Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Canadians: VERONICA MARS Season 2 on tonight...

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-18-06, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if SUN TV is available outside Ontario, because that channel will be airing season 2 episodes every Tuesday and Wednesday night at 8PM, beginning tonight, leading up to the eventual premiere of season 3.

My thanks to Lorenzo L for first alerting me to the great news regarding SUN TV airing season 3 in the fall.
Old 07-18-06, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Enjoy the show Nick. Hopefully, Sun TV will air all of Season 2 episodes before S3 premiere.

Season 2 was a little uneven for me but it still one of my favorite TV shows.
Old 07-18-06, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If this sci-fi?
Old 07-18-06, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Enjoy the show Nick. Hopefully, Sun TV will air all of Season 2 episodes before S3 premiere.

Season 2 was a little uneven for me but it still one of my favorite TV shows.

If SUN TV gets season 3 the same time or after CW airs it in October, with two episodes of season 2 per week, it should be a safe window of time.
Old 07-18-06, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by astrochimp
If this sci-fi?

Are you asking if Veronica Mars is Sci-fi? If so, it's not. However, it's one of the best shows currently on the air. My current favorite. The best dialogue and characters on network tv right now.
Old 07-18-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought maybe she lived on Mars I dont really watch many 'regular' type shows so i will probably pass of this one but thanks anyway
Old 07-18-06, 10:37 PM

Mars is the title character's last name, and the town the show takes place in is called Neptune.

Since you're passing in this show, I'll say this:

Your loss.

BIG loss.
Old 07-19-06, 02:10 AM
Suspended

I thought maybe she lived on Mars I dont really watch many 'regular' type shows so i will probably pass of this one but thanks anyway

I definitely wouldn't call this show a "regular" show. It's pretty different than a lot of the stuff out there.

If you are someone who likes Buffy or Angel at all you have to watch Veronica Mars. Period.

Yep. I see you own the Buffy seasons. Run, don't walk, to get Veronica Mars astrochimp. BTW, the fact that you also own Firefly, Alias & Freaks & Geeks (all of which I also own, along with Buffy) makes you a prime candidate for VM. Do yourself a favor and pick it up. Buffyesque dialogue. Willow and Cordelia have pretty good sized roles on Veronica Mars and Joss Whedon (who called it the "Best Show Ever") even made a guest appearnce.

Last edited by Slayer2005; 07-19-06 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-19-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just picked up VM season one as a blind buy and have been loving it! I've got a pre-order in for the second season, so I should be caught up by the time S3 airs.

If you're on the fence about this show, pick it up! I regret not watching it when it first aired.
Old 07-19-06, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I live in Toronto and I've never even heard of Sun TV.

This is a new affiliate? I haven't heard anything from my cable provider and I've seen no advertising for it anywhere.
Old 07-19-06, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by wergo
I live in Toronto and I've never even heard of Sun TV.

This is a new affiliate? I haven't heard anything from my cable provider and I've seen no advertising for it anywhere.
This is channel 15 under Rogers Digital Cable.
Old 07-19-06, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
This is channel 15 under Rogers Digital Cable.
Which used to be called "Toronto 1"
Old 07-19-06, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Slayer2005
I definitely wouldn't call this show a "regular" show. It's pretty different than a lot of the stuff out there.

If you are someone who likes Buffy or Angel at all you have to watch Veronica Mars. Period.

Yep. I see you own the Buffy seasons. Run, don't walk, to get Veronica Mars astrochimp. BTW, the fact that you also own Firefly, Alias & Freaks & Geeks (all of which I also own, along with Buffy) makes you a prime candidate for VM. Do yourself a favor and pick it up. Buffyesque dialogue. Willow and Cordelia have pretty good sized roles on Veronica Mars and Joss Whedon (who called it the "Best Show Ever") even made a guest appearnce.
Your a good salesperson Slayer.I will give it a try
Old 07-19-06, 06:42 PM

