Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Sci-Fi 10pm 7/27 - Garth Marenghi's Darkplace + Mike Mignola's Amazing Screw-On Head

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sci-Fi 10pm 7/27 - Garth Marenghi's Darkplace + Mike Mignola's Amazing Screw-On Head

Old 07-27-06, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Darkplace

In the 1980s horror writer Garth Marenghi wrote, produced, directed and starred in Darkplace, a groundbreaking series set in a hospital and exploring the depths of the author's imagination. At least that's what Marenghi and his publicist/co-star, Dean Learner, claim in modern-day interviews which both bookend and interrupt the episodes. In fact the show is cheap, chiché'd, full of gaping plot holes and startlingly misogynist. Garth Marenghi is a creation of comedian Matthew Holness, who won a Perrier award with the character at the 2001 Edinburgh festival.

IMDB: 9.4/10

The Amazing Screw-On Head

<hr>

I've seen The Amazing Screw-On Head before and it's great. I'm looking forward to seeing Darkplace. Note that, at least for now, you can stream these shows for free.
Old 07-27-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cannot recommend Garth Marenghi's Darkplace enough. It is highly amusing.
Old 07-28-06, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope Screw-On makes it to series. I'd love to see a weekly Mignola animated show.
Old 08-21-06, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I just saw both of these shows last night. Loved them. I know there's only 6 episodes of Darkplace, but Sci-Fi Channel can go have sexual relations with themselves if they don't turn Amazing Screw-on Head into a series. That was great stuff. It was so good, I had to watch it again on their online stream.