Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Springsteen Adds Five Songs Onto Seeger Sessions 10/3

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-06, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions -- American Land Edition," will arrive Oct. 3. The new version includes "American Land," a Springsteen original that debuted at the tail end of a recent North American tour.

Also featured are studio versions of Blind Alfred Reed's "How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live" and Pete Seeger's "Bring 'Em Home" with modified lyrics by Springsteen, plus "Buffalo Gals" and "How Can I Keep From Singing," which were previously included only on the DVD side of the original DualDisc edition.

"American Land Edition" also boasts an extended version of the behind-the-scenes documentary on the album's creation, videos for "American Land" and "Pay Me My Money Down" directed by Thom Zimny, live footage from June shows in Los Angeles and Concord, Calif., and liner notes by Springsteen authority Dave Marsh.

In a nod to fans that have already purchased the album, the bonus tracks on the new version will be available as single-song downloads via iTunes.
Old 08-09-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
God I'm sick of artists expanding albums months after their release. I will never fall for this scam.
Old 08-09-06, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is annoying - but thumbs up for giving people who already bought it the option to buy the bonus tracks online.

So is this going to be a DualDisc again? I'm guessing so, since it says it includes videos and a documetary.
Old 08-11-06, 06:24 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bigjim25
In a nod to fans that have already purchased the album, the bonus tracks on the new version will be available as single-song downloads via iTunes.
That's considered a nod to fans? Giving me the tracks for free would be a nod to fans. Offering to sell them to me is pretty much what I'd expect from any artist who releases new material.

I bought Seeger Sessions last month but haven't had a chance to crack the shrinkwrap yet (what can I say -- I went on a music buying binge). Back to the store it goes; I'll rebuy when the expanded album comes out.
Old 08-11-06, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad I didn't get around to buying this yet
Old 08-25-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Anyone else here the rumor that Bruce and Patti have split up? Just heard it today from a failrly reliable source, but haven't read anything about it yet...
Old 08-25-06, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://us.imdb.com/wenn/ has a small piece on it today. it'll be gone tomorrow.

the text:

Bruce Springsteen has reportedly split from his wife of 20 years, Patti Scialfa, and started a new relationship with a 9/11 widow. Friends of the rocker claim Springsteen and Scialfa have separated in secret, after he fell for a redhead he met when he organized September 11th telethon, America: A Tribute To Heroes. A source tells the New York Post newspaper, "They're separated, but everyone has been sworn to secrecy. We're not supposed to talk about it." Although Springsteen enjoyed a recent vacation with Scialfa and their three children, he has been spotted near his New Jersey home with the mystery woman. Scialfa's mother Victoria tells the newspaper, "I don't know anything about it; I don't want to talk about it." A rep for the singer has refused to comment.

-ringding-
Old 08-26-06, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
It's the New York Post we're talking about. It may be true, but I wouldn't take this as any actual evidence.