Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Closer 7/10/06

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-06, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
The Closer 7/10/06

My wife and I love this series, but what was up with last night's episode? Two of Brenda's detectives make a way bad decision, and she works around the system to hold Taylor off, and even gets the FBI involved to cover things. Although entertaining, this was the hokiest ep so far. Still, Flynn and Provenzo are gonna pay big time to the rest of the team.
Old 07-11-06, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That was shrill. ugh...
Old 07-11-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by N2DVD
My wife and I love this series, but what was up with last night's episode? Two of Brenda's detectives make a way bad decision, and she works around the system to hold Taylor off, and even gets the FBI involved to cover things. Although entertaining, this was the hokiest ep so far. Still, Flynn and Provenzo are gonna pay big time to the rest of the team.
I didn't think it was hokey at all. She was covering her ass. Should she have admitted to Pope that she had no idea what he was talking about, she'd have been in similar trouble (since that sort of business is what she was brought in to the department to fix). Additionally, it was interesting to see how well she could manipulate even a pissed off police chief so adeptly without knowing ANYTHING about the scenario.

While Flynn and Provenzo will pay for their stupidity, they will be doing so with their loyalty to Johnson. While risky, Brenda certainly made much bigger strides with earning her department's respect with the way she handled this scenario than she EVER had in the past.

I really liked how the opening credits went up and down with the garage door opening and closing.