Reload this Page >

DVDs at Ross - Dress for Less!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 08-17-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was in Ross (the discounted clothing store) the other day. They now have some DVDs for sale in there! I picked up Innerspace and George Lucas' THX-1138 two disc Directors cut for $4.99 each. They also had Starsky and Hutch widescreen, My Giant, Forget Paris, some Scooby Doo and other children's DVDs. Also, some workout and belly dancing DVDs.
Old 08-17-06, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw Ocean's 12 at a Seattle store the other day.
Old 08-17-06, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the heads up! Gonna check this out... make some cheap presents
Old 08-17-06, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The thing about Ross is they get their stock by buying remaineders and overstock from other retailers. Their DVD section will have a few gems in it (though even these are mostly full-screen), but 99% of it is public domain junk.

Plus the sort of people who shop at Ross tend to be pigs who throw clothes on the floor, let children run unattended through the store, and just make a general mess of the store. And since it's a discount store, the company saves money by not having anyone work in the aisles during the day, so once the store's trashed, it stays trashed.

The upshot is, you have to paw through a jumble of DVDs to come across one treasure.
Old 08-22-06, 02:10 PM

Million Dollar baby 3 disc deluxe - 7.99 at ross YMMV

i found million dollar baby 3 disc deluxe edition for 7.99, they also had aviator widescreen 2 disc for 7.99
Old 08-22-06, 08:37 PM

I might have to go into the Ross near my work, which is the first time I've ever put those words in that order.
Old 08-22-06, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by domino harvey
I might have to go into the Ross near my work, which is the first time I've ever put those words in that order.
Ditto!

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-22-06, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Million Dollar Baby 3 disc set at Ross for $7.99!

I couldn't believe what I saw! It was at the Ross in Smyrna, GA.
Old 08-23-06, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

stopped by and picked up THX 1138 @ $4.99
Old 08-23-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's a friggin' Ross in Guam, but none anywhere near Michigan?
Old 08-23-06, 08:35 PM
Banned

PLUS: Went into my local Ross and found a half dozen Million Dollar Baby: 3-Disc Deluxe Editions on their shelves of otherwise undesirable DVDs.

MINUS: What the hell kind of store is this? I know it's an outlet for out-of-style, unsellable and damaged goods, but damn, you'd think a tornado went through the place. I've seen toy aisles of department stores that are trashed because parents left their kids there for long periods of time, but at Ross the adults trash the place as well!
Old 08-23-06, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,160 Likes on 2,036 Posts
Originally Posted by Legolas
MINUS: What the hell kind of store is this? I know it's an outlet for out-of-style, unsellable and damaged goods, but damn, you'd think a tornado went through the place. I've seen toy aisles of department stores that are trashed because parents left their kids there for long periods of time, but at Ross the adults trash the place as well!
See post #4

There's a Nordstrom's outlet store near my house call The Rack. You should see that place at the end of a Saturday. Women in that store are the sloppiest most impolite shoppers I've seen. The women's shoe section looks like a bomb went off.
Old 08-23-06, 11:57 PM

Honest to God Truth: I almost stepped in a pile of vomit that someone left behind in a Ross store once.
Old 08-24-06, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I scored the last copy of Million Dollar Baby at my Ross last night. All that was left were yoga and pilates dvds.
Old 08-24-06, 09:26 AM

Picked up Million Dollar Baby, THX 1138, and Best Of He-Man and Masters of the Universe (10 episode, 2 disk thing). Luckilly, the DVDs are near the front of the store. As much as we lay into this store, I'm willing to bet the owners are laughing all the way to the bank. Just as long as they throw out the occasional DVD deal, I can run in/out.
Old 08-24-06, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer Emeritus

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
I scored the last copy of Million Dollar Baby at my Ross last night. All that was left were yoga and pilates dvds.
I was about to post the exact same two sentences. Now I shall substitute those two with these two.
Old 08-24-06, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by BamaDan
Picked up Million Dollar Baby, THX 1138, and Best Of He-Man and Masters of the Universe (10 episode, 2 disk thing). Luckilly, the DVDs are near the front of the store. As much as we lay into this store, I'm willing to bet the owners are laughing all the way to the bank. Just as long as they throw out the occasional DVD deal, I can run in/out.
Although every Ross I've been in seems to be a bizarro ghetto oasis (no matter where a Ross store is located, or what the surrounding area is like, inside every Ross store, it's like being transported into a ghetto)

I'm definitely interested in THX-1138... unfortunately, the local Ross here is undergoing quite a dry-spell of "gems". I haven't found anything worth buying in the last 4-5 months.
Old 08-24-06, 10:47 AM

Honest to God Truth: I almost stepped in a pile of vomit that someone left behind in a Ross store once.
I recall seeing a dirty diaper that was left in the toy aisle at our local Ross and somebody had stepped on it and smeared it down the aisle. Ghettolicious.

I'll have to stop by there today and see if any of the DVDs mentioned above are at my Ross.
Old 08-24-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went back and was able to find a copy of Million Dollar Baby. I also saw the He-man set, City Hall and Matchstick Man.
Old 08-24-06, 03:22 PM

Ross has a really funky smell. Not like garbage or dog poo, but more of what you'd expect a Calcutta prison to smell like...with A/C and clothing racks. Our Ross is next to the Target, so it seems like an odd mix of Ghetto Fabulous meets Soccer Mom.
Old 08-24-06, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts
I shop at ROSS (& TJMaxx, & Marshall's).
Not often, but I will pop in there for a dress shirt or some sheets at a decent price.
Old 08-24-06, 03:49 PM

Marshalls >> TJMaxx >> ROSS. I know they're all the same parent company, but at least here, the Marshalls is pretty well kept and has some decent ties/shirts/etc. ROSS...not so much.
Old 08-24-06, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by BamaDan
Marshalls >> TJMaxx >> ROSS. I know they're all the same parent company, but at least here, the Marshalls is pretty well kept and has some decent ties/shirts/etc. ROSS...not so much.

Amen brother. Although I've never been to a TJ Maxx. Marshall's is always well-kept, and they seem to have a little bit higher clientle. Maybe because their prices are a bit higher ?
Old 08-24-06, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What Ross stores are you guys shopping at?! I've been to one that was really messy, but the other ones I've been to weren't any worse than any other store. By the way, TJ Maxx and Marshalls are owned by the same company, but Ross is a seperate company.

I do agree with some of the posts, though. Parents need to get control of their kids and the adults should act like adults! Am I right people?!
Old 08-24-06, 08:44 PM
Banned

Nice part of town, dumpy part of town, Ross always looks like "28 Days Later" on the inside. I wonder if they bring out the worst in people or just attract the same crowd no matter what their location.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.