Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Chicago: Almodovar Film Fest

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-06, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Chicago people,
The Music Box is showing 8 of Almodovars film, this week is Women on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Coming soon:
All about my mother, Talk to her, The flower of my secret, Live Flesh, Law of desire, Matador, Bad Education.
Also, Women is a new 35mm print.

I'm pretty excited about Law of desire, matador, and bad education.
Old 09-03-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by Neitzl
Chicago people,
The Music Box is showing 8 of Almodovars film, this week is Women on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Coming soon:
All about my mother, Talk to her, The flower of my secret, Live Flesh, Law of desire, Matador, Bad Education.
Also, Women is a new 35mm print.

I'm pretty excited about Law of desire, matador, and bad education.
If you haven't seen "Bad Education", don't be (excited). Not his best. In fact, I think it's one of his worst. I'd be more excited about a new print of "Women". I haven't seen "Law of Desire" and "Matdor" in years. Both great films.
Old 09-03-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Daytripper
If you haven't seen "Bad Education", don't be (excited). Not his best. In fact, I think it's one of his worst. I'd be more excited about a new print of "Women". I haven't seen "Law of Desire" and "Matdor" in years. Both great films.
I missed seeing Bad Education on it's first run, but then got the dvd, and I was really blown away. I didn't have high hopes since I really didn't like Talk to Her, and wasn't expecting much from BE, but I really loved it. Call me loco. But Matadar and Law Of Desire I haven't seen in ages either and thought they were both incredible.
Old 09-03-06, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This is also happening in NYC - the same 8 titles are showing for one week each at the Lincoln Plaza Cinemas (near Lincoln Center) then each title moves for an additional week to the Quad Cinemas in Greenwich Village.

And his latest shows up in October as part of the NY Film Festival!
Old 09-03-06, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd put bad education up there with his best.

and this is going on in Berkeley at Shattuck Cinemas, as well. Hopefully i'll get a chance to catch Women this week.