susie Fitzgerald .
Writer(s): Chad Hodge.

Original Airdate: September 25, 2006.

Runaway
Old 09-25-06, 10:45 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I saw the pilot a couple months ago, and enjoyed it. I was afraid I'd have a conflict with this time - Heroes, Runaway, and Vanished - but luckily Vanished sucked enough that I'm not watching it anymore. Hopefully Runaway sticks around a while.

Did the WB and UPN typically keep shows around longer if the ratings weren't great? (as opposed to the major networks) Wondering what to expect from new shows on the CW.
Old 09-25-06, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the pilot over the summer as well and I have to say that I was Shocked. It isn't a great pilot or television series, but it was many times better than I was expecting and definately something I'll be checking out. The weird thing though is that I was really looking forward to 'heroes' but after seeing both pilots I'll probably end up watching 'runway' live and 'heroes' latter in the week on DVR
Old 09-25-06, 02:39 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by critterdvd
The weird thing though is that I was really looking forward to 'heroes' but after seeing both pilots I'll probably end up watching 'runway' live and 'heroes' latter in the week on DVR
Same here. I enjoyed both, but Runaway was a bit more interesting to me. I really like Donnie Wahlberg, and he's probably the only reason I checked it out.
Old 09-26-06, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I was a bit disappointed. I'll watch for another week or two to see if it flows better.
Old 09-26-06, 11:02 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
It will be interesting to see what The CW does with this. It bombed big time.

I have it recorded and am not sure yet if I'll watch it.
Old 09-26-06, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The CW demographic was not going to eat this show up. It belongs on CBS, maybe NBC.
Old 09-26-06, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I didn't like it too much. The premise it too far-fetched and it looked like they were going to try to include a lot of teen drama a la "Dawson's Creek". I also think it was a mistake to tell the "origin" in a series of flashbacks throughout the show. I almost turned it off a couple of times because it was confusing and I had no reason to stick with it until it was explained. I eventually saw the whole thing which cleared up the mystery, but I'm not inclined to keep watching. I think it will last longer on CW than it would have on any of the other networks.