Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

LAMB OF GOD: Sacrament -8/22/06

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Sacrament from Lamb of God will release from Epic Records on August 22
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mon Jun.12, 2006
Redneck TV
LAMB OF GOD have completed filming of a music video for the song 'Redneck' off of the highly anticipated full length 'Sacrament' due August 22 on Epic Records.

The band filmed outside of Los Angeles, California with director Bill Fishman (The Ramones, Suicidal Tendencies, Hank Williams Jr.) who commented:
"Working with LOG on this was like kissing the lips of God! I was terrified and excited at the same time. I love these guys and I dig their music - which is a big plus."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tue Apr.25, 2006
Sacrament
LAMB OF GOD have set "Sacrament" as the title of their highly anticipated album release, due late Summer 2006 via Epic Records.

The group has been unusually tight lipped about the new recording, turning down all but a select few in-studio and pre-studio interviews. No listening sessions, demo recordings or audio samples have been granted or released.

News from March 2nd notes that the band had once again tapped friend and producer Machine (‘Ashes of the Wake’) to handle the production duties for “Sacrament”.

At that time drummer Chris Adler had the following to say:
“Everyone wants to know what the new material is like or have us compare it to something. It’s tough to do because when your proud of something you want to say it’s better than something else or that it’s more of this or that. I don’t want to do that – every LAMB OF GOD album has been a snapshot in time, a puzzle that spelled out who we are as individual musicians and as a band. They each represent a certain amount of experience and ability – and without saying more, we now have more of both of those than ever. We have continued to raise the bar for ourselves in every aspect of what we do, and we are expecting more of ourselves than ever heading into this. We’re looking forward to tracking and releasing this intense and very heavy release.”

News surfaced that as of April 11th drummer Chris Adler had finished tracking drums at Spin Recording studios in Long Island City, New York.

All interviews with Chris and his brother Willie Adler were cancelled during the drum tracking session and several more have been cancelled as the band continues tracking guitars and vocals in Richmond, VA.

In the most recent news from the camp guitarist Mark Morton had the following comments on the recording and the material:
"There's an intensity to this project that feels heavier than previous records. The vibe around the sessions has been serious. Not in a conflict sort of way, just more focused and driven than ever before. We know we're onto something. I've done very few interviews over the course of these sessions and everybody wants to know titles and track listings and details like that, but we're not coming off of that kind of stuff just yet. It's too early. This record's way too important to us to allow anyone in until the five of us are in agreement that it's exactly how we want it. It's definitely not a casual approach this time around. We really want this album to have an impact....it feels like it will."
Thu Mar.02, 2006
2006, Year of the Lamb
After headlining the 'Sounds of the Underground' 2005 Touring Festival ending in August 2005, LAMB OF GOD bunkered down in their hometown of Richmond Virginia to begin the writing process on the follow-up to the bands 2004’s release ‘Ashes of the Wake.’

“We’ve taken this process very seriously,” notes drummer Chris Adler. “We have been spending 5 or 6 days a week and 6-8 hours a day writing. It’s a very intense and productive process that has paid off in a very big way.”

Following several months of writing, the band took a break in December 2005 to headline a successful European run.

“Initially we didn’t want to do it because we thought it would interrupt the writing process and leave us, yet again, with less time than we wanted to write the album. In fact, this was the best thing we could have done. Not only were the shows bigger than we anticipated and extremely refreshing after being locked up in our smoky rehearsal hole – but it gave us an opportunity to step away from the material, let it sink in a bit, and return to attack it with a renewed vision and inspiration. This is something we’ve never had the luxury of doing and it has made a very positive difference.”

The band has tapped friend and producer of ‘Ashes of the Wake’ Machine to handle the production duties for the upcoming effort. Pre-production is scheduled to begin in Richmond on March 13.

“Everyone wants to know what the new material is like or have us compare it to something. It’s tough to do because when your proud of something you want to say it’s better than something else or that it’s more of this or that. I don’t want to do that – every LAMB OF GOD CD has been a snapshot in time, a puzzle that spelled out who we are as individual musicians and as a band. They each represent a certain amount of experience and ability – and without saying more, we now have more of both of those than ever. We have continued to raise the bar for ourselves in every aspect of what we do, and we are expecting more of ourselves than ever heading into this. We’re looking forward to tracking and releasing this intense and very heavy release.”

The as of yet untitled release is tentatively expected to be released though the bands label Epic Records in late August of 2006.
The band has also confirmed touring plans both before and after the release. These will be announced shortly.

