Untitled Star Wars game

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Untitled Star Wars game

Old 07-22-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Untitled Star Wars game

http://blogs.gamedaily.com/blogs/Per...20Session.blog

I didn't see this psoted, but if it is, let me know.

Looks interesting. Maybe a new "Jedi Knight" title? I've enjoyed that series on the PC since "Dark Forces," so a new installment would be great, even on the consoles. I really liked the multiplayer of "Jedi Knight II" as well, so more multiplayer would be great.
Old 07-22-06, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by outer-edge
http://blogs.gamedaily.com/blogs/Per...20Session.blog

I didn't see this psoted, but if it is, let me know.

Looks interesting. Maybe a new "Jedi Knight" title? I've enjoyed that series on the PC since "Dark Forces," so a new installment would be great, even on the consoles. I really liked the multiplayer of "Jedi Knight II" as well, so more multiplayer would be great.
Cool, it does look like a new Jedi Knight title to me.
Old 07-23-06, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That isn't an actual game. It was a tech demo shown at E3.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11412/...ch-Demo-Movie/

Lucasarts is working on a next-gen Star Wars game, but this video clip is not actual footage from the game. It is just a tech demo to show off the physics. The way the jedi picks up and repeatedly slams the stormtrooper into the ground reminds me of Psi-Ops.
Old 07-23-06, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by kgrogers1979
The way the jedi picks up and repeatedly slams the stormtrooper into the ground reminds me of Psi-Ops.
I thought the same exact thing.
Old 07-23-06, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That may be just a tech demo, but it's been rumored that a new Star Wars game which will be released next Fall as some sort of big "multi-media event"--similar to what they did with Shadows of the Empire ten years ago. Details are very sketchy at this point, but from what I've gathered, it's set in between Episodes III and IV. Brand new characters will be introduced, as well as old favorites like Darth Vader. In fact, the game has been referred to as the "Darth Vader game," and I think the story may revolve around Vader tracking down the remaining Jedi.
Old 02-12-07, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New info released:

Next Star Wars game details Unleashed:

The latest issue of Game Informer brought forth information on the latest Star Wars game. Titled Star Wars: Force Unleashed, it is set to help bridge the 19 year gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. You get to play as Darth Vader's apprentice, as he wants to overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy with you at his side. At the same time, there is a galaxy wide hunt to exterminate the remaining Jedi from existence. Force Unleashed also boasts LucasArts' Eurphoria engine, capable of real-time environmental damage. For instance, when using Force powers on steel, it will dent appropriately. Another example includes a tree either splintering or breaking in two, dependent on the type of impact.

You may be concerned that given the title is taking place between the two trilogies that your actions aren't going to have a huge impact, as the events are set in stone. That's not the case, as LucasArts is saying that there will be multiple endings that can really shake up the Star Wars Universe. At least you have a shot of taking down Palpatine before the first Death Star is fully operational. Does this pique your interest, or does any (finished) Star Wars game without the word "Knights" and "Republic" in the title get ignored?

Can't wait to play it.
Old 02-12-07, 01:54 PM
Banned

Darth Vader's apprentice??

I hope the game lets you pick your race (one thing I really wished the KOTOR games would let you do). I want to be an Ewok Sith.
Old 02-12-07, 02:15 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

geesh cant we play as a good guy??
Old 02-12-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

wheres the fun in that.
Old 02-12-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hasbro is debuting their upcoming Force Unleashed action figures this week at Toy Fair in New York:

(Click for bigger versions)

I gotta admit--that fucked-up Vader alone has me curious about this game. . .
Old 02-12-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
So, going into my Star Wars geek mode, they have already broken the "rule of two" with this story?

