Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Get 25% More In Trade From Second Spin

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 08-24-06, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one pays more for your Used DVDs, CDs & Games and for one day only, we're giving you even more!
Sell us your music, movies & games anytime tomorrow, between Midnight Thursday, August 24 thru Midnight Friday, August 25 (PST), and get an extra 25% more on each and every item! But your order must be placed within this 24-hour period to be eligible for the extra 25%.

There are no coupons or promo codes, you'll see the increased Sell To Us prices automatically when you add items to your cart. So, gather your collection and visit us tomorrow to get 25% more cash on all your Used CDs, DVDs & Games!

Your friends at SecondSpin.com

I always found I can get more by selling them on eBay/half, but this may be good for those that don't like to do that. I know nothing about how secondspin's sell prices are to begin with.
Old 08-24-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BornAgainStar
I always found I can get more by selling them on eBay/half
Isn't that the truth. 25% more of nothing is still nothing. Thanks for posting it though.

I'd like to add: I'd get delivery confirmation on any package sent to them. In my experience, almost HALF of my packages shipped TO places like this, whether it's SecondSpin, Spun.com, Djangos, etc. mysteriously go "lost in the mail" It's easier to contest with a CSR when you've got some proof. The mailrooms for these must be notoriously sloppy, or filled with crooks because I've shipped literally hundreds of items to individuals on half.com and amazon, and only had one buyer claim that he never received the package in the last five years.

Last edited by kunert; 08-24-06 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-24-06, 09:43 AM

Thanks for the post, I'm looking to unload some DVDs, I'll hafta see if they are better than Digital Eyes trade-in.
Old 08-24-06, 10:33 AM

SecondSpin is owned by Transworld Entertainment and many other their stores do similar offers everyday in the store. (Coconuts does for sure, maybe FYE and now Sam Goody might as well?).
Old 08-24-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, I just checked some prices for boxsets and it seems pretty good. Could maybe get a little more on half, but this seems easier.
Old 08-24-06, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great timing! I have some DVDs I've been meaning to sell them anyway, this should cover shipping, plus a few bucks extra. Thanks for posting this!

Rob
Old 08-24-06, 03:38 PM

I'm always confused by "midnight." Is this going on right now till the end of tonight, or does it start at midnight tonight? I added a bunch of stuff to my cart but I truly can't tell if there's a 25% addition or not.
Old 08-24-06, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks for post! I have several hundred cds to sell...I have used them before and if you want to get rid of everything at once it is good way to do it though you get more by individual sale ofcouse which I dont have time for and they are picky about scrathes and charge you 50 cents per case if not in good condition. As I side not I can buy cds and dvds from anyone that have alot to sell at once..and I pay more then online trade ins if there are some I want..just submit me your list after checking them out.
Old 08-24-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I also recall reading that they can pay you via Paypal now. You don't have to wait for a check...
Old 08-24-06, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

does this also work in store?
Old 08-24-06, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
I'm always confused by "midnight." Is this going on right now till the end of tonight, or does it start at midnight tonight? I added a bunch of stuff to my cart but I truly can't tell if there's a 25% addition or not.
It's going on right now, and will end at midnight (PST) tonight. I had looked up some stuff that I wanted to sell a couple of days ago, and sure enough, when I added them to my cart a few hours ago, they were all 25% higher.

Rob
Old 08-24-06, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i got a better credit from dvdplanet
Old 08-24-06, 08:16 PM
Defunct Account

Originally Posted by J-Dubya
i got a better credit from dvdplanet

Yeah I priced 4 DVD at both places. 2nd Spin offered $11.56 for them, and DVDPlanet would give $22.17. Pretty significant differance.
Old 08-24-06, 08:32 PM

Jeez, I didn't realize that the prices were WITH the 25% already! Damn. Yeah, they don't come close to Digital Eyes/DVD Planet. You only get credit at those places - but as most of the people on this board - my money gets spent right back on DVDs anyways!
Old 08-24-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Interesting, I just checked out Second Spin last week and their prices were much higher! I would like to cash my stuff n at DVD Planet but I want to get rid of stuff, not get rid of stuff and buy more!
Old 08-25-06, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have $270 sitting in an account and just plan on saving it there until there's something I really want when it comes out. Plus, they have some coupons out there for new stuff.
Old 08-25-06, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I did about 14 discs or so ... secondspin was about 47, after i put in like 6 of them at planet and it was like 16 bucks..
Old 08-25-06, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got 83 bucks for 6 cheapo sets and 1 movie. Im happy with that.

Thanks OP.