Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fast Inc - Anyone watching this show?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast Inc - Anyone watching this show?

Just curious if anyone is watching the MTV show Fast Inc. For some reason, I really enjoy it. In fact it is one of the few MTV shows I have ever DVRd.
Old 07-10-06, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I've watched a few episodes. I always try to catch this, Run's House and Fresh Meat whenever possible. Fresh Meat is great unintentional comdey and a great way to make me feel good about my life. Run's House is just hilarious and Fast Inc. is surprisingly good for an MTV reality show. I think a lot of car guys/girls would enjoy it. Theres also a lot of 'guy' humor on the show.
Old 07-10-06, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to my DVR, I've seen every episode. It's not really exciting, but it's a better way to spend 24 minutes than channel surfing. They promise whatever people want, and if they can't get it, they show up and tell them they couldn't find it. Two model Ts? Yeah, no problem. They find a car and don't really go into checking out how it runs, they just hand over the keys and get paid. They don't really do anything. That whole thing with Bow Wow was obviously set up and paid for by the movie company, he looked like he didn't care at all about being there.

Tater is pretty funny, especially when he goes to Compton.

I wish they'd go into how much they spend and sell for. The old car for J-Love Hewitt had to be cheap, it'd be nice to see what she paid for their "services". But I couldn't believe they paid $15k for that puke green Mini! How hard is it have someone @ the DMV on their payroll? Make a phone call, get a list, and find the car from their office. Driving around looking for cars like they do in 2006 is retarded.

It's funny how they talked to Tommy Chong and didn't tell the painter a single thing about what he wanted, and then told the camera they hoped he'd come through and Tommy would like it. That was a disaster waiting to happen, he can't know what the customer wants if they don't tell him. I really think Tommy was stupified that that cookie cutter paint job was what this "master" did. Who cares if the pinstriping is nice and straight, that paint job was boring.

I'd expect this to be on Spike TV, not MTV.