Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Where to order "Eraser" from?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-06, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Eraser" on R2 - UK version censored, how about the others

The Region 2 (UK VERSION) of the Arnold flick "Eraser" (a movie I just love) is chopped up, butchered and censored. I found out the hard way after ordering from play.com.

Now I live in Denmark, and just got a store to order it for me. We do NOT have a tradition of censoring or censorship here in Denmark, and I find it highly unlikely that it SHOULD be censored. But it IS region 2 like the UK one is. Any way I can check whether or not it is butchered like the UK version is? Basically: are the cuts only made to the UK release, or ALL of region 2?

Thank you my friends of DVDtalk I love you <3

Last edited by Parcher; 07-26-06 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-26-06, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Parcher
The Region 2 (UK VERSION) of the Arnold flick "Eraser" (a movie I just love) is chopped up, butchered and censored. I found out the hard way after ordering from play.com.

Now I live in Denmark, and just got a store to order it for me. We do NOT have a tradition of censoring or censorship here in Denmark, and I find it highly unlikely that it SHOULD be censored. But it IS region 2 like the UK one is. Any way I can check whether or not it is butchered like the UK version is? Basically: are the cuts only made to the UK release, or ALL of region 2?

Thank you my friends of DVDtalk I love you <3
I checked it out at DVDCompare.net (http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=652) and it looks like only the R2 UK version is cut. That has to be one of the worst cuts I've ever seen! From reading it, it sounds like they wanted to go for a 15 release (I'm assuming that means anyone 15 and over).

Oh, by the way, I want to say that I love my friends at DVDTalk >3
Old 07-26-06, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks a lot my friend Numes

Yeah, I have the UK version on my shelf somewhere. I think I'll throw it in the trash. What the HELL am I supposed to do with this chopped-up POS version:

"R2 United Kingdom - (Warner Bros Home Entertainment) - Yes,this film has been cut by 3:22 minutes:
The cinema release flopped in the UK so the distributor opted for a 15 release. The BBFC felt that they had removed the sadistic edge from most of the violence and revealed a good action thriller which proved to have far greater audience appeal.
-In the opening sequence where Kruger rescues Johnny C, 17s of punches were removed along with the post punch dialogue: Get me some ice, I think I broke my goddam hand.
-Also in the opening scene, a scene with a bound & gagged woman being doused with petrol has been removed. Also a thug with a petrol can saying Sure boss has been deleted.
-A close up a a man in a noose being lifted up has been cut.
-A scene where they attempt to remove Johnny's tongue was cut along with the line: See if it sings on its own
-4s cut where Kruger breaks a mans neck in a fridge door.
-1s missing of a scene which has a close up of Kruger as he pumps a second bullet into the body of the dead bad guy to frame them.
-As the hero ignites the pretrol on the floor, the sight of the flames engulfing a corpse has gone.
-3s cut in William Donough's office. He points the gun at Lee and shouts "You have no f*****g idea". In the 15 video all that remains is "You".
-In William Donough's office, 1s is cut where he puts the gun into his mouth and fires. Also, the close up of the man with blood coming out of his mouth.
-Close up of man with a blade in his neck after Kruger stabs him through the door is missing.
-We fail to see the guy he then kills flying through the air into a wall.
-In the video, we see Samaritan hold his witness and appear to smother her. It should show Samaritan shoot her and then pretend to give her mouth to mouth resuscitation as she dies.
-Samaritan actually shoots Monroe twice, one of those shots has been cut.
-Inside the alligator park, the first bad guy gets an arm ripped off.
-The hero pursues and pistol whips a SWAT man which we dont see
-The villain grabs and woman and pistol whips her, we don't see this
-Neither do we see the hero erase the swat team in a lift by removing the pins from a SWAT man's belt and then throwing him down the shaft.
-3s cut when Kruger runs out to see the helicopter fly away. In the NSTC Laserdisc, he punches a man and breaks his neck.
-A Russian guard is seen slapping a woman...or rather isn't
-In the shipyard, 4s is missing when Kruger finishes off two guards after an impressive aerial acrobatics display.The impact shot of a third man being shot and thrown through a window has gone
-A close up of a knife blade used to threaten a woman has gone
-1s missing when Lee kicks her Russian captor in the face after escaping.
-The hero gets the upper hand but we dont see the impact shot of three men being thrown into the air along with gun shots and impacts
-1s missing when Sall shoots a bad guy in the eye. We should see a close up of the man falling back without an eye.
-The villain's pistol blow to the woman has gone along with gunfire and impacts in the gun battle around the crane
-4s are cut from the fight between Kruger and Samaritan, when Samaritan hits Kruger with an iron bar.
-45s The train ploughs into the car but we don'tsee the Baddies screaming and thumping as they try to escape. Kruger stands and watches and when it is over but we dont see the satisfied look on his face nor do wee the smoking car wreck in the ruins of the train. "

Edit- nevermind. Obv. the uk release sucks ass.

Last edited by Parcher; 07-26-06 at 06:15 AM.