Reload this Page >

Marx Brothers Collection 5 disc set $20.93 at Family Video

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 08-17-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the Warner Home Video box. 99-cent shipping.

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/produ...ucts_id=186226
Old 08-17-06, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Never heard of them. They reliable?
Old 08-17-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Eric F
Dunno. See the Steve McQueen thread for more on them.
Old 08-17-06, 03:49 PM

Yeah, they're legit. I have only heard good things about Family Video previously.

I ordered the Essential McQueen set from them on Wednesday, and it shipped today.
Old 08-17-06, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered from them like 4-5 years ago. They're legit, but I can't speak for them recently. They've been around a while, at least...
Old 08-17-06, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was just checking to see if they have any other Warner box sets on sale, and did a search for "Dream Factory". The top two results are "Dream Girls - Naked in Public -Risk it All" and "Dream Girls - Naughty New Years Flashers".

Family Video indeed.
Old 08-18-06, 03:31 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
I was just checking to see if they have any other Warner box sets on sale, and did a search for "Dream Factory". The top two results are "Dream Girls - Naked in Public -Risk it All" and "Dream Girls - Naughty New Years Flashers".

Family Video indeed.
Thats cool, cause they're edited. Its only the FBI warning at the begining then the end credits.
Old 08-18-06, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Harry Lime
Thats cool, cause they're edited. Its only the FBI warning at the begining then the end credits.
Long as we're on the topic....is anybody else sick of looking at the "Infamous Erotic Sensation" Felicity bitch?
Old 08-18-06, 08:17 AM

Long as we're on the topic....is anybody else sick of looking at the "Infamous Erotic Sensation" Felicity bitch?

Quite. WTF is she eating anyway, a Kit-Kat? She won't be too erotic much longer shoving all those trans-fats into her, will she?

Back on topic...

I used Family Video one time, to order the Alfred Hitchock Masterpiece Collection when they had the lowest price on the 'Net. It arrived with a box-cutter mark on it, so I wasn't too thrilled about that. Whether this is really indicative of anything, I don't know. It probably isn't, but while we're sharing our shopping experiences, I thought I would let you know.
Old 08-18-06, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Family Video is a video rental chain based close to where I live, they are a good company. While they are expanding, the stores are still located only in the midwest. The internet business is a side business for them.

How good of a video store are they? Put it this way, in the town of ~ 110,000 people close to where I live, the last Blockbuster Video store will be closing in a month or so thanks to Family Video (though there are three Hollywood Video stores).
Old 08-18-06, 01:24 PM

Quite. WTF is she eating anyway, a Kit-Kat? She won't be too erotic much longer shoving all those trans-fats into her, will she?
I thought shoving trans-fats into her was what that movie was about? Methinks that it is a ceegar.

BTW, the Marx set is the Warner one (as noted in the first post but not title). Good for some, but I was hoping that it was the Uni overpriced one. I would've bought the Uni for $20. Already got the Warner.

I also used them to get the Hitchcock box and had no problems, but that was some time ago and only got that one title through them.

Cheers.
Old 08-18-06, 02:28 PM
Cool New Member

Family video is a legti site. I have ordered from them a couple of times within the last year and everything went fine.
Old 08-18-06, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Family Video's probably the most popular chain in this area. Their reasonable pricing on rentals and wide selection has made them a no-brainer over places like Blockbuster.
Old 08-18-06, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by docdoowop
Ya, I was getting pretty sick of that ad too but its a lot better than the new "Schooled" ad on every page.
Old 08-19-06, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Heat
Family Video is a video rental chain based close to where I live, they are a good company. While they are expanding, the stores are still located only in the midwest. The internet business is a side business for them.

How good of a video store are they? Put it this way, in the town of ~ 110,000 people close to where I live, the last Blockbuster Video store will be closing in a month or so thanks to Family Video (though there are three Hollywood Video stores).
Yeah, Family Video is great. Older dvd's are only 50 cents / $1 for 5 nights.
Old 08-31-06, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by docdoowop
This is the Warner Home Video box. 99-cent shipping.

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/produ...ucts_id=186226
Ordered the Marx Bros. set when I saw this thread. When I inquired about when the order would be shipping, this is what I got:

The following item(s):

Marx Brothers Collection 5-Disc Set DVD

are Prebooked and should be arriving around:

11/14/2006

Thank You for Shopping With Us!

Your Friends @ FamilyVideo.com
November! But they sure charged my card immediately.
Old 08-31-06, 07:28 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
It's probably a price drop. All the other stores will probably have it cheaper then
Old 08-31-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts
Well Heat, Block closed due to their own stupidity (did not renew lease in time, landlord wanted to sell building, Family Video bought it). As for Family Video stores they are very hit and miss. The decor is extremely drab, and the smaller stores usually have a pretty mediocre selection (although I would say that most Blockbuster's selections were poor). FV's larger stores do tend to have a great selection. The guest service tends to run hot and cold, as with any company. The prices are decent with the newest releases only being ONE night rentals. As for their internet sales, I've never tried. Every day they have a "deal of the day" posted at their stores . . . been some OK ones, but nothing to make me bite yet.

As for the three Hollywoods in Springfield, look for at least one to close in the next year (of course I've been saying that since Movie Gallery bought them . . . but they are going to get more aggressive on store closings, especially since their stock just tanked).