An Image Scan Request (re: SEABISCUIT)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-06, 09:23 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone please provide me an image scan of the actual DVD for the single-disc widescreen release of SEABISCUIT (not the case but the disc itself, and please not from the double-disc collector's set)? A weird request, I know, but I'd appreciate it...
Old 07-28-06, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
go here: http://www.cdcovers.cc

not sure if this is it:

Last edited by Pointyskull; 07-28-06 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-28-06, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just checked my disc, because I have the one-disc widescreen release, and that's the disc.

cheers,

-the Jesus
Old 07-28-06, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's the one I have as well.
Old 07-29-06, 09:14 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Thanks a million, guys! You may be wondering why I needed to know this. Well, frankly, I never lend my DVDs out to anyone. Never. To anyone. Decry it as only child selfishness and I'll herald it as only child pragmatism (oh, but how much simpler it would make my life to have a DVD burner). In my experience, no one on the planet seems to understand how to treat DVDs and CDs and keep them in mint, just-out-of-the-cellophane condition, and my DVDs are my "babies". After years of being taken to task by friends and family alike on this issue, I finally decided, "Okay, I'm gonna give this a chance, give my loved ones the benefit of the doubt and stop being such an asshole about this", and brought over SEABISCUIT: 2-Disc Ultimate Gift Set for my stepfather to burn on his computer for my Mom. All they had to endure (after years of knowing where and why I stood on this issue) was my two-minute speech on holding the disc with middle finger and thumb on the outermost disc edge and forefinger in the spindle hole, and to never lay the disc on a surface with the data side down. So what does my stepfather IMMEDIATELY do, right in front of me? Sets disc one of SEABISCUIT data side down on a stone coaster! Needless to say, the disc was immediately scratched (and don't ask me if it still plays right; I don't care to find out and that's not the point anyway), so I've been in the market for a replacement for disc one since then, but haven't had an easy or cost efficient way of replacing my Ultimate Gift Set with another. Now, through the helpful people here at DVDTalk (chief among them, speedy1961, from the post above), I've discovered that the single-disc version of SEASBISCUIT will be on sale next week at Best Buy for only $3.99. With the help of everyone in this thread, I've confirmed that Disc One of my UGC that was scratched is identical in every way to the disc offered in the single disc release, so I can now replace it for a pittance, and quite likely sell off my scratched one (since most used DVD retailers don't seem to have the same degree of anal retention I do) for $3-$4 and be out almost nothing except a few months of peace of mind and the hope that people will rise to your expectations if you give them the benefit of the doubt, he he...
Old 07-29-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...You're crazy. That is all.

Last edited by Tarantinoholic; 07-29-06 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-29-06, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tarantinoholic
...You're crazy. That is all.
Credits to navy beans you have brothers and/or sisters. Yours is always the condescending dismissal of someone with siblings who had to have their private property mangled for years and have come to accept it as a matter of course. I, on the other hand, place great value on personal property, mine and others, and if that's crazy, then woe for the future of humanity.
Old 07-29-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

My friend, I was once like you. However, after countless years of having my belongings ruined by four - count 'em, four - younger brothers, I have become disillusioned. It seems that my things will always get ruined, no matter how much effort I put into keeping them pristine. I've come to the conclusion that there will always be people who put absolutely no stock into the value of our swag and while I agree that there may not be any hope for the future of humanity, there seems to be even *dimmer* hope for our collective DVD collections. Which sucks.

By the way, maybe "crazy GENIUS" is a more accurate description of you. Your analysis was spot on. Keep fighting the good fight for those of us who have given up hope.

Last edited by Tarantinoholic; 07-29-06 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-29-06, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Credits to navy beans you have brothers and/or sisters. Yours is always the condescending dismissal of someone with siblings who had to have their private property mangled for years and have come to accept it as a matter of course. I, on the other hand, place great value on personal property, mine and others, and if that's crazy, then woe for the future of humanity.
So your an only child then. That explains it.

Seriously, I have been lending out my DVDs to friends for years and I have never had a problem until recently. I loaned a friend Dead Like Me Season 1 and got back a scratched up disc 1. I did read him the riot act and he will be getting me a new disc one. Most likely I will continue to loan them out though.
Old 07-29-06, 12:41 PM

If you continue to loan out discs from your collection, which judging from your first experience you're not going to.

But if you do, you might want to think about investing in a disc repairer/resurfacer.

Others who've had more experience with these devices can probably suggest good vs. bad machines.
Old 07-29-06, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tarantinoholic
My friend, I was once like you. However, after countless years of having my belongings ruined by four - count 'em, four - younger brothers, I have become disillusioned. It seems that my things will always get ruined, no matter how much effort I put into keeping them pristine. I've come to the conclusion that there will always be people who put absolutely no stock into the value of our swag and while I agree that there may not be any hope for the future of humanity, there seems to be even *dimmer* hope for our collective DVD collections. Which sucks.

By the way, maybe "crazy GENIUS" is a more accurate description of you. Your analysis was spot on. Keep fighting the good fight for those of us who have given up hope.
He he, viva la mint condition!
Old 07-29-06, 01:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kenshiro
If you continue to loan out discs from your collection, which judging from your first experience you're not going to.
You're right, I'm not, NEEEVVVEEEERRRRR, but thanks for the recommendation anyway.
Old 07-30-06, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
pardon me for this broad simplification, but you must really need some pussy.
Old 07-30-06, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

How would a cat stop people from damaging his discs?
Old 07-30-06, 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeDeN2K
pardon me for this broad simplification, but you must really need some pussy.
The part about this that disappoints me most is that no moderator will appear to admonish you for this, but if I'd said the same thing to someone else...

In any case, regarding the great trim, I'm married to a Scorpio--I'm in a surplus of pussy. I really need a raise, though; maybe it's that...