DVD Talk
Anyone from San Diego? Looking for In-N-Out near Convention Center [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Anyone from San Diego? Looking for In-N-Out near Convention Center

bishop2knight
07-19-06, 10:31 AM
I'll be in San Diego this weekend at the convention center. But I have to find an In-N-Out Burger while I'm there. Anyone know where the closest one is located?

RunBandoRun
07-19-06, 10:34 AM
I've heard you can get a little in-and-out with the hookers in the alley across the street. :D

jhagler
07-19-06, 10:38 AM
I don't believe there are any In-and-Outs within walking distance of the Convention Center. Closest one I can think of would be in the Sports Arena area. It is located at 3102 Sports Arena Blvd. That is probably a 10 minute drive for the Convention Center.

Enjoy your Double-Double.

devilshalo
07-19-06, 10:40 AM
http://www.in-n-out.com/location_details.asp?refer=search&id=123&template=route&transaction=route&recordId=123&origAddress=&origCity=San%20Diego&origStateProvince=CA&origPostalCode=&destRecordId=123

McHawkson
07-19-06, 10:41 AM
In-N-Out Burger....mmmm..... :drool:

bishop2knight
07-19-06, 10:43 AM
I don't believe there are any In-and-Outs within walking distance of the Convention Center. Closest one I can think of would be in the Sports Arena area. It is located at 3102 Sports Arena Blvd. That is probably a 10 minute drive for the Convention Center.

Enjoy your Double-Double.

Crap! I wonder how close that is to my hotel. I'll have to find it. I hate to pay for cab rides all over the place. My hotel is 4 miles from the center already...

FunkDaddy J
07-19-06, 10:46 AM
When you go there, be sure you know all about the "secret menu."

http://www.zenlemur.com/innout.shtml

Personally, I get a regular Double-Double with grilled onions, animal-style fries, and a choco-vanila swirl shake.

Oh jesus I'm hungry.

Tracer Bullet
07-19-06, 12:31 PM
I'm planning on going to In-N-Out for the first time later this week. What does one get there?

leepyswetr
07-19-06, 12:37 PM
Double-double animal style
Neopolitan shake

McHawkson
07-19-06, 12:55 PM
I'm planning on going to In-N-Out for the first time later this week. What does one get there?
For <s>noobs</s> beginners, get double with grilled onion and cheese and fries (one size). :D

McHawkson
07-19-06, 12:58 PM
For In-N-Out Burger location, go to http://www.in-n-out.com/

:D

TomOpus
07-19-06, 01:02 PM
Yeah, as others have said, the closest one is Sports Arena. They really need one downtown.

sergtv
07-19-06, 02:47 PM
isn't there one in national city off the 5, probably less traffic than having to go to sport arena blvd.

TomOpus
07-19-06, 03:02 PM
The one in National City is 1 mile further but it's close to the freeway.

You can get to the Sports Arena one via regular streets... so you have traffic lights.

Maybe the National City location might be quicker rather than closer.

Giantrobo
07-19-06, 03:09 PM
Dammit!!! Now I gotta go get me one. :grunt: :lol:

Anyone have a listing of the "Custom" burgers styles? There's a short list on their site but I know I've seen another one with many more.

FunkDaddy J
07-19-06, 03:31 PM
Dammit!!! Now I gotta go get me one. :grunt: :lol:

Anyone have a listing of the "Custom" burgers styles? There's a short list on their site but I know I've seen another one with many more.

In my post up above, I give a link to a "secret menu" site. Anyone know of any others, with more varieties?

McHawkson
07-19-06, 03:42 PM
To find the secret menu, look in Google. ;)

Giantrobo
07-19-06, 03:45 PM
To find the secret menu, look in Google. ;)

Can you do it for me then post it? Hell, if I wanted to look on my own I never woulda asked. :lol::lol::lol:

bishop2knight
07-19-06, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a whole mess for me to find this thing.

McHawkson
07-19-06, 04:27 PM
Can you do it for me then post it? Hell, if I wanted to look on my own I never woulds asked. :lol::lol::lol:
:rolleyes: Slackers! -ptth-

http://www.tiburon-belvedere.com/cgi/home.cgi?c=In_N_Out
http://www.zenlemur.com/innout.shtml
http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/
http://www.in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp
Even Wikipedia posted the secret menu!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out

That wasn't hard to look in google! :lol:

TomOpus
07-19-06, 04:27 PM
Sounds like a whole mess for me to find this thing.It's either 4.5 miles to the north via street or 5.5 miles to the south via freeway.

