Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I Blame Best Buy for this Star Wars Madness

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-13-06, 01:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been a long time buyer at Best Buy, but I have reached my boiling point with them. I have spent the entire day today traveling to the 3 Best Buys in my New England area. Not one store had any of the Star Wars Tin sets left, not one...I was told 20 per store..that's it! Doesn't Best Buy realize they should have stocked 200 of these sets not 20 to satisfy the Star Wars fans? I was also told there were people in the store yesterday buying multiple sets, I know exactly where does sets are going.....Look on Ebay and there is all you want for the bargain price of $80 plus shipping of course..I can't even order the set online, Bestbuy.com is already sold out. Needless to say I am furious with BB right now. Has anyone had any luck finding the tin today?
Hey Best Buy.........F**K YOU!
Old 09-13-06, 01:55 PM

I went to Best Buy yesterday at noon and they were plentiful. I couldn't see spending another $15 for a cool looking tin, so I got them at Wal-Mart for $14.97 each.
Old 09-13-06, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
No sir, the blames lies squarely with YOU and YOU ALONE. You waited too long to purchase what you knew was a limited and popular item. You should have been there at opening or any time on Tuesday period to purchase the tin. Instead of directing your anger at BB for being upfront, you should be angry at yourself for missing the opportunity with needless delay.
Old 09-13-06, 01:58 PM
Banned

Did YOU ever think sir some people have REAL JOBS and were not able to stroll over to Best Buy at 10 AM to be one of the first GEEKS in the door? Why don't you think before you reply......
Old 09-13-06, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Since this is really more about BB than the DVDs I'm moving it to the Store Forum...
Old 09-13-06, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always pre-order items as soon as they are available to pre-order at the main store web site that i think will be hard to get. Did you try that?
Old 09-13-06, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I walked into BB last night at around 8 PM and there were plenty of tins sitting around.

P.S.: You do know what "limited" means, right?
Old 09-13-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dvdlover631
Did YOU ever think sir some people have REAL JOBS and were not able to stroll over to Best Buy at 10 AM to be one of the first GEEKS in the door? Why don't you think before you reply......
I can promise you that I have quite a significant "real job". I just clearly have a greater understanding of the reality of things than you. Your points are not valid and your argument is lacking in any real logic.

Someone going so far as to be as upset as you clearly are and to post their anger and say "hey BB, f you", on a msg board would definitely qualify for GEEK status, wouldn't you say?

My reply is well thought out, and am waiting for the same from you, instead of snide remarks.
Old 09-13-06, 02:13 PM
Banned

Yes I know exactly what limited means. I was in the store within 24 hours of it's release, there should be some available for sale one day after release date...
One think is for damn sure...I am NOT paying $80 for it plus shipping on Feebay, they can keep them....
Old 09-13-06, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What kind of "real job" allows one to drive all over a multi-state region on a Wednesday morning?
Old 09-13-06, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by pinata242
What kind of "real job" allows one to drive all over a multi-state region on a Wednesday morning?
Old 09-13-06, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,010 Likes on 616 Posts
Just curious but a question for the people who are buying these tins (by the way...my BB had a ton of them when I went there around 1pm today): Are you buying them because you like the tin or because you think it might be worth something someday?
Old 09-13-06, 02:19 PM
Banned

DVD Josh, for someone who owns such a PATHETIC dvd collection you should be the LAST person laughing at someone...my 14 year old son has more dvd's than you...And you have quite a significant "real job"? Right you are sir, right up there with the big boys......
Old 09-13-06, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Just curious but a question for the people who are buying these tins (by the way...my BB had a ton of them when I went there around 1pm today): Are you buying them because you like the tin or because you think it might be worth something someday?
Consider yourself lucky, this area was cleaned out the same day. Why don't you buy multiples and sell them on Ebay? Everyone else seems to be doing the same thing..
Old 09-13-06, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
My Best Buy only had 2 tins left when I picked up mine at around 4pm. For an exclusive, these sure must have been in very limited supply, as there was plenty of the other Best Buy exclusive (The Office: Severance Package")

OP, your comment about the "geeks" was out of line. AFAIK, you're no better then the "geeks" who wait outside at 10:00 to pick up the set, considering you're posting on a DVD message board.

Besides, I have a REAL JOB too. I just happen to take Tuesday off some times

Last edited by DeanoBKN; 09-13-06 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-13-06, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DVD Josh, for someone who owns such a PATHETIC dvd collection you should be the LAST person laughing at someone...my 14 year old son has more dvd's than you...And you have quite a significant "real job"? Right you are sir, right up there with the big boys......
I have a more pathetic DVD collection than DVD Josh, and I have quite a significant "real job", have a normal work week of 60-80 hours and make a very good income. I just choose not to spend it all on DVDs.

(And, you've gotta answer... what kind of real job allows you to run all over New England looking for DVDs on a Wednesday Morning? And if you can drive around on Wednesday Morning why couldn't you do it on Tuesday morning?)
Old 09-13-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

P.S.
Old 09-13-06, 02:29 PM
Banned

No problem WildcatLH, let me call my franchise's main office and ask them why I can't have Tuesday off to go chase some Star Wars dvds, yes that will definitely work out good....
Old 09-13-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No problem WildcatLH, let me call my franchise's main office and ask them why I can't have Tuesday off to go chase some Star Wars dvds, yes that will definitely work out good....
Well, the good news is that in 2 years, your 16 year-old son should be able to take your Tuesday morning shifts to work the fry-a-lator!

I just couldn't resist that.
Old 09-13-06, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
It is a simple cost-benefit. The local Walmart was selling them for $19.99 each, Costco - $18.99. Although I don't care for gimmick packaging, for $3 I took the tin.
Old 09-13-06, 02:32 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

It seemed like my local Best Buy, here in Southern Ontario, had about 30-40 tins.
Old 09-13-06, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So what part of that answered the question?
Old 09-13-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey, I figured that since they've given you Wednesday off, why not Tuesday?

(If you work a non-traditional week, which I suspect, that's all you've gotta say...)
Old 09-13-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes I know exactly what limited means. I was in the store within 24 hours of it's release, there should be some available for sale one day after release date...
I wanted to see U2 in concert last year, but they went and sold all the tickets before I could free up time in my busy schedule to buy them. There should have been some available for sale one day after they went on sale! Oh, the humanity! The injustice!

Maybe you should have shagged your ass over to a Best Buy on your lunch hour or after work on Tuesday.

DVD Josh, for someone who (blah blah blah, personal attack)
With comments like that, I think the lack of "Star Wars" tins in you area is just karma paying you back.

Hey, maybe you should post your DVD collection before insulting others.

Last edited by Mr. Salty; 09-13-06 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-13-06, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pinata242
Well, the good news is that in 2 years, your 16 year-old son should be able to take your Tuesday morning shifts to work the fry-a-lator!

I just couldn't resist that.
Coming from someone who lives in OK that is quite the humor you have there! Is it true what they say: "Oklahoma, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous" Is that really true?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.