Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge - MXC Comes To DVD! 10/03/2006

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge - MXC Comes To DVD! 10/03/2006

Old 02-11-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most Extreme Elimination Challange on DVD?

Hey all,

Any word on Most Extreme Elimination Challange on DVD? I have seen other threads asking this -- but they all go off topic and noone ever mentions the DVD aspect....

Thanks,

Matt
Old 02-11-05, 10:10 PM
AOD

Free bump. I also would really like this in season sets, but i'll take whatever I can get. I've gotta free up space on my Tivo.

OOOHHH!!!!!! GUY LIKE!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-05, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't mind a "Best of" collection for this since I find some of the episodes kinda dull. I'd love a collection of every log rollers segment.

Has Spike released any of their programming on DVD other than Joe Schmo Season 1 and Stripperella?
Old 02-12-05, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You would have to first see a Takeshi's Castle dvd released and that has very little to no chance happening.

I doubt Spike has anything other than just the broadcasting rights to this and DVD sales are no where near possible for this show.
Old 08-13-06, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,370 Likes on 1,010 Posts
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6256

Old 08-13-06, 12:49 PM

Most Extreme Elimination Challenge - MXC Comes To DVD!10/03/2006

Magnolia Home Entertainment is bringing MXC to home video! The Spike TV show arrives on October 3rd, for $34.98 SRP. Here's the description from their advertisement:

"MXC" (aka Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) is the ultimate take on extreme sports competition. Each episode pits two teams (such as America's Meat Handlers and the Cartoon Voice-Over Actors) competing in some of the funniest, most hazardous games ever conceived on television. Equally compelling is the hilarious rapid fire commentary by hosts Vic Romano and Kenny Blankenship, field marshall Captain Tenneal and sideline reporter Guy LeDouche. Complete 1st Season (Vol. 1 - multi-disc) loaded with bonus features
Old 08-13-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Somebody already beat ya to the punch:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=409330
Old 08-13-06, 12:57 PM

oops
Old 08-13-06, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Somebody already beat ya to the punch:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=409330
That link doesn't appear to be working.

This is excellent news. I'll be picking up this one and I can finally delete them from my Tivo.
Old 08-14-06, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Ugh. Is this going to be the "hilarious" Spike TV version?

I'd rather have Takeshi's Castle, subbed or dubbed but without the "funny" commentary tacked on.

(P.S. It's not funny).
Old 08-14-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I second that I'd rather have Takashi's castle. I started watching this show when I lived in the UK and when I moved back to the states and caught the Spike version I wanted to stick knitting needles in my ears.

Incredibly unfunny.

It would be nice if the DVDs gave us the audio options to have the lame dubbing or the original track.
Old 08-23-06, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
I second that I'd rather have Takashi's castle. I started watching this show when I lived in the UK and when I moved back to the states and caught the Spike version I wanted to stick knitting needles in my ears.

Incredibly unfunny.

It would be nice if the DVDs gave us the audio options to have the lame dubbing or the original track.

Fortunately, a significantly large enough segment of the population disagrees with you, because they have created enough of a demand for MXC that it will be coming out on DVD on October 3 in a 2 disk package and among the bonus "extras" will be one complete episode of Takeshi's Castle.

If you were a true fan of the original Takeshi's Castle you would realize a straight translation of the original show is absolutely impossible because the MXC producers have re-edited their entire 20-minute episode, pulling clips from as many as five different shows, adding replays that werent in the original, and sometimes slowing and sometimes speeding up the dialog, adding graphics and sound effects. Even a straight translation of the show would make absolutely no sense at all.

We agree the original Takeshi's castle -- which you didn't really see in the UK, you saw an edited down version with English audio commentary added on top -- is a special show worthy of much respect.

That being said, don't let us stop you from inserting needles in your ears, and might we suggest you possibly consider not stopping there.