Plus, last night's ep feaured former Cordelia Chase herself, Charisma Carpenter, in all her natural glory, or near enough anyway...now normally I don't care about that sort of thing, but gawd damn what a vision...
Old 07-19-06, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Plus, last night's ep feaured former Cordelia Chase herself, Charisma Carpenter, in all her natural glory, or near enough anyway...now normally I don't care about that sort of thing, but gawd damn what a vision...
I guess last night woulda been a good time to start.Oh well,i'll try to remember next week and of course theres always dvd.
Old 07-19-06, 07:10 PM

An excellent website devoted to the series can be found here:

http://www.marsinvestigations.net/index.php

It actually configures the site to avoid spoilers based on the last episode you have seen, by choosing it in the upper right-hand corner, so you can learn about what goes on spoiler free!

Tonight's features Kevin Smith in a guest role...as a store clerk

Last edited by Nick Martin; 07-19-06 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-20-06, 04:00 AM
Suspended

Your a good salesperson Slayer.I will give it a try

Thanks. Report back when you start getting through it. You should be hooked by the end of the first season (probably way before then actually. Plenty are hooked by the pilot but give it time to grow). Great season long mysteries and superb characters.

Since I became a Buffy fan I thought only SMG could've done the role justice, but I think Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) could've played the role just as well. She's like a Buffy/Chloe (from Smallville. I heard she tried out for the role too.) combination. Sometimes she reminds me of Chloe and sometimes she'll deliver dialogue or do certain manneurisms that are so much like SMG on Buffy that it's kinda freaky.
Old 07-20-06, 12:55 PM

Sometimes she reminds me of Chloe and sometimes she'll deliver dialogue or do certain manneurisms that are so much like SMG on Buffy that it's kinda freaky.
Are you comparing Veronica to Buffy?

EWWW!

Why insult Veronica like that?

If I found that level of similarity between them, I would not watch Veronica Mars.

And so we're clear, I meant character, not show.
Old 07-20-06, 05:43 PM
Suspended

Are you comparing Veronica to Buffy?

EWWW!

Why insult Veronica like that?

If I found that level of similarity between them, I would not watch Veronica Mars.

And so we're clear, I meant character, not show.
Yes, I am comparing them. There ARE times (not always of course) when she delivers lines of dialogue with manneurisms so similar to SMG on Buffy (probably early Buffy) that it feels like watching an alternate universe version of the character. There was one specific scene, which I can't recall now, that felt so much like watching the Buffy (the character) even my best friend noticed it. lol.

Still, Veronica is also a lot different then Buffy too. I feel she's like a Chloe/Buffy hybrid with a healthy amount of her own style too, of course.
Old 07-20-06, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I guess last night woulda been a good time to start.Oh well,i'll try to remember next week and of course theres always dvd.
You should definitely start with season one if at all possible.
Old 07-20-06, 07:43 PM

Yes, I am comparing them. There ARE times (not always of course) when she delivers lines of dialogue with manneurisms so similar to SMG on Buffy (probably early Buffy) that it feels like watching an alternate universe version of the character. There was one specific scene, which I can't recall now, that felt so much like watching the Buffy (the character) even my best friend noticed it. lol.

If Buffy were anything like Veronica, I'd be one of that character's biggest fans. I just don't see the comparison here. It's all a matter of opinion and the way we see things.
Old 07-20-06, 08:39 PM
Suspended

If Buffy were anything like Veronica, I'd be one of that character's biggest fans. I just don't see the comparison here. It's all a matter of opinion and the way we see things.
Well, IMO, characters can be both very similar and yet very different at the same time. I don't always see SMG's Buffy in VM, just occassionally. The style of dilogue is very similar though and that's part of the reason why so many Buffy fans (of the show and/or charater) are fans of Veronica Mars.
Old 07-21-06, 12:21 AM

great show
Old 07-23-06, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. Report back when you start getting through it. You should be hooked by the end of the first season (probably way before then actually. Plenty are hooked by the pilot but give it time to grow).
The pilot got me
Old 07-24-06, 12:55 AM
Suspended

The pilot got me
Awesome. I thought it might. However, you ain't seen nothing yet.