Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Dvd Storage Question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Dvd Storage Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-06, 01:01 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dvd Storage Question

This may be the wrong forum for this, but does anyone know the company that makes these storage units:
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=LDE15005D
DDD wont ship them outside the US, and they are not offered on their Canadian site either. It would be really nice to get my whole collection in ONE unit!
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-01-06, 02:07 PM

Leslie Dame cdv1500
Old 09-01-06, 03:12 PM

Leslie Dame.

This site ships to Canada, but don't have the 1500, only the 1000. I've never used them, only did a quick search to find them...

http://www.prepacmediaspinners.com/demustra10.html

Do some searching for "leslie dame" and "ship to Canada" and you might eventually find someone that offers the CD-1500 and ships to CA.

Good luck.

Last edited by John*D; 09-01-06 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-01-06, 03:33 PM

I bought one of those units during the last DDD 20% off sale with the idea it would hold all my 1000 or so DVDs. No such luck, figure 630 average size cases. It breaks down to 6 shelves per section, with each shelf holding 35 cases times 3 sections. Box sets sit comfortably across the top, so you can figure another 110 there. I had to buy the two section matching unit to hold everything with space to spare. I like the units themselves; they were easy to put together and look very nice. I'd add a photo of my setup, but I don't know how to post pics on this forum.

Phil
Old 09-01-06, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Ok.

PmReed - Go to this address: http://imageshack.us/

It's best to have the images ready on your desktop, less work searching from ImageShack window for them.

Using the "Browse" button find on your computer the images you want uploaded (it's free). Once done, the local address on your hard drive will be seen in the address window (next to the "Browse" button). Then click "host it!". Depending on its size and your connection speed, this may take a while.

Once done you'll get a new window. Since I'm guessing people here want this forum to load fast, we're gonna skip thumbnails. You will want the address on the bottom of the page, "Direct link to image".

Copy and paste it onto a text program. You're gonna need that and more in a few. Repeat those steps for how many images you plan on showing here.

Once you've have the completed addresses you will need this code here (self-explanatory).

Use that code for this forum, repeat for each image.

The end result will look somewhat like this (actress Elisha Cuthbert, a teddy bear everyday). There you go.
Old 09-01-06, 08:54 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anybody know of a storage medium of this size, but with a locking door/cover?
Old 09-01-06, 09:09 PM
Cool New Member

Build one ... I built one for a guy that holds 2000 DVD's from floor to ceiling, now if I get time I'll build one for myself.
Old 09-01-06, 09:36 PM

Here are the racks. That's a CD 1000 MULTI-MEDIA STORAGE-OAK on the left, a CDV 1500 MULTI-MEDIA STORAGE-OAK on the right. Thanks JohnIan for the posting help.

Phil

Last edited by pmreed; 09-01-06 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-02-06, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How do these do with storing dvd box sets. The shelves I have now are cheap and are falling apart.
Old 09-02-06, 09:55 PM

Very solid BKenn01. Each shelf is just over 20" long and almost 5/8" thick! They each mount to the uprights with 4 metal pegs for adjustment except for the middle shelves, which are fixed and form part of the structure. I'm sure they can handle anything you want to put on them. Having adjustable shelves also means that it's easy to set up an area for those tall boxes like the E.T. Ultimate Gift Set. Those I put on the bottom shelf so they don't stick out. It's hard to see in my small picture, but they're in the large unit down on the bottom right. When completed, the structure is quite rigid; I've been very pleased with mine.
I just wish I'd been able to buy the second unit during the sale. But, no matter, I needed it, so I bought it. Using the top also, I figure I've got space now for over 1200 cases including a number of the oversize boxes.

Phil

Last edited by pmreed; 09-02-06 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-12-06, 01:14 AM

I recently purchased a system from Boltz and love it first system and will be ordering 2 more next week. Holds 700 and able to add to it