Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

6 different football films on DVD, $1.99 AR each at Coconuts (& maybe FYE) B&M

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-06, 05:26 PM
ktg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 different football films on DVD, $1.99 AR each at Coconuts (& maybe FYE) B&M

First deal post here. Searched on "football" and "coconuts," didn't find this deal.

At the Coconuts store that I visit (Lancaster, PA), these deep-rebate deals are usually in a special display stand all by themselves. They like to put these racks near the register, hoping that the $1.99 AR price ($9.99 - $8 MIR each) turns them into an impulse buy. The titles are:

Rudy
The Replacements
The Longest Yard (original Burt Reynolds flick)
Any Given Sunday
Varsity Blues
Friday Night Lights

Sorry, didn't have time to check if these are fullscreen or widescreen.

These deals are usually run simultaneously in FYE B&M stores, Strawberries, etc.

Last edited by ktg; 09-01-06 at 05:29 PM. Reason: revised title for accuracy
Old 09-06-06, 05:40 PM

I haven't been able to get there yet - is this deal still on?
Old 09-06-06, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ktg
First deal post here. Searched on "football" and "coconuts," didn't find this deal.

At the Coconuts store that I visit (Lancaster, PA), these deep-rebate deals are usually in a special display stand all by themselves. They like to put these racks near the register, hoping that the $1.99 AR price ($9.99 - $8 MIR each) turns them into an impulse buy. The titles are:

Rudy
The Replacements
Any Given Sunday
Varsity Blues
Friday Night Lights

These deals are usually run simultaneously in FYE B&M stores, Strawberries, etc.
I did see Any Given Sunday at Suncoast for $1.99 AR, but I already had it. Glad you listed the other titles. I need to go back there anyway. Thanks OP!
Old 09-06-06, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ktg

Rudy
The Replacements
Any Given Sunday
Varsity Blues
Friday Night Lights

Damm, already have all of them. Nice deal. I assume the deal is going on all this week - as its the opening week of the NFL season.

Is Any Given Sunday, the directors cut?

LB...
Old 09-06-06, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts
A damn fine deal . . . too bad the midwest is becoming a sucking chest wound for movie stores . . .
Old 09-07-06, 09:55 PM
HTN

Thanks OP! I picked up Rudy, The Replacements, and The Longest Yard on Tuesday. According to the rebate form, deal should be good until 09/20/06. I believe Any Given Sunday is the Special Edition, and not the Director's Cut.

===================================================

REBATE INFORMATION

Promotion #: 06-54220
Rebate amount: $8
Purchase date: 08/31/06 to 09/20/06
Postmark date: 10/20/06
UPC requirements: Original UPC bar code symbol from the package. (Can use yellow price sticker)
Rebate status: www.fyerebates.com or (800-779-6219)

Mail to:
P11 0831 DVD, TWEC
Promotion #06-54220
P.O. Box 540009
El Paso, TX 88554-0009

Only one (1) rebate form per envelope. Only valid at Trans World Entertainment retail stores. Valid rebate period from 08/31/06 thru 09/20/06 only. Valid in the United States and its territories. Request must be post marked by - 10/20/06. Replications of UPC bar code symbols are not valid. Please allow 10-12 weeks for delivery. No Post Office Boxes allowed. Products returned to store without original UPC label will not be accepted. Fraudulent submissions could result in Federal Prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 United States Code. Section 1341 & 1342). Not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
Old 09-07-06, 10:10 PM

I hit the FYE in Marketplace Mall (Rochester NY) - they had a total of one copy of one of these (Longest Yard) so I got it. Now they have none of them. Crimeny! I did also get a 48 pack of the Maxell AA batteries that are free after rebate.
Old 10-23-06, 10:02 PM
HTN

My rebates finally showed up on their website. As usual, the unpredictability of their processing methods never ceases to amaze me. All three rebates are validated. But unlike previous submissions where three items on one rebate form would be broken up into three separate submission, they decided to combine the three into one submission for a total of (3 x $8) $24. Maybe someone finally figured out it was cheaper to mail one postcard check instead of three.