DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Who's Ordering Roseanne Halloween Special

OwlAtHome
08-23-06, 03:13 PM
On 8/29 a DVD of 7 Roseanne Halloween episodes is being released.
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/852/338037ww4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Episodes: (courtesy of anchorbayentertainment.com)

BOO! – In this Emmy®-nominated fan favorite, the Conners kick off a family tradition with a night of increasingly outrageous pranks.

TRICK OR TREAT – When Roseanne wears a lumberjack costume, she learns a few hilarious lessons about ‘real’ men.

TRICK ME UP, TRICK ME DOWN – Jackie flirts with a moose, Roseanne pranks the new neighbors and George Clooney guest stars.

HALLOWEEN IV – Having lost her holiday spirit, Roseanne is visited by the ghosts of Halloween past, present and future.

HALLOWEEN V – It’s Halloween night at the diner, but the real shocks are about to come from some very unexpected places.

SKELETON IN THE CLOSET – A Halloween party at The Lunch Box brings out Leon’s gay friends as well as Bev’s hair-raising secret.

HALLOWEEN: THE FINAL CHAPTER – Ed McMahon and Sarah Chalke guest star when Roseanne’s ouija board delivers the most unexpected news of all.

For those that are fans of the show, will you be getting it?

Giles
08-23-06, 03:17 PM
are these post-John Goodman episodes, if so, no sale.

canaryfarmer
08-23-06, 03:27 PM
These are throughout the series' entire duration.

DVDsAreMyLIFE
08-23-06, 03:34 PM
Pretty sure most of these include Goodman

DVDMagic
08-23-06, 05:40 PM
Will definitely be picking this DVD up. These episodes were some of the best of 'Roseanne'. Looking forward to getting it next week. I'll probably ordre it from DDD because it's only $8.99 there :)

DVDFreaker
08-23-06, 05:43 PM
I am not a fan of Roseanne but this is a pointless release, you can see all of the Halloween epsiodes in season sets...

RobCA
08-23-06, 09:12 PM
Count me in! :up:

I've been avoiding the season sets, ever since they butchered Season 1.

Rob

waylonsmithers
08-23-06, 09:52 PM
I tend to avoid any compilation DVDs of Television shows, I just buy the season sets.

EdTheRipper
08-23-06, 10:16 PM
I tend to avoid any compilation DVDs of Television shows, I just buy the season sets.

Same here. I always liked Roseanne...I should start getting the season sets eventually.

THX7966
08-24-06, 12:31 AM
Same here. I always liked Roseanne...I should start getting the season sets eventually.

Buy one, get one free now at DDD.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/promotion/buyAndGetFree_form.cfm?promoName=abb2g1_0806

Drexl
08-24-06, 03:04 AM
Well, this did get a DVD Talk Collectors' Series rating. :)

Although I agree with others that it's best to buy the season sets, I can see why some people might want this. If you really want to spend a few hours on Halloween watching Roseanne Halloween episodes, it's a lot easier to put this disc in and hit "play all" than to watch them from the season sets. With the way some of these sets are packaged, it would be kind of a pain in the ass to keep switching discs.

Davy Mack
08-24-06, 03:09 AM
Having all the halloween eps. together is a great thing. Great price. And DDD has a bonus CD listed? Is that still coming and what is on it?

dadaluholla
08-24-06, 08:38 AM
Yeah I think I might get this actually. I was always a big fan of the show (well up until late in it's run), but I don't really want to own the entire seasons. It will be nice to have a few eps on disc, especially the great halloween ones.

Lastdaysofrain
08-24-06, 08:42 AM
I bought this over Season Sets. And I think a lot of people will do the same.

The early seasons of Roseanne especially had some GREAT writers (wasn't Joss Wheaden a writer? And Judd Apatow, etc)

And the Halloween episodes were always their best efforts.

domino harvey
08-24-06, 11:45 AM
I'm buying a copy for my mother, who used to tape all the Halloween eps from syndication, she'll love it.

rfduncan
08-24-06, 12:16 PM
I'm in. I've tried doing Buffy Halloween episodes with the seasons and that's rough. I'll happily watch this whole time come Halloween DVD viewing time (which starts right after Labor Day to get through them all ;)).

story
08-24-06, 12:25 PM
are these post-John Goodman episodes, if so, no sale.
There are post-John Goodman episodes of Roseanne?

marcellusk
08-30-06, 08:28 PM
are these the syndicated versions?

rfduncan
10-17-06, 09:08 AM
Did anyone get this and open it? I thought it was supposed to have a bonus CD with music from the episodes. My case only had one disc in it. Am I missing something?

RobCA
10-17-06, 10:14 AM
I don't think they're the syndicated versions, and mine didn't have a CD either.

Rob

SpaceBoy
10-17-06, 01:31 PM
I'm still waiting on my from ddd, hopefully it arrives before Halloween else I'll just have to try to catch the marathon on tvland they norm have.

OwlAtHome
10-17-06, 01:33 PM
No CD here either.

Davy Mack
10-17-06, 03:25 PM
Got mine. No CD, DDD is on crack. GREAT disc. All uncut eps. And also you couldn't even watch all these eps. now via the season sets as they are not all out yet. duh. And MAN, Jackie looks hot as Morticia and whoever she played in the last ep.
Well worth it. The last ep. Halloween, the final chapter, interestingly has the bloopers of the kid dressed as a lawyer IN THE EPISODE! Very surreal and very funny. Possibly my fave Halloween themed DVD now with BOO capturing the vibe of Halloween better than anything else out there IMHO. For under $10 it's a no-brainer.

:) Happy Halloweeen, y'all!