Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Big Brother 7 - Live Feeds Discussion (Contains Spoilers!)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-06, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please discuss live feed happenings in this thread.

The thread title is tagged spoilers, so no spoiler tags are necessary.

Discussion about the show itself should go in the other thread.

Big Brother 7 Show Discussion

Last edited by Jadzia; 08-04-06 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-04-06, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danielle has gone back to the Danielle she claimed wouldn't be playing this game.

She'd better be careful because if she makes it to the final 2, everyone in the house is going to get a taste of just how nasty she can be.

Those who are floating towards the end could beat her if she keeps this up.

She's already talking about how nasty Janelle is and has been and how she's takin' the game to a whole 'nother level. She's also calling Janelle fat. That's kind of as absurd as fat lard Amy saying she couldn't stand Janie because she wins too many of the challenges.

WHAT?

If anything, Janie has been a victim of being strong, being the hot blonde, and having 2 weak partners and 1 partner who wasn't really a partner (James).

S6 has NOT been nasty. They've been dumb; really dumb. You can question every single eviction but Jase's and that only happened because CBS didn't want the Chicken Man to leave.

The sad thing is that I don't think Howie or Kaysar have any game. Like Will does, they should be proactive...working to throw the house into chaos right now...or, at the very least, right after the noms are made.

Howie won't know what to do (he's convinced right now that Dani will put up Boogie and Will) and Kaysar's attitude will be 1) that he wants to go home, which has been all that's he's said for over a week now or 2) that "we need to look at the long view and get back at them next week."

First, they may never have that chance again. The house seems firmly in mini alliances and Kaysar and Howie are on the outside looking in. And no one is going to want to take Kaysar to the end, because he'd probably win and Howie, though a terrible player and surely someone anyone can beat in a vote, is simply not in anyone's long terms plans.

I'd love to see them do something. Maybe have Howie go alpha male and really take it to the people who've betrayed S6 (yes, that's the point of the game, but you just want people off their game and not thinking straight) like Will, Boogie, and James. Get angry, be mean, get them jumpy of thinking you are seriously after them. Kaysar could go the other way and play it morally and spend hours talking to people about promises made and how people have said they were going to play a "nicer" game and they've just broken down and lied and attacked. He isn't good at much, but he can get to people's minds when it comes to guilt. Erika might be a good target because she's sensitive, paranoid, and I think she could be convinced that Dani has a strong alliance and Erika isn't in it.

None of it may work, but start screwing with people's heads. Make it interesting. At this point, you almost have to (again, like Will) be willing to fall on your sword just to change the direction of the game. The paranoia is really high, but someone needs to give it a big push.

Because the direction right now is going to lead to Janelle leaving for sure and Kaysar following very quickly. They can probably deal with Howie whenever. Heck, none of S6 has even tried to turn Marcellas against Danielle. Lie to the guy and tell him that her plan is to get out Janie, yes, because that's clearly what she wants, but the fall back would be to vote out Marci if she gets off with the POV. Set him loose on Dani for nearly a week all paranoid and freaked out...put SOME pressure on her. He's one of the few people that can be lied to very easily and turned into a monster.

Then with Howie doing something to cause troubles in his own way and Kaysar using the holier than thou act, who knows? You might just get things screwed up or at least get 1 of the S6 people into a position of strength, because they are all but dead right now.

None of this will happen, I predict. It will, likely, be an uneventful week except for the behind the back name calling. We need the kind of fireworks from K (against Cappy) and H (against Busto) right now to make this show fun even if they all go down in flames.

I also wouldn't rule it out at all, that if they do plan on bringing someone back and Janie goes out, that she will likely be the choice to come back in. I know I'd start talking about that a lot to see if it got any traction.

The sad thing is, it really was Kaysar who was running S6 for the majority of the early weeks and he's very much responsible for the poor choices they've made. Janelle is a victim of being great at the challenges, attractive, and getting too much attention (the one thing that truly is her fault) for the whole crush on Will that played on last week.

Will is doing the same exact thing with Dani as he did with Janie. The is also talk that Boogie is with Erika, which would mean Will is with Erika and that Will is playing Janie, Dani, James, and Kaysar with the exact same story. I didn't think the guy could pull this off, and while he is great, no one, not a single person has called him out and put him in a zone where he isn't comfortable. They'd better do it soon (or something soon) or Dr. Will might just roll over the entire herd again. And it would be actually more pathetic, because, to this point, no one is really making him sweat.

The majority of the house has a huge case of Janellousy.
Old 08-04-06, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kay, Janie, and Howie are STILL not convinced James is with another alliance.

What can I say?

James told Janie that Dani is putting up James and Janelle, which, by the way, is what she said is most likely going to happen.

But the idea is that they have the votes to get Janie by a lot and don't believe Will or Boogie would flip (which is probably right). So putting up James is just a way of making it look like James hasn't betrayed the other 3.