Last edited by MostExtreme2003; 08-23-06 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-23-06, 08:22 AM

I thought the commentary was pretty hilarious! I swear I don't know how some of those people didn't get hurt for real...
Old 08-23-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Excellent, now I too can clear my Tivo!
Old 08-23-06, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by MostExtreme2003
Fortunately, a significantly large enough segment of the population disagrees with you, because they have created enough of a demand for MXC that it will be coming out on DVD on October 3 in a 2 disk package and among the bonus "extras" will be one complete episode of Takeshi's Castle.
Hey. Just admit you guys fucked it up and couldn't make it funnier than it was by itself; there's a reason the writers are on SpikeTV and not on a real show. If you want a good example of how to dub over imported content for funny results, look at Kung Faux. But, hey, much success to you and to the millions of dolts and 14-year olds clamoring for your "original" product. Plenty of people watch "Two and a Half Men" and go to the movies to see Zoom. Doesn't mean it has an ounce of quality, it's just brainless enough to offer escapism with your added hint of subversive jingoism. Hooray!
Old 08-23-06, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Hey. Just admit you guys fucked it up and couldn't make it funnier than it was by itself; there's a reason the writers are on SpikeTV and not on a real show. If you want a good example of how to dub over imported content for funny results, look at Kung Faux. But, hey, much success to you and to the millions of dolts and 14-year olds clamoring for your "original" product. Plenty of people watch "Two and a Half Men" and go to the movies to see Zoom. Doesn't mean it has an ounce of quality, it's just brainless enough to offer escapism with your added hint of subversive jingoism. Hooray!
It's quite easy to stereotype anybody who likes MXC as morons, isn't it. Makes your world a whole lot simpler to understand.
Old 08-23-06, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Craig Charle's comments on the UK version were far from funny, but the funniest stuff was hearing the bizarre things they yellin Japanese.

The MXC editing sound effects and graphics are NOT what makes the show funny.

What makes the show funny is how insane Japanese people are, in weird costumes getting hurt.

Dick, fart and lame gay jokes do not a funny make.

Anyone could write that tripe you guys dub over that show.
Old 08-23-06, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Wallet Boy
It's quite easy to stereotype anybody who likes MXC as morons, isn't it. Makes your world a whole lot simpler to understand.
mo·ron n. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

The writing on MXC is not funny. The show can be funny, because the original material (Takeshi's Castle) is hilarious; the bad writing makes it worse. If someone finds MXC funny because of the writing, that is bad judgment. (See above).
Old 08-23-06, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerQ
Hey all,

Any word on Most Extreme Elimination Challange on DVD? I have seen other threads asking this -- but they all go off topic and noone ever mentions the DVD aspect....

Thanks,

Matt

Ugh. Is this going to be the "hilarious" Spike TV version?

I'd rather have Takeshi's Castle, subbed or dubbed but without the "funny" commentary tacked on.(P.S. It's not funny).

You don't say?
Old 08-23-06, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok so where the fuck are people suppose to see Takeshi's Castle? Buy some $100 Japanese import disc? I mean seriously people. The Spike TV version is what people have actually seen not like you DVD snob insiders bitching about why Joe-6-Pack hasn't seen some random show from the other side of the planet. It certainly isn't a reason to shit all over a thread about when the DVD of the Spike version comes out.

Once again, good job mods.
Old 08-23-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,370 Likes on 1,010 Posts
I like to consider myself (and my wife) far from being morons, and we both enjoy watching this show. Ordinarily I am a staunch defender of the original language tracks on my DVDs, but when something is changed so much, I can accept an alternate version.

Most of the laughs do come from the performers making fools of themselves on TV, but I have to admit there have been more than one "written" joke that has tickled my funny bone.

I kinda get the impression from some of you that you're just pissed because the Americanized version became more popular than the original, and you can't stand seeing your little secret liked by more than you and three closest friends.
Old 08-23-06, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
No shit, this is the most blatant threadcrapping I've seen here in a long time.

I look forward very much to this set. How many seasons have aired already?
Old 08-23-06, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
mo·ron n. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

The writing on MXC is not funny. The show can be funny, because the original material (Takeshi's Castle) is hilarious; the bad writing makes it worse. If someone finds MXC funny because of the writing, that is bad judgment. (See above).
Well then I guess I have bad judgement because I enjoy the show alot!
Old 08-23-06, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Oh yeah, this DVD set will make me wear out my A->B button more than any other non-pr0n.
Old 08-23-06, 03:59 PM

Thow me into the moron group too. Cause i love the Spike TV version better.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.