Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Little Mermaid prices and exclusives

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-06, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Little Mermaid prices and exclusives

I wanted to keep track of all of the prices and exclusives for the Little Mermaid Platinum Edition DVD that comes out on Oct 3. If you know of anything not listed, please tell me.

If a price is in parenthesis, it's speedy1961's guesstimated price. Thanx much for your early ads speedy!

StorePriceExclusive
Target($15.99)Lip Gloss bracelet
Circuit City($16.99)Little Mermaid Collectible Golden Book
Best Buy$14.99Exclusive plush toy of Flounder or Sebastian
$34.99Best Buy Exclusive DVD Gift Set; Includes 4 piece pin set (unknown if you get a plush with this)
BestBuy.com$19.99Pre-order and save $5 on one other Disney DVDlink
Amazon$14.99Nonelink
DeepDiscountDVD$21.25Nonelink
DisneyDirect.com$19.994 lithographs (also at Disney Store B&M, also get 15% off gift card in store)link
$29.994 lithographs, 2 mini plush (Sebastian and Flounder) and a pin (NOT at B&M)
Walmart
(prices are for Walmart.com, B&M will probably vary)
$17.86Nothinglink
$19.96Disney Music CDlink
FYE$19.99No exclusive, but $7 rebate available to bring the price down to $12.99link
Nebraska Funiture Mart$12.99None
Fry's$13.99None

EDIT: Changed Best Buy to BestBuy.com, fixed link, added Disney B&M info, added Walmart
EDIT2: Added Best Buy
EDIT3: Added FYE, Disney Store 15% card
EDIT4: Changed to Amazon's new price
EDIT5: added Nebraska Funiture Mart and Fry's

Last edited by joltman; 10-02-06 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-24-06, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts
wonder if the disneydirect with 4 lithographs comes in a special box set? Doesnt look like it, but that would be nice
Old 09-24-06, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That lip gloss bracelet is mighty tempting.....:-)
Old 09-24-06, 11:07 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts
I imagine the BB price will be $16.99 or less, so I think I'll go that route and pick up a cheap old Disney live action like a Apple Dumpling Gang film.
Old 09-24-06, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It should be noted that at Target if you buy the DVD and the Royal Wedding Doll set, you get a Little Mermaid wedding gown. The gown won't fit a 45 year old man like me but for a 3 year old girl, they should be in heaven.
Old 09-24-06, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
It should be noted that at Target if you buy the DVD and the Royal Wedding Doll set, you get a Little Mermaid wedding gown. The gown won't fit a 45 year old man like me but for a 3 year old girl, they should be in heaven.
You're not a 3 year old girl?
Old 09-24-06, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
You're not a 3 year old girl?

hARDLY.
Old 09-24-06, 12:47 PM

tru another - comes with jewel case
Old 09-24-06, 02:15 PM
Cool New Member

If history is any indication, I suspect that we will see this title discounted come Black Friday. Most Disney titles that are released around this time each year end up being discounted then (i.e. Cinderalla, Mulan). I could care less about the extra goodies that some stores are giving away, just give me the movie for $10-12 bucks and I'll be a happy camper.
Old 09-24-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

best has 5 dollars off any disney dvd when you preorder....do you get 5.00 off another title when you pick it up...the link is dead
Old 09-24-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
That DisneyDirect.com offer, will that be the same in the Disney Store?
Old 09-24-06, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Samuel_M
If history is any indication, I suspect that we will see this title discounted come Black Friday. Most Disney titles that are released around this time each year end up being discounted then (i.e. Cinderalla, Mulan). I could care less about the extra goodies that some stores are giving away, just give me the movie for $10-12 bucks and I'll be a happy camper.
Same here. The problem is that if we buy TLM next week, Black Friday doesn't come until more than 30 days later so we'd be stuck with whatever price we paid. We know that after next week it'll be $19.99 at most places probably until BF. I'm hoping for a $13.99 Fry's ad that week so I could PM to Walmart with a 90 day return policy protecting myself against any BF sales.

Whether I buy it next week will depend on my mood when I make my rounds. Even though it is one of my favorite movies (one of the few Disneys like The Jungle Book where I like every song and have memorized most of them), I do have this gut feeling that I should hold off until BF or Christmas time. The worst case is the price will be $19.99-$24.99 at Wherehouse or Blockbuster where I have gift cards I'm eager to use up. Sometimes I have to pay a $5-$10 price penalty to use up gift cards at some of these non-pricematching higher priced retailers.

The BBY deal doesn't help me because there aren't any other Disney DVDs I want even with a $5 discount.

Last edited by Manzana; 09-24-06 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-24-06, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
best has 5 dollars off any disney dvd when you preorder....do you get 5.00 off another title when you pick it up...the link is dead
You should be able to do it in-store. I saved (just in case) a preorder cardboard thingy that says it's good for preorder in-store through Oct. 2nd. Hopefully they'd do it for you whether or not you could locate one of those flyer thingies in the store.

BTW, if you're asking do you get $5 off another title when you pick it up, the wording indicates $5 TODAY meaning you're supposed to buy another Disney DVD when you preorder and you get the $5 off then. If it were a $5 off Disney coupon that were good for several weeks, then I might just go for it because I could use it on the upcoming Fox and the Hound Anniversary Edition, but between now and Oct. 2nd I know of no Disney DVD I want for $5 off current prices.

