Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Closer - July 31, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
The Closer - July 31, 2006

This fine program continues to set the standard. Last night was particularly heartbreaking and horrifying at the same time, with some of the best acting yet. The bodies of a Japanese woman and her 4-year-old daughter are found in Los Angeles harbor, tied together and weighted down. The husband/father has a rock solid alibi, and for a long time, I had no idea how this one was going to go. No subplot this week -- just a tight focus on the case at hand.

One fun moment - Brenda in bed with a bowl of ice cream fuming at the way the case turned out, while her boyfriend is trying to get to sleep...
Old 08-01-06, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed. I think this was the best episode yet.

I was a bit worried after the season premier that the show had run out of steam, but then they had the two episodes with Brenda's mother in town. And then things just keep getting better from there.
Old 08-01-06, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Though I think the episode where Provenza and Finn are trying to get to the Dodger game is the best so far, last nights was awesome as well. Part of me was hoping they wouldn't get the guy since they can't solve every case right? On the other hand it ws satisfying when she finally nailed the husband.
Old 08-01-06, 02:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was one of the better episodes as well.
Old 08-02-06, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So at the end, did she find the body of the first wife? When the camera panned down, it seemed like it was pretty deep in the lake.

I love this show.
Old 08-02-06, 01:59 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I don't think she saw it, I think she just figured out where it was and they showed it at the bottom to the audience to let them know she was right instead of devoting anymore time to it.
Old 08-03-06, 03:31 PM

This was the first episode I caught and thought it was great. Seems some of you think this was the best/one-of-the-best episodes. Are the rest of the episodes only slightly less good or is this episode miles better than the rest.

Just wondering if I should invest my time in this series. Thanks.
Old 08-03-06, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by tsinbad
This was the first episode I caught and thought it was great. Seems some of you think this was the best/one-of-the-best episodes. Are the rest of the episodes only slightly less good or is this episode miles better than the rest.

Just wondering if I should invest my time in this series. Thanks.
I've enjoyed the show from the start. A great police drama with a very interesting lead. Calling this week's episode one of the best by no means implies that the rest are terrible or not worth watching. The first season was excellent (and currently available on DVD) and it seemed I was waiting forever for the second season to start this summer. My minor complaint above about the second season premier was that it didn't seem to have anything in it that we hadn't already seen in one or more episode in season one- still it was an okay episode and things have only gotten better.

Originally Posted by Jadzia
So at the end, did she find the body of the first wife? When the camera panned down, it seemed like it was pretty deep in the lake.
I don't think she could see it at that moment, but that shot let us know that she was looking in the right spot and it was only a matter of time before she'd be able to nail him for that murder.