Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 Season 3- Chloe- Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 Season 3- Chloe- Spoilers

I just finished the episode where Jack kills Chappelle. Pretty intense. It has been a good season so far. It is not as good as 1 and 2, but still good. My biggest complaint so far is the character of Chloe. She is just awful and annoying. The actress has got to be the worst actress on tv. She might fit in fine on Saved by the Bell, but not a drama like 24. And what the hell is up with the baby, who the hell cares that Chase has a baby. I looked it up on IMDB and saw that Chloe sticks around through seasons 4 and 5. Does she get better? I want to straggle her everytime she is on screen right now.

This has got to be the best "hook" show ever. Meaning when you finish an episode, there is always that major hook that keeps you watching. I think my wife and I watched the last 8 hours of season 2 in one sitting! Watching season 6 this winter on network tv is going to be tough.
Old 07-06-06, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She does get less annoying, IMO. I had the same reaction you did. I couldnt stand her. Some people love her, though.
Old 07-06-06, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I didn't care for her when she first started. She has grown on me though.
I like her character now.
Old 07-06-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Most people like Chloe.
Old 07-06-06, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
She's so annoying that it makes her kind of sexy in a weird way. The snotty attitude, the facial ticks, the pouting, add it all up and I get wood.
Old 07-06-06, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

She's arguably one of the top 2 most popular characters on the show these days, so yeah the writing for her does improve.
Old 07-06-06, 12:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
She either gets less annoying, or you warm up to her. I don't know which happens, but it does get better.
Old 07-06-06, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
She's so annoying that it makes her kind of sexy in a weird way. The snotty attitude, the facial ticks, the pouting, add it all up and I get wood.
Yeah, until she taps you with her taser, anyway.
Old 07-06-06, 12:18 PM
Banned

She's annoying as hell, but that's why they brought in Edgar Stiles -- to make Chloe look like a normal person by comparison.
Old 07-06-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
She's arguably one of the top 2 most popular characters on the show these days, so yeah the writing for her does improve.
No doubt...it took a season or two to refine the character. But Chloe is now a fan favorite. The show wouldn't be the same without her.
Old 07-06-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz
Most people like Chloe.
Not during season 3. Dig up some of those threads.

I don't think it is so much everyone started liking her when the writing got better, it is more or less
Spoiler:
she becomes the only link to to previous seasons when they start killing off EVERY fucking character
Old 07-06-06, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So... tempted... to read... spoiler. Must... resist!
Old 07-06-06, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

glad to hear she gets better. I will probably finish season 3 tonight and start season 4 over the weekend.
Old 07-06-06, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I really didn't like Chloe in Season 3, but that changed with Season 4. I think part of it had to do with the fact that
Spoiler:
she was the only character aside from Jack from any of the previous seasons who was there at the start. Tony, Michelle, and Palmer would all return later on, but for a while, she was the only link. Now with the 3 afore mentioned characters dead, she's pretty much the only one aside from Jack I care about these days. Buchanan is alright in my book too.
Old 07-06-06, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
I didn't care for her much in seasons 3 or 4, but I was a fan throughout season 5.

Spoiler:
I actually like most of the new characters that survived S5. Though, her plotline in S3 is what ruined her first and foremost, she was a terrible character at first. S4 mitigated some of that, and S5 saw her as a complete team player.
Old 07-06-06, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I could never understand why some people consider her "the worst actress." Folks - she's SUPPOSED to be annoying. That's her character. If she is succeeding at annoying you, I would say she's actually a "great actress."

I'm no doubt in the minority, but I've loved her from the beginning. There's a "Chloe" in every office, but you rarely see one on TV. I thought it was interesting to have a character like her's on the show which I could relate to. I think more people now realize she's hillarious, but I guess I always sort of got the joke.
Old 07-06-06, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't really think Chloe has changed. I think we have just fallen in love with her character..not sure.

I think the Edgar stiles interaction was a big reason we liked it?
Old 07-06-06, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rennervision
I could never understand why some people consider her "the worst actress." Folks - she's SUPPOSED to be annoying. That's her character. If she is succeeding at annoying you, I would say she's actually a "great actress."

I'm no doubt in the minority, but I've loved her from the beginning. There's a "Chloe" in every office, but you rarely see one on TV. I thought it was interesting to have a character like her's on the show which I could relate to. I think more people now realize she's hillarious, but I guess I always sort of got the joke.
That's exactly what I first thought when I first saw Chloe on 24.

I wish I could find pic from "Road Trip" where Mary (Chloe) gave the finger at Seann. It was hillarious!
Old 07-06-06, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

She's supposed to be a biatch, but it grows on you. When someone has to start standing up to bullcrap CTU politics and she answers the call, it's great!
Old 07-06-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rennervision
There's a "Chloe" in every office, but you rarely see one on TV. I thought it was interesting to have a character like her's on the show which I could relate to. I think more people now realize she's hillarious, but I guess I always sort of got the joke.
That's why I love her. She's as social misfit, but she's our social misfit. Mary Lynn Rajskub is hilarious!!
Old 07-06-06, 02:31 PM

Another reason why she became even more popular in Seasons 4 and 5 was that she and Jack became close allies in CTU. With all the backstabbing and bickering and betrayals that go on in that place, fans liked seeing someone always having Jack's back(and vice versa).

And let's not forget that image of her at 2 AM in Season 4.
Old 07-06-06, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Mary Lynn Rajskub is hilarious!!
I agree, she's the most socially akward comedian I've ever seen.
Old 07-06-06, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is the general consesus on the best seasons of 24? I know not everyone will agree, but, if you take Buffy for example, the general consesus (I think ) is 3, 2, 5, 1, 7, 4, 6. Right now I would rank them 1, 2, 3. Remember, I have not seen the end of 3 or seasons 4 or 5, so please remember to black out spoilers.
Old 07-06-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bcolon
So... tempted... to read... spoiler. Must... resist!
Don't do it. It's a major spoiler for season 5.
Old 07-06-06, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
I started watching season 1 around the time season 4 was airing on TV. I'm now up to the point where I'm watching season 5 during its summer rerun. It'll be great to finally be caught up and read threads on season 6 in "real time."

I would also like to know how others feel the previous seasons compare. I know a lot of people hold season 1 in high regards. I don't agree. I feel it's basically the same story repeated twice during the course of the day.

I thought season 2 did a better job of "rebooting" the plot so to speak.

Season 3 had some pretty outlandish moments that make it hard for me to suspend my disbelief. Jack sure does a lot of psycho things that I assume we are supposed to accept because the end justifies the means - but I think in reality he would have ended up in prison.

Season 4 has been my least favorite. It was all over the place with huge plotholes, lazy writing, and a terrorist plot so multilayered I guess I'm supposed to believe they had a plan A, B, C, D, E, and F! I will say the season does pick up, however, and pretty much redeems itself toward the end.

So I guess, for me, it would be, from best to least favorite: 2, 3, 1, and 4. I'm also absolutely loving what I've seen so far of 5.

Take my opinion for what it's worth. You ranked Buffy season 7 above 4 and 6. I absolutely HATE season 7 and consider all the other ones far superior to it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.