Last edited by Manzana; 09-24-06 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-24-06, 07:04 PM

Looks like Wal-mart is offering a music cd with theirs: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5150726

$19.96 on their site.
Old 09-24-06, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Same here. The problem is that if we buy TLM next week, Black Friday doesn't come until more than 30 days later so we'd be stuck with whatever price we paid. We know that after next week it'll be $19.99 at most places probably until BF. I'm hoping for a $13.99 Fry's ad that week so I could PM to Walmart with a 90 day return policy protecting myself against any BF sales.

Whether I buy it next week will depend on my mood when I make my rounds. Even though it is one of my favorite movies (one of the few Disneys like The Jungle Book where I like every song and have memorized most of them), I do have this gut feeling that I should hold off until BF or Christmas time. The worst case is the price will be $19.99-$24.99 at Wherehouse or Blockbuster where I have gift cards I'm eager to use up. Sometimes I have to pay a $5-$10 price penalty to use up gift cards at some of these non-pricematching higher priced retailers.

The BBY deal doesn't help me because there aren't any other Disney DVDs I want even with a $5 discount.

It should be noted that Target also gives 90 days in their return policy, so if you don't open it and there is a better price for Black Friday, then you could still make out on this. Keep in mind that Target will NOT price match, so you'll have to return it, but this could still cover some people looking to get it and not get screwed by a better price a month and a half from now. Sounds like Target has the best price anyway, and who could pass on lip gloss? I mean, come on...I know I won't be able to live without it. And a wedding dress to boot. Life just doesn't get any better. Thank God I have a three year old to take advantage of these spectacular bonuses.
Old 09-24-06, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
You should be able to do it in-store. I saved (just in case) a preorder cardboard thingy that says it's good for preorder in-store through Oct. 2nd. Hopefully they'd do it for you whether or not you could locate one of those flyer thingies in the store.

BTW, if you're asking do you get $5 off another title when you pick it up, the wording indicates $5 TODAY meaning you're supposed to buy another Disney DVD when you preorder and you get the $5 off then. If it were a $5 off Disney coupon that were good for several weeks, then I might just go for it because I could use it on the upcoming Fox and the Hound Anniversary Edition, but between now and Oct. 2nd I know of no Disney DVD I want for $5 off current prices.

got ya, just making sure....people might also want to consider grabbing a 5 off cars coupon for when they pick up Little mermaid, bringing the price down a bit for the next one as well.
Old 09-24-06, 08:04 PM
Cool New Member

Please note that Best Buy's offer is for preorders only. They have given out small stuffed animals with their other Disney DVDs recently. Hopefully this will be the case this time.
Old 09-24-06, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I pre-ordered mine in-store (Disney) and got my 4 lithographs, and just have to do pick up the DVD. The lithographs come with the outer cardboard holder like all the other ones. However, the pin and plush deal is online only.
Old 09-25-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a very good point. I think I'll be holding off until then...
Old 09-25-06, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still hope Nebraska Funiture Mart for $12 sale !!
Old 09-25-06, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll just get it from Wal-Mart for $13.99.
Old 09-25-06, 10:15 AM

If you can get the DVD from Amazon for $17 which is basically a 14.99 DVD at a B&M after tax why go through the trouble of waiting for Black Friday, Your going to wait in line for hours with crowds just to avoid paying a couple of extra bucks? I'm not sure they makes sense to me but if that' how you have fun go right ahead.

It might make senses to buy it now and hope for the next DDD sale with a better offer but I'm not sure that's worth the hassle either.
Old 09-25-06, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bobweiser
It should be noted that Target also gives 90 days in their return policy, so if you don't open it and there is a better price for Black Friday, then you could still make out on this. Keep in mind that Target will NOT price match, so you'll have to return it, but this could still cover some people looking to get it and not get screwed by a better price a month and a half from now. Sounds like Target has the best price anyway, and who could pass on lip gloss? I mean, come on...I know I won't be able to live without it. And a wedding dress to boot. Life just doesn't get any better. Thank God I have a three year old to take advantage of these spectacular bonuses.
Even if you do buy it and open it, you can always buy it on BF and return the sealed one back to target. You dont even need to keep track of the receipt, just give them the credit card used.
Old 09-25-06, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by JoserJerr
If you can get the DVD from Amazon for $17 which is basically a 14.99 DVD at a B&M after tax why go through the trouble of waiting for Black Friday, Your going to wait in line for hours with crowds just to avoid paying a couple of extra bucks? I'm not sure they makes sense to me but if that' how you have fun go right ahead.
I'm kinda with you on this one. I mean, this is the DVD Bargains forum, so I, like others, love a good deal and prefer to pay less rather than more if possible. But the analysis some have gone through in this thread to try to get it possibly a buck or two cheaper after tax, a month or two after release date, dealing with crazy crowds on BF, seems a bit strange. But again, no biggie if that's what you'd like to do. I have it preordered at Amazon for the $17 price. That's good enough for me.
Old 09-25-06, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Still have some left on the Toys R Us gift card so will probably be going that way. That lip gloss bracelet was mighty tempting though......

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.