Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman (on IFC)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-06, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't really have anything to say. I just get this bad feeling that I'm about the only one watching this great show & that it won't come back for a 2nd season. I happened to catch Laura Kightlinger on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson a few weeks ago & I haven't heard any other mention of the show before or since.

Last week's Peyote Ugly episode was especially funny. I have a friend I've hooked on the show who couldn't wait to call anyone she hated "Lady ****ington" afterwards.

Anyone else watching?
Old 09-14-06, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, i was just about to start a therad on this show. It's really funny and well-written. Laura is her usual gretaness and Nicholle Tom is really good as Tara. I like hearing her drop F bombs and act like a slut.

Another person who watches.
Old 10-01-06, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
If anyone wants to check the show out, they're rerunning it from the beginning starting tonight at 11pm, 2am, or Wed at 8pm. Plenty of dark nasty humor, no commercials, & some words you still can't say on the big networks. I like this show better than any of the new premieres I've seen in the last 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by SPiRAL
Nicholle Tom is really good as Tara.
I had no idea who she was. I just looked her up & can't believe she was the voice of Supergirl. I think she's kind of hit & miss. Some scenes she just nails, but others seem a bit over the top. Laura is fantastic & I like their chemistry together.
Old 10-01-06, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
I also wondered if anyone else was watching this show around here. I don't remember ever seeing this thread when it was originally started; I guess it got bumped to a later page pretty quickly. But I've really liked this show. It has been much better than I thought it would. I would definitely continue watching if it got brought back for a second season. Here's hoping that IFC wants to keep one of their few original shows.
Old 10-01-06, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lokimok

I had no idea who she was. I just looked her up & can't believe she was the voice of Supergirl. I think she's kind of hit & miss. Some scenes she just nails, but others seem a bit over the top. Laura is fantastic & I like their chemistry together.
She was also the daughter on The Nanny.