Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Jackass - The Movie (Unrated)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Francis Rizzo III, you make a brief comment regarding the newly added material that was added to this new "unrated" version, but you never really go into detail. Please list in DETAIL the tweaked and added scenes so I we can determine if a double-dip is warranted.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-28-06, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I don't think I was very brief, but here it is again:

This edition of Jackass the Movie is promoted as being "unrated," but as is usually the case with such marketing tricks, you'd be hard-pressed to figure out how the film is different than the original cut. The only noticeable changes involve the unblurring of some male nudity and some extensions during the x-ray finale. Once again, the idea of alternate cuts has been bastardized to sell another DVD to customers happy with the disc they already own. Eventually, this trend will run its course, and considering the decline in DVD sales, maybe its effect has already been felt.
Seriously, I have watched this movie 10s of times, and trying to find the differences was like looking for a needle in a haystack. If you want to see
Spoiler:
more of Pontius' nuts and Dunn's ass (with more time spent on him pulling the car out
then this is the disc for you. Otherwise, it's a waste of money.
Old 08-28-06, 02:13 PM
Cool New Member

i am a major jackass fan-can't wait for jackass number 2!!!i thought the unrated version had a jackass 2 trailer and stuff never released off the jackass series-it called too hot for mtv-just stuff that never before saw the light of day like the original vomlit-where steve-o tasted it and shit dollar-i know its on cky though but is any of those extras on it?
Old 08-28-06, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, they actually found a way to show more of their man junk than before. No double dip for me, but thanks for the solid review to help make the decision.
Old 08-31-06, 07:52 AM

If you get it at Circuit City, it comes with a ticket to see Jackass number 2 for free so that's like $9 or $10 there and it only costs $12.99 I think so it's a no brainer for me.