LAMB-OF-GOD.com
Old 07-25-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sacrament tracklist finalized:

01 - Walk With Me In Hell
02 - Again We Rise
03 - Redneck
04 - Pathetic
05 - Foot To The Throat
06 - Descending
07 - Blacken The Cursed Sun
08 - Forgotten (Lost Angels)
09 - Requiem
10 - More Time To Kill
11 - Beating On Death's Door

LAMB-OF-GOD.com
Old 07-25-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sacrament Fanpack

Fanpack includes:
Sacrament Deluxe Edition (CD with DVD)
Lamb of God T-Shirt
Free download of the single "Redneck"

DVD Running time is approximately 90 minutes and includes "The Making of Sacrament" - documenting the past year in the life of Lamb of God, encompassing the writing and recording process- guitar riff to mastered song - with in the studio, making the "Redneck" video and downtime with each band member. Plus 2 different "Redneck" videos.

more info: http://www.lambofgod.tv/store/teaser.html
Old 07-25-06, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice just ordered the fanpack. Saw them with Slipknot last year and Slayer last month!
Old 07-25-06, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kmcrowl
Saw them with Slipknot last year and Slayer last month!
... not me, they were banned from playing at THE FORUM on the Slipknot tour . Didn't care 'bout any other bands but them in the Slayer tour, so I didn't go... and will miss them on GIGANTOUR with Megadeth, they're not playing around here . I will see them one day!!!

Last edited by gerrythedon; 07-25-06 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-25-06, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've met the drummer a few times. Very nice guy. His double bass is quite impressive. I'll definately be checking this out.
Old 08-14-06, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

International release dates are as follows:

Canada August 22nd
Japan August 23rd
Australia/NZ August 19th
UK/Europe October 2nd
Germany October 13th
Old 08-14-06, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

CD AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS:

Tuesday, August 22 @ Noon
Looney Tunes
31 Brookvale Ave
West Babylon, NY 11704
looneytunescds.com

Tuesday, August 22 @ 7 PM
Vintage Vinyl
51 Lafayette Rd.
Fords, NJ 08863
vvinyl.com

Friday, August 25 @ 7 PM
Plan 9 Music
3012 W Cary St.
Richmond, VA 23221
plan9music.com

LAMB OF GOD will be signing copies of their new album, SACRAMENT. See each store’s website for more info on how to get into these events.
Old 08-22-06, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is the deluxe version with the dvd worth getting? Usually they're not but from a spot i saw on headbangers ball apparently its a 90 min doc on the making of the album which sounds good on paper at least.
Old 08-22-06, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Is the deluxe version with the dvd worth getting? Usually they're not but from a spot i saw on headbangers ball apparently its a 90 min doc on the making of the album which sounds good on paper at least.
I got it. I think is worth it. It was only $5 more, and I was satisfied with the doc. Also it came with a 3 track live cd [Best Buy exclusive]

...listening to the album at this moment [first time], I'm on track 7.
Old 08-23-06, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I'll be alone on this, but I find this album to be a major stinker. Many of the songs sound like the same basic rhythm repeated over and over. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of creativity here. It almost sounds like some generic metalcore band rather than vintage Lamb of God. I loved New American Gospel & As the Palace Burns, and I thought Ashes was a solid album although a step down in quality for the band. Now it feels as if they are just phoning it in.

It's one of those albums that for a few minutes sounds pretty good but begins to seem bland, tiresome and redundant at about the halfway point. I listened to the album 4 times hoping it might catch on, but I liked it less with each listen.
The following users liked this post:
miller_time22 (03-15-20)
Old 08-23-06, 03:39 AM

Personally I haven't listened to my copy yet. It arrived earlier the week along with the new Threat Signal disc.
If anyone is interested we are giving away copies of both over at Metal Rules.

http://www.metal-rules.com/contests/index.php?page=lamb

Hope the mods don't mind the above link. If so please remove it.
Cheers
b.
Old 08-30-06, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lamb Of God's Epic set "Sacrament" bows at No. 8 with 63,000, earning the hard rock group its best chart position and sales week ever. Its last set, 2004's "Ashes of the Wake," debuted and peaked at No. 27 with 35,000.

BILLBOARD.com
Old 08-30-06, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
While I don't care for the album, it's awesome to see Heavy Metal albums are starting to sell well again. I think Slayer's latest debuted at #5 and is still in the top 50. I would imagine that in a few weeks Iron Maiden should be hitting the Top 10
Old 12-14-06, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Grammy Nomination

LAMB OF GOD has received a Grammy nomination in the "Best Metal Performance" category for the song "Redneck", from their acclaimed album "Sacrament".

Drummer Chris Adler comments: "Grammy nomination? Is someone still trying to make up for that whole JETHRO TULL thing?

