Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Where to buy Console-->PC USB controller adapters?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a pair of adapters to connect either my PS2, N64 or SNES controllers to my PC via the USB port. These adapters from Liksang.com run just under $10 apiece (shipping unknown) and look to be pretty reliable. Are there better deals available (even at B&M stores) or should I just go with those ones?
Old 07-05-06, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
I've never seen these at any local stores. I'd say liksang or playasia would be your best bet.
Old 07-05-06, 10:20 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got an adapter from Radio Shack that allows you to use your PS2 controller with your PC via USB. I have used it a few times and it seems to work well. I think it cost around ten bucks.
Old 07-05-06, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I picked up a gamecube one off ebay(around $5) for my Mac. It worked with some things and not others(roms). Oh well, the VC on the Wii will satiate my desire for the old school titles.
Old 07-05-06, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thanks for the help so far, guys. It'd be interesting to connect the Gamecube controller as well---I'm not a big fan of the button layout, but using the Wavebird would be pretty darn cool.

Any other suggestions?
Old 07-05-06, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought a PS2 one off of eBay a couple of years ago, and never had a problem with it. Still works great to this day
Old 07-05-06, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was thinking about getting one of these too because I recently bought DDR Extreme 2 that comes with a dance pad. I'd like to connect it to the computer but I was wondering if there is any sort of "delay" in the button pressing that would affect a game like DDR?
Old 07-05-06, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got one for PS2 controller off ebay. I bought a different one for my girlfriend at Fry's.
Old 07-06-06, 05:42 PM

I don't know if you want to spend money on a new controller, but the regular Xbox 360 controller, not the wireless one, can be used with a regular computer. All you need to do is download the drivers from the microsft webpage and you're set to go.

I wanted a decent controller for my pc games and I bought a 360 controller and use it and I don't even own a 360.
Old 07-07-06, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
Thanks for the help so far, guys. It'd be interesting to connect the Gamecube controller as well---I'm not a big fan of the button layout, but using the Wavebird would be pretty darn cool.

Any other suggestions?
Be warned, my understanding is that none of these USB adapters work with wireless controllers. Dunno why. Someone can correct me if wrong, but last time I did research on it (earlier this year), none of them worked properly with any variant of wireless.

NES 4-score USB - $66 http://www.retrousb.com/nintendo.html - use 4 NES controllers! Always wanted one of those.

SNES pad USB - $32 http://www.retrousb.com/supernintendo.html

You're better off with the adapters, of course, like liksang carries. These are cool, though, especially the 4-score.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 07-07-06 at 11:35 PM.