Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet and Deep Discount Just Announced lists

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-06, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I continue to have trouble keeping my wish lists accurate and up to date on the two Web stores. I can browse the Just Announced lists one day and mark the titles that interest me, then I return the next week and find that other titles have been inserted in the previous week's list. If I don't double-check I wind up missing announcements of DVDs that I want.

And where is the F TROOP 1st season set? I don't see it listed on either site at all, and it came out in June.

I really miss the old DVD Planet site. It was much better organized and maintained.

Dan
Old 08-04-06, 01:16 PM

Wouldn't you just print the list?
Old 08-05-06, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by jackson2006
Wouldn't you just print the list?
Wouldn't I print which list? The JUST ANNOUNCED list or my Wish List?

In either case, my ability to remember what is on either list the last time I looked isn't the issue. The problem is that the JUST ANNOUNCED list on the new DVD Planet Web site is not as easy to browse or trust as the old site.

Risking repeating myself, the new JUST ANNOUNCED list is different from one day to the next. Titles get inserted into the middle of the the previous day's list, and I have no way of knowing that without looking at the whole list repeatedly each day. The old site's list could be sorted by titles added each day, but the new list is strictly alphabetical. There is no option for sorting it any other way.

Change is good when it benefits the consumer, but when a Web site takes away a useful tool it can be frustrating. On the old list I could take a quick peek each day and see just the newly added titles and select from them to add to my wish list. Now I have to review the whole list that spans multiple pages to check for any new titles that snuck into the middle of the week's list. It's a waste of time and only encourages me to look for other Web stores that are better organized.

Dan
Old 08-07-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danshane
Wouldn't I print which list? The JUST ANNOUNCED list or my Wish List?

In either case, my ability to remember what is on either list the last time I looked isn't the issue. The problem is that the JUST ANNOUNCED list on the new DVD Planet Web site is not as easy to browse or trust as the old site.

Risking repeating myself, the new JUST ANNOUNCED list is different from one day to the next. Titles get inserted into the middle of the the previous day's list, and I have no way of knowing that without looking at the whole list repeatedly each day. The old site's list could be sorted by titles added each day, but the new list is strictly alphabetical. There is no option for sorting it any other way.

Change is good when it benefits the consumer, but when a Web site takes away a useful tool it can be frustrating. On the old list I could take a quick peek each day and see just the newly added titles and select from them to add to my wish list. Now I have to review the whole list that spans multiple pages to check for any new titles that snuck into the middle of the week's list. It's a waste of time and only encourages me to look for other Web stores that are better organized.

Dan

Did you shoot them an email letting them know you'd prefer it to be sorted by date added? It's probably just an oversight on their part.
Old 08-07-06, 10:58 AM

I've noticed that on DeepDiscountDVD too. I am referring to the "List All Upcoming Releases" list. It goes from, as of today, from Aug. 8th/06 to Mar.13/07. There is a lot, and I mean a lot, of DVDs listed.

I go through the list and add the ones I want to my wishlist, but then, as the person above says, they add more to the list. But not at the end. They spread them out inserting them into the appropriate release dates. But there is no way to tell what they added, and where, so if you go back the next day you have to go through the whole list again. It takes a while too.

I think it would be great if the had some sort of e-mail subscription service where they would notify you each day, or whenever, as to what they added since the last time.

Also, It would be a good idea to have the "release date" show in your wishlist.
When you add something to your wishlist it would also add the date it was due out. That way when you order, from your wishlist, you don't overlook something, realize it later, and have to make a separate order.

Just my 2 cents.

James
Old 08-08-06, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by JamesDFarrow
Also, It would be a good idea to have the "release date" show in your wishlist.
When you add something to your wishlist it would also add the date it was due out. That way when you order, from your wishlist, you don't overlook something, realize it later, and have to make a separate order.

James

That's how the old DVD Planet Wish List used to work. Another quality feature lost.

Dan

Last edited by danshane; 08-08-06 at 05:12 AM.
Old 08-10-06, 01:46 AM
Banned

Is Dvdplanet.com and DDD the same?

Hello friends,

Is DeepDiscountdvd the same company as Dvdplanet.com? Dvdplanet site says it's partly owned by Infinity Resources. And there offices r located at the same address as DDD (900 N. Rohlwing Rd, Itasca, IL 60143). What the deal? Do their dvds come from the same warehouse as DDD?

KC