In all seriousness and regardless of the outcome, we as LAMB OF GOD are overwhelmingly flattered to be recognized. It's truly hard to believe that we have come as far as we have, even harder to believe that we now share in the short list of some of the best in the business — and the historical company of some of the world's greatest bands.

This nomination is bigger than our band; it is a tribute to our friends and fans whose undying and intense support has helped LAMB OF GOD become recognized in this way. Together, we are helping to create a new and heavier musical landscape for the future. No matter what the outcome may be, this is a very good sign for metal and as a fan I look forward to more doors like these continuing to open to the greatest music in the world — heavy fucking metal!!!"

The 49th annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live on CBS from Los Angeles' Staples Center on Sunday, February 11, 2007. The nominees in the "Hard Rock" and "Metal" categories are as follows:
Best Metal Performance:

LAMB OF GOD - "Redneck"
MASTODON - "Colony Of Birchmen"
MINISTRY - "Lies, Lies, Lies"
SLAYER - "Eyes Of The Insane"
STONE SOUR - "30/30-150"

LAMB-OF-GOD.com
Old 12-15-06, 09:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
Grammy Nomination

LAMB OF GOD has received a Grammy nomination in the "Best Metal Performance" category for the song "Redneck", from their acclaimed album "Sacrament".

Drummer Chris Adler comments: "Grammy nomination? Is someone still trying to make up for that whole JETHRO TULL thing?

In all seriousness and regardless of the outcome, we as LAMB OF GOD are overwhelmingly flattered to be recognized. It's truly hard to believe that we have come as far as we have, even harder to believe that we now share in the short list of some of the best in the business — and the historical company of some of the world's greatest bands.

This nomination is bigger than our band; it is a tribute to our friends and fans whose undying and intense support has helped LAMB OF GOD become recognized in this way. Together, we are helping to create a new and heavier musical landscape for the future. No matter what the outcome may be, this is a very good sign for metal and as a fan I look forward to more doors like these continuing to open to the greatest music in the world — heavy fucking metal!!!"

The 49th annual Grammy Awards will be broadcast live on CBS from Los Angeles' Staples Center on Sunday, February 11, 2007. The nominees in the "Hard Rock" and "Metal" categories are as follows:
Best Metal Performance:

LAMB OF GOD - "Redneck"
MASTODON - "Colony Of Birchmen"
MINISTRY - "Lies, Lies, Lies"
SLAYER - "Eyes Of The Insane"
STONE SOUR - "30/30-150"

LAMB-OF-GOD.com
i love lamb of god,
but shit goddamn, that shoulda been mastodon's win.
Old 12-15-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

too bad this award won't be televised, vause we all know middle america would freak out seeing 4 or 5 ugly dudes getting an award for a song/album/band that they have never heard of.
Old 12-15-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just got the deluxe edition of Sacrament and also Ashes of the Wake
at Tower for 70% off...not bad. The earlier albums are on eMusic so
I got those ones there. I hadn't got into this band yet but I got the
'Killadelphia' DVD (also on sale at Tower) and was pretty impressed.
Haven't listened to the CDs yet though.

BTW...Jethro Tull rules, just had to get that in.
Old 12-15-06, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sacrament Tour 2007

Returning to the U.S. after a sold-out tour of Europe, Australia and Japan, LAMB OF GOD is excited to announce a headlining North American tour in 2007 with direct support modern day metal traditionalists Trivium, Bay Area Metal Titans Machine Head, and France’s heaviest metal export Gojira. Having spent the summer of 2006 on the Unholy Alliance Tour with metal pioneer’s Slayer and joining Megadeth for the Gigantour tour in September, LAMB OF GOD will kick-off this tour in Dallas on February 16 as they bring their pummeling live show across the U.S. and Canada.

Band drummer Chris Adler states, “When you are a kid, you dream of playing your music in an arena. Once you’ve done it, you realize how much you miss the power and energy of a kick ass club show. We’ve been fortunate to be playing some big places as of late, but when we started talking about a spring 2007 Sacrament tour, we agreed (and had heard it repeatedly over the past 2 years from the fans!!!) that it would be incredibly intense for everyone to bring the machine that is LAMB OF GOD back into the clubs. There is no comparing the connection and shared energy of a club show. The blood, sweat, and beer flying – that’s a proper metal show! This is intense music for intense people - we’re sick of the seats, the ushers and the lame security guards telling people to calm down!

