Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Apply for the CHASE SCI FI Credit Card & get Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica FREE!!!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Apply for the CHASE SCI FI Credit Card & get Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica FREE!!!

Old 08-20-06, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webc...R&msc=Z0049251

"Apply now and receive the complete first season of BattleStar Galactica on DVD "

"Receive the complete first season of BattleStar Galactica on DVD with your first purchase!"

read the page for details/etc..

just thought i'd point it out ..some of you may want to do this..others..not so much..some maybe in the market for a new card..so..no annual fee and 0% apr for up to 6 months and free dvd may sway you to apply..

lowest price online right now is $43.92 from DDD, or $35.14 if you take 20% off if you were to purchase during DDD sale, so figure it's a ~$35-$43 in value..
Old 08-20-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does Chase have a single-use/throw-away CC# feature like MBNA, Citi and Discover?
Old 08-20-06, 10:47 PM

I'm confused. One part says "apply" for the card and get battle start free. Then another part says free with 1st purchase. So i wonder if you have to be approved and make a purchase to get the card or just apply
Old 08-20-06, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marcellusk
I'm confused. One part says "apply" for the card and get battle start free. Then another part says free with 1st purchase. So i wonder if you have to be approved and make a purchase to get the card or just apply
I'm sure you have to get approved. That is how all online credit card deals work. It's not like the free T-shirts they give you in person, just for applying...
Old 08-20-06, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i would get that card just for it being a "sci-fi" credit card. dont laugh because im serious.

but that bsg design on there dont make the card too pretty. you would think a sci-fi card would have plenty of cool design options. o well i can wait
Old 08-21-06, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
i would get that card just for it being a "sci-fi" credit card. dont laugh because im serious.

but that bsg design on there dont make the card too pretty. you would think a sci-fi card would have plenty of cool design options. o well i can wait
I was thinking the same thing... Although I already have BSG Season 1, this is worth it. I hope it has a better rewards program then my Universal card...

Edit: Just read this -
FANTASTIC BENEFITS: 0% intro apr* for up to 6 months**
No Annual Fee
Opening Weekend movie tickets for Universal motion picture releases

So it is probably the same thing as my Universal Card. I wonder what it means by the bolded part. Every Universal movie that comes to the theaters you get tickets for? I doubt it, but that would be nice. Any one know?

Last edited by gijon213; 08-21-06 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-21-06, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i believe it its a universal card
Old 08-21-06, 12:16 PM

not too great of an APR there.....
Old 08-21-06, 12:53 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Don't do it. Credit cards are evil... it's not worth it.
Old 08-21-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd like to apply for this (hey, free DVD), but do we all know that this is a safe link? I'm not overly paranoid or anything, but is there a way to find this offer through a site I know is safe -- like First USA's site, or the Sci Fi Network's? I mean, I do have to put in my social security number and all...
Old 08-21-06, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just called up Chase, this is indeed the Universal card with a new face on it. Unfortunately, I have to apply for it to get that specific face.
Old 08-21-06, 01:56 PM

I didn't see one, is there a yearly fee, or signup fee?
Old 08-21-06, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by egamipeaks
I didn't see one, is there a yearly fee, or signup fee?
It has no annual fee. Look under "Fantastic Benefits"
Old 08-21-06, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Walter Neff
I'd like to apply for this (hey, free DVD), but do we all know that this is a safe link? I'm not overly paranoid or anything, but is there a way to find this offer through a site I know is safe -- like First USA's site, or the Sci Fi Network's? I mean, I do have to put in my social security number and all...

They've been playing commercials for the card during reruns on Sci Fi the past few weeks. The website they mention in the ad is www.battlestarcard.com but you can also get to it from scifi.com's Battlestar Galactica page.

I signed up for the card a few weeks ago, placed an order with it online on 8/10 and got the set in the mail today.

When you get the card, there's no mention of the free DVD anywhere. It's automatically sent after your first purchase.
Old 08-21-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems like a good deal and I HAVE been wanting to check out the series once I heard it was not like the awful one in the 70s. I always pay off my statement every month, so I enjoy the cashback without paying them a dime of interest, but I already have like 3 or 4 different Chase cards and I'm afraid adding yet another one will lower my credit score.
Old 08-21-06, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What the heck, I'm in. Soon as I get the freebie, I'm cancelling the card.
Old 08-21-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by thejester
What the heck, I'm in. Soon as I get the freebie, I'm cancelling the card.
instead of cancelling the card, just keep it and dont use it. excessive opening and cancelling of credit cards can affect your credit rating.
Old 09-19-06, 11:30 PM

good news, they really did send me the Season 1 DVDs after I used the card

bad news, they purposely mutilated the back of the box where the UPC bar code is, its like they took a knife and stabbed the box, it ruined one of the cases too
Old 09-20-06, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you poke around enough you can usually find an offer where you get credited $50 (or sometimes $100) for opening a Chase card and you can use that cash to buy any DVD you want and you're not stuck with a fucked up case.
Old 09-20-06, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GorillaX

bad news, they purposely mutilated the back of the box where the UPC bar code is, its like they took a knife and stabbed the box, it ruined one of the cases too
Got mine too - with the same mutilation.
Old 09-20-06, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GorillaX

I have the old Universal Rewards card, and they did the same thing to every DVD I have received from them. I have complained all the way up the food chain, and basically they said, "You don't like it, tough." so I am shopping around for another card now. They don't want you to re-sell the item, because that means they helped you make money, not loose it.
Old 09-20-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
instead of cancelling the card, just keep it and dont use it. excessive opening and cancelling of credit cards can affect your credit rating.
i disagree. having too many credit cards open at one time is what is dangerous for a credit score. this is because you can get cash advances and go into credit card debt on every one of those open credit cards.

i believe that the number of credit cards you have had (and closed) is much less significant than the number of currently open credit cards that can take on debt.
Old 09-20-06, 07:42 PM

if you just want free stuff with a credit card, just get the Citi Card that gives you a $100 gift card....buy BSG and more with that. =]
Old 09-20-06, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Pookymeister
if you just want free stuff with a credit card, just get the Citi Card that gives you a $100 gift card....buy BSG and more with that. =]
Similar to what I suggested. Why lock yourself into a damaged copy of a pre-selected title?
Old 09-21-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pookymeister
Link?

Sony is also giving $100 for their card, go to www.sonystyle.com and you'll see the offer (right side, scroll down a little). The sony card is through Chase if I remember right.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.