Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Legion of Superheroes

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-06, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legion of Superheroes

Anybody saw the trailer of the upcoming Legion of Superheroes animated series from WB. They showed it last Saturday during The Batman tv series. I believe the series is gonna start sometime in Sept.

Have to say I'm kinda disappointed though. Rather than a show comparable to Justice League, its more geared towards kids, with the animation closely resembling Teen Titans. I guess their target audience are kids, so as to sell kiddie merchandise. Its a pity though JLU had to end. Don't they realize adults do follow quality animated series, too.

Anyone else any other related news?
Old 07-17-06, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what if adults follow animated series? So do kids. Why shouldn't there be a kids version of this?

And why would you think that Teen Titans was just for kids? The shame.
Old 07-18-06, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
I didn't like the sneak peek either. I didn't like it because I've never been a fan of the LEGION and I'VE ALWAYS HATED SUPERBOY. I especially hate him after the events in the DCU over the last year.

I don't mind shows geared towards kids and I LOVED Teen Titans look and feel; but I did get the vibe that this new show was geared towards even younger kids in terms of the artistic styling and the dialogue. Hey, I'll give it a chance because it's a Superhero show but who knows...

Last edited by Giantrobo; 07-18-06 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-18-06, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting choice for a series though. I don't think the Legion is really big enough that the non-comic fan has even heard of them.
Old 07-18-06, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Chew
Interesting choice for a series though. I don't think the Legion is really big enough that the non-comic fan has even heard of them.
Agreed.

I missed the sneek-peek, but found this one-sheet at Wikipedia:

Old 07-18-06, 10:32 AM

What the hell's going on with Brainiac 5? Is he now the hellish drop of Brainiac and Chameleon? Gag.
Old 07-18-06, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Does anyone know exactly why Justice League Unlimited was cancelled? My 2 1/2 year old LOVES it - he's always asking to watch "super heroes" and I pray that the Tivo grabbed something

I guess I don't see why this show is going to be appealing and JLU wasn't. Just the art style?
Old 07-18-06, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by Chew
That's why they have Superboy!

Even though both series were pretty big in the 80's, I'm sure most kid had never heard of the teen titans, especially cyborg, beast boy/changeling, starfire and raven. Robin was the familiar character that brought the kids in, even though they never really tied it back in with Batman.

I'm a huge Legion fan, so I'm excited. I do wish JLU would have continued, or that they could have used Supergirl and the Legion that was in that JLU episode, but what can you do?
Old 07-18-06, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig

I'm a huge Legion fan, so I'm excited. I do wish JLU would have continued, or that they could have used Supergirl and the Legion that was in that JLU episode, but what can you do?
I know, I had heard rumors of the new show, and thought that ep of JLU was going to be the intro. While Teen Titans is enjoyable in small doses, it's nothing compared to JLU. I'll give it a watch, but I'm not excited.
Old 07-18-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Coming this fall to Kid's WB? So are they keeping the Kids WB thing going even though it's going to be CW?
Old 07-18-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun07
Coming this fall to Kid's WB? So are they keeping the Kids WB thing going even though it's going to be CW?
Yes--in fact, the Kids WB name is being retained when it moves to the new network.
Old 07-19-06, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Draven
Does anyone know exactly why Justice League Unlimited was cancelled?
Creators of the show decided to end it. Timm (one of the creators) said doing the show and coming up with new story lines was exhausting and they wanted the show to end while it was still good rather than let it continue and the quality begin to suffer.
Old 07-19-06, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally Posted by Thrush
Creators of the show decided to end it. Timm (one of the creators) said doing the show and coming up with new story lines was exhausting and they wanted the show to end while it was still good rather than let it continue and the quality begin to suffer.
Ah - well, fair enough I supposed. It was fun while it lasted
Old 07-19-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts
looks more llike what wb did to the loony tunes with lunatics.
Old 07-20-06, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder what happened to change Superboy being in the Legion instead of Supergirl. Maybe since it isn't going to be a bridge between JLU and this show?

I'm all for these kinds of shows. JLU/STAS/BTAS/BB were all incredible and all ages entertainment, but it's fine for a show to aim younger. Maybe watching shows like this and Teen Titans will bring a few kids into the comic shop. God knows they're needed. BTAS after all got me into comics.
Old 07-20-06, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe since Superboy is much more "classically" attached to the Legion (pre-Crisis)?

But, yeah, it would've been cooler to have that JLU connection.