It's a good idea, but what kills me is that not Kaysar, Howie, or Janie have even discussed the possibility that James going up would be a trick. They don't believe James is even telling the truth about the noms or that Dani isn't telling the truth.

If Jani was to be taken off the block, Kaysar would likely take her place.

They need to stir it up. Janie wants to and Howie was just talking about Hurrican Howie from last year and Kaysar told him not to do that. With Howie, he has no self control, so hopefully, he'll just get triggered and flip on. Will is the kind of guy who might be able to just sit back and enjoy a week of Hurricane Howie, but it will get on every last nerve of the rest of the house...including Boogie.

Boogie drinks and smarts off to the Hurricane and maybe we get an all-star battle royale. I'm disappointed that Janie is likely on her way out, but let's get some fireworks going here. We're so close, because the lies are no longer easy to hide and conversations are much hard to keep private. Also actions right now should give away a lot of people's intentions.

Kaysar mentioned possibly telling Dani that if Janie goes, that Howie and Kaysar will both make sequester and will not vote for her no matter what. It might not seem like much, but I want to see the threats come out. If someone can trigger a Dani rage, she could really hurt herself, because the strength of her game is keeping it quiet and together and venting her anger with people who agree with her and in the DR.
Old 08-04-06, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Danielle won the HOH comp.

The game is on!
Old 08-04-06, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Danielle won the HOH comp.

The game is on!

I'm not really sure how much of her hand she can show at this point. Her game isn't really the aggresive in your face style. Her going after Janelle will seal her fate. Chill Town will go whichever direction the HOH wants and if one of the 4(3 next week) get HOH then Danni is as good as gone. As terrible as the 4 have looked with there nominations thus far they have done exactly what they wanted to do by getting out quite a bit of the floaters meaning even if one of them go they still pretty much control the house.
Old 08-04-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think Danni putting up James as a pawn is risky. Will and Boogie would probably want to get rid of James since they cant manipulate him as easy. Kaysar and Howie are more loyal to Janie than James. It would be in Marcellesas best interest to keep Janie because he is so high up on her alliance chart. It could happen that James could go home.
Old 08-04-06, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like Marcelles gave his slop exemption to George.
Old 08-04-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't understand all the fans talk that S6 played stupid. Regardless of any competition, as soon as none of them had the HOH, one was going home. So they leave people in the game that are bigger threats. I think this move is smart because then a floater might decide to target someone else. It's doubtful but its a better chance than removing Will and Boogie early on.
Old 08-04-06, 01:19 PM

if Dani puts up james, he will be gone. pawns always leave.
Old 08-04-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Erika survived as a pawn.

I wish they up the POV to Platinum status, meaning not only do you get to veto a nomination, you also get to nominate the replacement on the eviction block(similar to the coup d'etat that BB is dangling to hold viewers interests). That would make winng POV crucial as hell.
Old 08-04-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I think Danni putting up James as a pawn is risky. Will and Boogie would probably want to get rid of James since they cant manipulate him as easy. Kaysar and Howie are more loyal to Janie than James. It would be in Marcellesas best interest to keep Janie because he is so high up on her alliance chart. It could happen that James could go home.
Well, Will told Janie that's his plan. He said that getting James put up is to throw them off and get James booted.

Of course, it's Will we're talking about. While, he's always playing someone, at the moment, it's either Dani or Janie. If Janie goes, Kaysar and Howie won't be dealt a death blow, but if James goes, it will be like cutting off the head of Dani. I think Erika is closest to Boogie, Marci will freak, CG seems to like Will, so I certainly don't think, in any way, that the house would go nuts if Will manages to screw over Dani and boots James.

I want to believe it's Dani he's lying to, but I just don't want to get my hopes up. Still, getting James booted would be an all time great big brother kill, while Janie is the odds on favorite to go, so it would be very cool to James go.
Old 08-04-06, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would think Will would want to keep Jani around over James, for the simple fact that he feels he could manipulate her easier.
Old 08-04-06, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Well, Will told Janie that's his plan. He said that getting James put up is to throw them off and get James booted.

Of course, it's Will we're talking about. While, he's always playing someone, at the moment, it's either Dani or Janie. If Janie goes, Kaysar and Howie won't be dealt a death blow, but if James goes, it will be like cutting off the head of Dani. I think Erika is closest to Boogie, Marci will freak, CG seems to like Will, so I certainly don't think, in any way, that the house would go nuts if Will manages to screw over Dani and boots James.

