Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Supersuckers - Paid EP out 7/25/06

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-06, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't know if there are any other Supersuckers fans out there, but they are one of my personal favorites. Their new EP (granted they have been playing many of these songs live for awhile) is coming out this week and is already available on emusic.com. Kind of sucks its only an EP, but I personally thought it was a solid effort as far as EPs go.

Paid is a decent song, but I thought it was a little too "by the numbers" and a song that almost any band could do.
I really liked the next two tracks though. Breaking Honey's Heart is a really cool country song and has some of the same feel as Roadworn and Weary. I Like It All, Man is another great track and unlike Paid it sounds like 100% Supersuckers. Probably my favorite on the EP.
Hear I am is the last of the new tracks. Decent song, but it didn't really hook me in the way the earlier tracks did. Rounding out the disc are too remakes. A great rock version of Road Worn and Weary called the 6/6/6 version. Also a different version of Creepy Jackalope Eye also called a 6/6/6 version.

I would love a new full album, but I have to admit this EP and even the previous album of outakes have been really good. This will hold me over for awhile.