We probably should have left it at that, but in true LAMB OF GOD form we pushed it further. With a little help from our friends, we put an arena show bill together and told our booking agent to put it into the clubs and theaters – and oh yeah, not just any clubs – lets make sure to hit a lot of cities that normally get overlooked. Let’s bring the best show we can to the people that have been left waiting for far too long. This is going to be completely out of hand and we can’t fucking wait! You have been warned!!!"

LAMB-OF-GOD.com

Ok I've been fucked 3 times on seeing them live. I really, really, really, really hope to see them this time.
Old 12-16-06, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Put it in rams head (cause recher is too god damn small
Old 12-16-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm lovin' Sacrament.

The drumming on this album is absolutely incredible.
Old 12-16-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by woofman
I'm lovin' Sacrament.
same here.
Old 12-18-06, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Gojira is really making the rounds, it seems.
Old 01-04-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Internet Ticket Pre-Sale
Announcing...LAMB OF GOD Pre-Sale Tickets!!

The Internet community gets first pick of pre-sale tickets for LAMB OF GOD's upcoming headlining tour!! Tickets will be available for each market at the link provided here: https://tixx1.artistarena.com/LambofGod/

You will need the following information:

username: lambofgod
password: tickets

The majority of tickets will have reduced service charges compared to the usual ticket outlets. This is a first come, first serve online ticket ordering system. The maximum order is four tickets.

If you have any questions or concerns with your ticketing experience, please contact Artist Arena directly at (212) 420-8080 or email: [email protected]

Sacrament Tour 2007

With: Trivium, Machine Head, Gojira

Fri Feb.16, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Venue: Palladium Ballroom

Sat Feb.17, 2007
Corpus Christi, Texas
Venue: Concert St. Amphitheatre

Sun Feb.18, 2007
Austin, Texas
Venue: Stubbs

Tue Feb.20, 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Venue: Sunshine Theatre

Thu Feb.22, 2007
Anaheim, California
Venue:The Grove

Fri Feb.23, 2007
Fresno, California
Venue: Rainbow Ballroom

Sat Feb.24, 2007
Santa Cruz, California
Venue: The Catalyst

Sun Feb.25, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Venue: Wiltern

Tue Feb.27, 2007
Chico, California
Venue: The Senator Theatre

Wed Feb.28, 2007
Portland, Oregon
Venue: Roseland

Thu Mar.01, 2007
Spokane, Washington
Venue: Big Easy

Sat Mar.03, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Venue: Ed's - The Venue

Sun Mar.04, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Venue: Macewan Hall

Tue Mar.06, 2007
Winnipeg, Manatoba
Venue: Burton Cummings Theatre

Wed Mar.07, 2007
Fargo, North Dakota
Venue: Playmakers Pavillion

Thu Mar.08, 2007
Omaha, Nebraska
Venue:Sokol Auditorium

Fri Mar.09, 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Venue: Cains Ballroom

Sat Mar.10, 2007
Kansas City, Kansas
Venue: Beaumont Club

Sun Mar.11, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Venue: Empire Expo Hall

Tue Mar.13, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Venue: Hawkeye Downs

Wed Mar.14, 2007
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Venue: The Rave

Thu Mar.15, 2007
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Venue: Pierres

Fri Mar.16, 2007
Toledo, Ohio
Venue: Headliners

Sat Mar.17, 2007
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Venue: Orbit Room

Sun Mar.18, 2007
Guelph, Ontario
Venue: Cowboys Bar

Tue Mar.20, 2007
Montreal, Quebec
Venue: Medley

Wed Mar.21, 2007
Providence, Rhode Island
Venue: Lupos at the Strand

Thu Mar.22, 2007
New York, New York
Venue: Roseland

Fri Mar.23, 2007
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Venue: House of Blues

Sat Mar.24, 2007
Albany, New York
Venue: Northern Lights

Sun Mar.25, 2007
Rochester, New York
Venue: Harro East

Mon Mar.26, 2007
Washington, DC.
Venue: 9:30 Club

Wed Mar.28, 2007
Norfolk, Virginia
Venue: Norva Theatre

Thu Mar.29, 2007
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Venue: House of Blues

Fri Mar.30, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
Venue: Plush

Sat Mar.31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Venue: Jannus Landing

Sun Apr.01, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Venue: Revolution

Tue Apr.03, 2007
Nashville, Tennessee
Venue: City Hall

Wed Apr.04, 2007
Memphis, Tennessee
Venue: New Daisy Theatre

Thu Apr.05, 2007
Cincinatti, Ohio
Venue: Bogarts
Old 01-05-07, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I'm gonna probably be killed (I don't weigh alot), get lost (not from the dc area) and have the best fucking time of my life come march 26.

I like how they aren't charging too much for tickets (25 bucks, the slayer show in feb is 40)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.