Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

ADV Films Labor Day Anime sale - up to 75% off!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-06, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Labor Day Sale

Now my question is - is there anything on the sale list that's appropriate for a 12-year-old girl (besides Hello Kitty)? My daughter has started getting into the Manga books (and I check the ratings on those), but I'm hoping someone who's readily familiar with the various shows in the sale can make a recommendation or two. Many thanks!
Old 08-31-06, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You should check out the Official Anime thread. There are many great deals on ADV thinpaks at Best Buy(that thread will tell you how to use the in-store kiosk). I would recommend Kaleido Star-Amazing Collection and Super Gals!-Ironclad Collection for a 12 year old girl. Both of these thinpaks are only $14.99 at Best Buy. I'm not a fan of the ADV sales. They usually mutilate the boxes(they either slash or punch holes through the UPC) and their customer service is pretty bad.

EDIT: Wedding Peach Season 1 for $10.99 at BB and All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku for $12.99 is also good for a 12 year old. BTW, here's the link to the anime thread-

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=473472

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 08-31-06 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-31-06, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
You should check out the Official Anime thread. There are many great deals on ADV thinpaks at Best Buy(that thread will tell you how to use the in-store kiosk). I would recommend Kaleido Star-Amazing Collection and Super Gals!-Ironclad Collection for a 12 year old girl. Both of these thinpaks are only $14.99 at Best Buy. I'm not a fan of the ADV sales. They usually mutilate the boxes(they either slash or punch holes through the UPC) and their customer service is pretty bad.

EDIT: Wedding Peach Season 1 for $10.99 at BB and All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku for $12.99 is also good for a 12 year old. BTW, here's the link to the anime thread-

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=473472

Is it any wonder you're "Sweet" BabyJames? Thank you very much for all your input, and the link!
Old 08-31-06, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I own two volumes of Robotech Remastered already, and with this sale I could get the rest for $50, or the Protoculture Collection for $70. Are the Protoculture set's extras worth an extra $20?
Old 08-31-06, 11:29 PM

Basically the Protoculture Collection is the 14 remastered discs plus 7 discs of extras (the same discs that came one each in the 7 Legacy Collection sets. I believe that these were not remastered, though). So if you want the extras discs, it's probably worth the extra $20.
Be warned, though, that there could be a long wait, that quite a few people here have had problems with ADV customer service and that they drill through the UPC codes on the sale items. Personally, I had really good luck with the one big order I placed, but there are many people whose luck wasn't quite as good.