Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BB Reward Zone 12% coupon no good for dvds?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-06, 01:23 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last week I got my letter from Best Buy stating the changes to the Reward Zone program. They also gave a 12% off coupon for a single item. Today I tried to purchase a $20 dvd and was told by the typicle young yuppie that the coupon was NOT good for dvd's. WTF? That's all I ever buy at Worst Buy and I can't use the coupon for one dvd? The only mention of dvds on the little print is that NEW dvd's were excluded, nothing about regular price dvd's. Has anyone been able to use the 12% coupon for dvd's? God I am really hating Best Buy these days..
Old 07-09-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always call for a manager in these instances.

I'd have to see the wording of the coupon but if the fine print states not for use on New Release DVDs or DVDs lower than $19.99, then you are probably out of luck.
Old 07-09-06, 02:57 PM
Suspended

I was so disguisted with Best Buy I had the yuppie throw the coupon right in the garbage. They did not list dvd's as being one of the accepted items. The only mention was that new release dvd's were not allowed. Maybe I was at fault but they made no mention either way if dvd's were allowed. I just 'assumed' I was able to buy one single item of my choice, I was wrong. Best Buy sucks, that's the bottom line.
Old 07-09-06, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I tried to use it for a DVD, or headphones, neither of which were allowed. It has to specifically list the item at the bottom as something the coupon is good for. I ended up using it on printer ink, which I'll return because it's much cheaper elsewhere even with the 12% off. I had just wanted to screw BB out of the 12%. I'll be heading back next week to return the unopened ink.
Old 07-09-06, 09:24 PM

Yup, had the sme thing happen and it was at the Customer Service Desk. They guy tried to use it, scanned it and noticed that it came up with $0.00 discount, read it and said that it can not be used for DVDs. So the computer even rejected it too. I kept mine since it is good until July 23, so who knows. I do need a shredder, maybe it will work for that.
Old 07-10-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got refused too. Best Buy is quickly becoming my most hated retailer - they're almost worse than CompUSA at this point...
Old 07-11-06, 04:13 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
I got refused too. Best Buy is quickly becoming my most hated retailer - they're almost worse than CompUSA at this point...
Same here, I am getting a very nasty attitude with Best Buy these days, the blueshirts better think twice before they approach me, it could be a loud discussion!
Old 07-11-06, 05:41 AM

Doeman,
Do you do anything other than complain..Between DDD and Best Buy all your
post are nothing but complaining about something..
DG
Old 07-11-06, 01:32 PM

so has anyone found something worth using their coupon on?
Old 07-11-06, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by disneyguy
Doeman,
DG
LOL You're right. And he always fantasizes about how tough he will get.

OP, I have this same coupon and it's your fault for not reading the coupon. The coupon clearly states what it can be applied on. It's your fault for not reading it.

However, I do agree that Best Buy is really becoming worse with prices and deals. I shop there less now because there are much, much better deals to be had elsewhere. Even Circuit City has gotten a lot better than Best Buy with its deals.
Old 07-11-06, 06:01 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by disneyguy
Doeman,
DG
I only complain about those 2 stores. Walmart seems to be the best these days. Circuit City is not bad, alot less pressure from the red shirts than the BB blue shirts. DDD...forget it, they are a lost cause...
Old 07-12-06, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by forumsmy
Yup, had the sme thing happen and it was at the Customer Service Desk. They guy tried to use it, scanned it and noticed that it came up with $0.00 discount, read it and said that it can not be used for DVDs. So the computer even rejected it too. I kept mine since it is good until July 23, so who knows. I do need a shredder, maybe it will work for that.
I bought a Toshiba HD-A1 with my coupon. It came up with $0.00 discount. The salesguy said that it only pulls ups percent discount (default zero) that need to be over-ridden with whatever amount is on the coupon.