Also,

I can't believe Hasbro has these figures coming out so soon yet the KOTOR fans are still waiting on anything to be released. I believe they are doing Darth Malak and one other figure from the series but you would think they would have had them out by now.
Old 02-12-07, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know that the Rule of Two is necessarily broken if Vader's training his apprentice for the purpose of usurping the Emperor. What Palpatine doesn't know can, and will in fact, hurt him.
Old 02-12-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Similar to what Palpatine did to Count Dooku with Anakin?
Old 02-12-07, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MWB
I wonder if that is Vader's apprentice. He looks like one of the Emperor's personal guards painted black instead of red. I really hope that isn't Vader's apprentice. I was expecting something "less generic."

So if they are turning this "Force Unleashed" thing into a multimedia event like with Shadows of the Empire are there going to be books and comics too? I wonder if Force Unleashed will somehow tie into the TV show they are supposedly planning.
Old 02-12-07, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
Similar to what Palpatine did to Count Dooku with Anakin?
Except Dooku was Palpatine's apprentice. Sidious was happy to sacrifice him for the promise that Anakin had shown.
Old 02-12-07, 08:07 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Christ, why can't we just play as Vader?
Old 02-13-07, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,159 Likes on 4,192 Posts
Originally Posted by kicker_of_elves
New info released:

That's not the case, as LucasArts is saying that there will be multiple endings that can really shake up the Star Wars Universe. At least you have a shot of taking down Palpatine before the first Death Star is fully operational.

Can't wait to play it.
That's one thing I was wondering : How come it took 19 years for the first Death Star to become operational, but one one or two for the second one?

And what is the "Rule Of Two"?
Old 02-13-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Decker
From the end of Episode I:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.
Old 02-13-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Yoda: Always two there are, a Master and an Apprentice, no more no less

Mace Windu: But which was destroyed, the Master or the Apprentice?
Old 02-13-07, 09:43 AM
Suspended

The next Star Wars game that I want to hear about, better include the Wii, its remote, and light saber duels.
Old 02-13-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 177 Posts
I wonder who this dude is. He looks badass.

Old 02-13-07, 10:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Decker
Going into major nerd mode:

Originally there were hundreds and hundreds of Sith like there were hundreds and hundreds of Jedi. The Sith, being pure evil, ended up killing themselves off simply because they were so power-hungry. One Sith, Darth Bane, realized what was happening so he quietly hid away while his fellow Sith killed themselves. The Jedi saw all the in-fighting between the Sith and stepped in to deliver the final blow that brought them to extinction, well near extinction because they did not know about Darth Bane.

Darth Bane creates the Rule of Two because as he just witnessed, too many Sith is a problem. He becomes the sole Sith master and takes one apprentice. The apprentice eventually becomes more powerful than the master and kills the master and takes his own apprentice. This goes on for thousands of years until the Sith are finally ready to reveal themselves and take over the universe (Darth Sidious and Darth Maul).

There is a plothole I have always wondered about: how do Yoda and Mace Windu know about the Rule of Two? The Sith were thought to be extinct before Bane creates the Rule of Two. Remember when Qui-gon tells the Jedi Council that he fought a Sith, and Mace Windu is all like "Impossible. The Sith have been extinct for a millennium." Also, one of Maul's few lines is "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." Yoda and Windu did not know about Bane, so how do they know the Rule of Two?
Old 02-13-07, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by taffer
Darth Vader's apprentice??

I hope the game lets you pick your race (one thing I really wished the KOTOR games would let you do). I want to be an Ewok Sith.

Yeah you know...Darth Cancerous.....The Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise
Old 02-13-07, 01:39 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
The next Star Wars game that I want to hear about, better include the Wii, its remote, and light saber duels.
I was stoked about the possibility, but after playing the Wii I'm not so sure it would be anything special.

It doesn't seem like the controller will be able to do full 1:1 movements (i.e) the lightsaber goes in the exact angle, height, speed etc. that you swing the Remote.

With the sensor bar just being an IR emitter and the controller just using that for pointing and accelerometers for motion it doesn't seem possible to get near that level of precision.

So at best you'll just be swinging it to make the character swing the light saber generically ala Zelda or Red Steel.
Old 02-13-07, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
I can't wait to hear the saber sound coming out of the wiimote.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.