Justice - 09/20/06

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Justice - 09/20/06

"Addicts" Episode #105.
Spoiler:
A wild child is accused of murdering her former boyfriend at a posh celebrity rehab center.

Cast: Victor Garber, Kerr Smith, Eamonn Walker, Rebecca Mader.
Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman, Jonathan Shapiro.

Original Airdate: September 20, 2006.

Justice
Old 09-20-06, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to see another lawyer try a case but this show is still average at best IMO. If they don't lose or have a guilty client next week, I'll be dropping this. Without any suspense Justice isn't worth watching.
Old 09-20-06, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm done. With Lost coming back next week it was only a matter of time, but i'd drop it about now anyway. It just didn't have enough to come back for.
Old 09-20-06, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This would have been the episode to have the Nikki Reed character be guilty of the crime, it was set up for her to have done it, especially based on her reaction to the verdict. Oh well.

I did like the addition of Erin Daniels (formerly of "The L Word") in the supporting cast. She brought some good sarcasm and grit to the flashy show.
Old 09-20-06, 09:42 PM

It's a good thing the police on this show have a crappy CSI unit, so TNT&G's own crack team of investigators can use their neat toys every week to find the real killer.

Four shows, four wins, four "death" scenes at the end with no real surprises, and poorly written (and dull) courtroom scenes. I like the cast, but for me, this show has been the biggest disappointment of the season.
Old 09-20-06, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ClarkKentKY
I'm done. With Lost coming back next week it was only a matter of time, but i'd drop it about now anyway. It just didn't have enough to come back for.
Next week is only a Lost review show.
Old 09-20-06, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
This show needs less of Kerr Smith and more close ups of Rebecca Mader.

And I thought we were witnessing our first guilty client.
Old 09-20-06, 10:35 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think I about done with this show myself. Just not enough reason to keep coming back each week.
Old 09-20-06, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Watching this every week has definitely been a case of diminishing returns. I'll give it a few more looks, but it's not a "must see" at all.
Old 09-20-06, 11:07 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by MadMark
Four shows, four wins, four "death" scenes at the end with no real surprises, and poorly written (and dull) courtroom scenes.
I agree

When In Justice did the real ending I think the third episode ended with them losing and an innocent man being put to death, this is getting old.
Old 09-21-06, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
It's an OK show but I've seen no reason to watch each week. Only reason I did tonight was because Mythbusters was a rerun...
Old 09-21-06, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Ridiculous plot. These clients that they represent are so STUPID. I just want to slap them and root for a guilty verdict. Stupid woman. Stupid Kerr Smith. But I am realizing they will win 95% of their cases just like House so I cannot even root for a guilty verdict. yuck.

I can tolerate the lawyers testifying or even forgive the storyline but the mysterious fingerprints is a freaking plot hole. Let me see, they have the fingerprints of the 2 janitors but they don't have the fingerprints on file of the COUNSELORS who work at the drug rehab center? Her prints didn't come up to match mystery fingerprints until after we go through this whole storyline. Give me a break. Her fingerprints would have come up and this story would have ended 10 minutes in.
RIDICULOUS!
Old 09-21-06, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
This show is getting repetitive. You'd think they wouldn't come out of the gate with 4 innocent clients.
Old 09-21-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not as hard on it as the rest of da crew. I continue to like it and will watch to see if it goes beyond the Perry Mason like winning streak.

I too thought this was our first guily/she really did it.

At least they have listened to my previous nitpicking and got us another 'TV Crime Show' instead of the Kristin Key look-alike on 'American Crime.'
Old 09-21-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think they will lose more then two cases all season, if even that. They whole point is they always win, at least they say that all time on the show. Lots of legal shows in the past have been built around the outcome of winning being pretty much a given, the mystery for the viewers is if the defendant really did the crime and if not, who did etc..

The whole point of showing what really happened at the end is we know for sure..

So far I have found the show to be pretty entertaining. Most of the deaths played out in that very last scene of the show have not been 100% as we were lead to believe by the defendant. The problem is that a pay off of catching someone in small lies or whatever may not be enough for many viewers.
Old 09-21-06, 09:12 AM

Meh, I won't follow the "Me too crowd." I find this show enjoyable and I also like the characters interact with eachother during the strategy sessions before trial and during trial. The twist at the end when we see the victim's death is an added plus.
Old 09-21-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
I don't think they will lose more then two cases all season, if even that. They whole point is they always win, at least they say that all time on the show. Lots of legal shows in the past have been built around the outcome of winning being pretty much a given, the mystery for the viewers is if the defendant really did the crime and if not, who did etc..

The whole point of showing what really happened at the end is we know for sure..

So far I have found the show to be pretty entertaining. Most of the deaths played out in that very last scene of the show have not been 100% as we were lead to believe by the defendant. The problem is that a pay off of catching someone in small lies or whatever may not be enough for many viewers.
It's ridiculous to think they are going to lose a ton of cases, but I'm sure we will eventually get some guilty defendants. It's my favorite new show of the season.
Old 09-21-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If T&T&G gets a guilty person off with a "not guilty" verdict, wouldn't the show be called "Injustice"? Oh wait, ABC tried that last season.
Old 09-21-06, 11:20 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I have no problem with them winning, I think starting out with 4 people who are really innocent makes it seem stale.
Old 09-21-06, 11:25 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like people in this thread aren't the only ones starting to get tired of it

CBS took over at 9 p.m. with "Criminal Minds," 10.1/16. ABC dropped one spot to second with a repeat of the "Grey's Anatomy" season finale. "The Biggest Loser" improved to 5.1/8 for NBC. FOX's "Justice," 3.7/6, edged "Top Model," 3.6/6, in households, but The CW show had more total viewers and a better 18-49 rating.
Old 09-21-06, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
And look for Justice to take a further hit when Lost starts back up.
Old 09-21-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I quit last week. Thought I would see if it suddenly went great, but it didn't. Too much goos stuff on to keep this recording.
Old 09-21-06, 07:20 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm still enjoying the show, i'll keep watching.
Old 09-22-06, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I could watch Victor Garber read the phone book, every once in awhile on Justice he reminds me of Jack and I half expect him to kick somebody's ass. I also like how they show the crime at the end, the whole 3 sides of the story idea. This show is further evidence to my claim that TV has never been better at any point in history. Justice is probably one of the worst shows on TV if you don't count reality shows but its still quite entertaining. There are so many better shows but in the day of Tivo, Torrents, and downloads I will find the time to check this out.
Old 09-22-06, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree with Shaggy. I like "Justice", and with "Lost" coming back it won't matter to ME at all, I can DVR the planet if I need to.

But if they are going head-to-head, "Justice" will probably die after 3-4 weeks of that and FOX will put on "That 70's Show" reruns or something.

*sigh*

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.