How bad do you want a 4x4 animal style?

story
07-19-06, 05:08 PM
"He lives in North Hollywood on Radford, near the In-and-Out Burger."

bishop2knight
07-19-06, 05:09 PM
Hell, I'll just get in a cab and say, "yo, get me to a double double."

Max Bottomtime
07-19-06, 05:50 PM
Just order a 100X100 and you won't have to drive back so soon. :)
http://whatupwilly.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_whatupwilly_archive.html
Scroll to the middle of the page for pics

criptik28
07-19-06, 09:32 PM
How about the one near PB if you're heading back to La Jolla?

AudioWizard
07-19-06, 10:14 PM

I get the 2x4 animal style with extra crispy fries.

mndtrp
07-20-06, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I'll be heading by the Denver knockoff this weekend. I'll get a fake-but-almost-as-good burger Saturday.

illini420
07-20-06, 03:40 AM
Fries "well done" are key.

Went with a big group from school once and we ordered a 100x100, took awhile to make and it was a big mess, but fun.

Michael Ballack
07-20-06, 05:56 AM
Damn this thread! It's 4am here in Chicago and I want to fly to California for an In-N-Out Burger. :mad2:

dolphinboy
07-20-06, 08:51 AM
I don't eat fast food...haven't had it in several years, so I'm glad that the closest one is in Phoenix.

Because only In-and-Out could break me. When I moved out west, they were only in Cali, I think, and it's all that I heard about. "You have to go with us and get In-and-Out burger." Getting a t-shirt was a big deal to back then. Maybe to remind people where you came from that you had been so lucky.

Our first college roadtrip to LA and, I believe, we found one around Palm Springs. It was completely unbelievable. I had never had fast food so good in Michigan.

Canis Firebrand
07-20-06, 08:52 AM
Yes. No In-and-Out in MIchigan :(

No Sonics either, though we often see commercials for them here. Where is Michigans Sonic and In-and-Out love?

dolphinboy
07-20-06, 09:05 AM
Yes. No In-and-Out in MIchigan :(

No Sonics either, though we often see commercials for them here. Where is Michigans Sonic and In-and-Out love?

We do have Sonic in Tucson. I didn't really know that they had an in-and-out burger-like reputation.

Haven't eaten at Sonic since '93 or '94. I don't remember how good it was, but that it was a gigantic burger.

griz
07-20-06, 11:16 AM
How about the one near PB if you're heading back to La Jolla?

That's the one I always go to when I'm visiting SD, but it's kind of a pain to get to.

sinned
07-20-06, 12:11 PM
So if In-N-Out is so successful why hasn't an enterprising businessman brought a franchise to the east coast? This thread has made me crave for a good burger, at least we have a Hardee's nearby.

McHawkson
07-20-06, 12:19 PM
So if In-N-Out is so successful why hasn't an enterprising businessman brought a franchise to the east coast? This thread has made me crave for a good burger, at least we have a Hardee's nearby.
In-N-Out is strictly family business - no franchise.

Tracer Bullet
07-25-06, 02:54 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread to say I had my first In-N-Out burger in San Francisco. Everything I ever heard about that place is true. And unbelievably cheap!

TomOpus
07-25-06, 08:54 AM
I wonder if the OP ever ventured out to grab one?

McHawkson
07-25-06, 11:57 AM
Just wanted to bump this thread to say I had my first In-N-Out burger in San Francisco. Everything I ever heard about that place is true. And unbelievably cheap!

I'm glad you liked In-N-Out Burger. :D

FunkDaddy J
07-25-06, 12:34 PM
I wonder if the OP ever ventured out to grab one?

No! He failed! I can't believe this guy went to San Diego twice in the span of 2 weeks and failed to eat at In-n-Out Burger. WTF?

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with the world?

majorjoe23
07-25-06, 02:25 PM
I was in San Diego last week and went to In-N-Out twice. I also hit Fat Burger, and Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles in Hollywood.

leepyswetr
07-25-06, 03:11 PM
I was in San Diego last week and went to In-N-Out twice. I also hit Fat Burger, and Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles in Hollywood.How many visits to the ER were you able to squeeze in?
:hungry:

damn_skippy
07-25-06, 03:19 PM
what are you doing at the convention center this weekend. I will have a booth at the show there this weekend.

TomOpus
07-25-06, 08:31 PM
what are you doing at the convention center this weekend. I will have a booth at the show there this weekend.What show is going on this weekend?