I want to believe it's Dani he's lying to, but I just don't want to get my hopes up. Still, getting James booted would be an all time great big brother kill, while Janie is the odds on favorite to go, so it would be very cool to James go.
I would love love love to see that happen! I could only imagine Will and Boogie's phone call in the DR!
Old 08-04-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will just pulled Boogie into the Bathroom and explained that they should think about flipping on Dani and taking out James. So Will is considering it and its not just a lie to Janelle. I have a question though. The thing that James won, negating an eviction vote, when does he say he wants to use it? After the vote or before? If its after then that would make the vote 3-3 (Kaysar, Howie, Will, Boogie) to (Marcellus, CG, Erika). Take away the one vote and its even and Danielle gets to vote out Janelle.
Old 08-04-06, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can confirm from the feeds that Will wants to, as of now, get James out!

For the first time, I got Will talking along with Boogie and not just working on Janie or Dani.

In this private conversation, Will told Mike that he wants to flip and get out James and let Janie stay in the game to go after Dani.

So, we do now know where he stands. Of course, things could change and Dani might not end up putting James up.

It will be interesting to see if they try and keep Janie if James doesn't go up, because then Dani and James would be left in the house to come after them.

They need to get James put up!
Old 08-04-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

James just said something about knowing that the is going up.

One interesting thing, the vote would be 5-2 the way Will sold it to Dani.

Marci, CG, Erika, Will, Boogie-against Janie

Howie, Kaysar-against James

Well, if Boogie and Mike flip, that makes the vote 4-3 to evict James, but James can cancel a vote and that would make it 3-3 and Dani gets Janie out.

So, I'm wondering if they've thought that out. ANY of Erika, CG or Marci could also flip with Will and Boogie making the vote nullification useless, but I wonder who they could really count on. Erika, clearly, is not someone you can trust, Marci is hard to gauge, so I'm wondering if Will thinks he can swing the Chicken Man. He must be pretty sure that he can get one of them OR Will might have not thought the votes out and might be walking into his first big mistake in BB history.
Old 08-04-06, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Janelle and James are the noms!
Old 08-04-06, 08:10 PM

Oh, it's on now!
Old 08-04-06, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
Oh, it's on now!
All the while, the most obnoxious egotistical only former BB winner, Will, goes through all of this unscathed.
Old 08-04-06, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And people think Will just skates by by sheer personality. It's a lot of work, but he's very smart in how he "handles" people from day to day.
Old 08-04-06, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm confused by this...Danielle and James are tight. Is James just a pawn here, or has Danielle double crossed James?
Old 08-05-06, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
And people think Will just skates by by sheer personality. It's a lot of work, but he's very smart in how he "handles" people from day to day.
I don't deny that. But it's more the stupidity and gullibility of the others than his own brilliance which is carrying him. And now it's the old "fool me once... fool me twice" thing. Most of these so-called all-stars are being fooled a second time (those who didn't actually play with him have no doubt seen S2 and should know better) and it is "shame on them."

Last edited by movielib; 08-05-06 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-05-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But understand this, Will is an excellent opportunist, and knows how to charm and spin things in his favor, even when he has nothing of value to barter with. That's gamesmanship. Would you rather a dullard like Howie or or Chicken George win the game just for being a bump on the log the entire way through? Will is making his own fate, he's making things happen on a subversive level, that's what make his gameplay interesting and fun to watch. Most people looking in from the outside think people are dumb for doing what they do, but the level of paranoia and mistrust plays a huge factor in the choices they make inside the house. Will knows how to tap into that and make it work for him (and Boogie, for now), a lot of the other players don't have that level of "game". Will is able to argue logically what's in the best interest for the person he's trying to persuade and give them what they want to hear. He's always using game theory to make others think they are deciding on what's best for themselves, that they are making the decisions, while also using such motivations to keep himself from being evicted.
Old 08-05-06, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
But understand this, Will is an excellent opportunist, and knows how to charm and spin things in his favor, even when he has nothing of value to barter with. That's gamesmanship. Would you rather a dullard like Howie or or Chicken George win the game just for being a bump on the log the entire way through? Will is making his own fate, he's making things happen on a subversive level, that's what make his gameplay interesting and fun to watch. Most people looking in from the outside think people are dumb for doing what they do, but the level of paranoia and mistrust plays a huge factor in the choices they make inside the house. Will knows how to tap into that and make it work for him (and Boogie, for now), a lot of the other players don't have that level of "game". Will is able to argue logically what's in the best interest for the person he's trying to persuade and give them what they want to hear. He's always using game theory to make others think they are deciding on what's best for themselves, that they are making the decisions, while also using such motivations to keep himself from being evicted.
Well said! I think that is right on as far as Will is concerned! I didnt watch season 2 but I really want to. I would love to see how Will did this originally, when it had never been done before. And the fact that all these seasoned players are falling for it again, shows how brilliant is manipulation is. He should have been gone week 1, and here we are week 5 and he still isnt put up. He single handedly forced the floaters vs Season 6...and this season would be very boring without him (CG, Erika, Howie).
Old 08-05-06, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Janelle wins POV. Wonder who will be replacing her, Kaysar or Howie. I bet James is feeling pretty damn nervous about being a "pawn" now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.