Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Columbo....the greatest detective show on DVD appreciation thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Columbo....the greatest detective show on DVD appreciation thread

I know that this show has its detractors (my father being one of them) but i bloody well love this show. Falk does an amazing job at keeping the character interesting and i look forward to each and eery season release. I know that the later, more recent episodes where not up to the scratch the 70's seasons had but even they had some appeal. I have been watching season five this week and loving every second. The murderer is always either Jack Cassidy, Robert Culp, Robert Vaugh, Patrick Mcgoohan or someone from Star Trek. Fantastic stuff. Every show is identical pretty much...but i enjoy them all the same.

So does anyone else enjoy the show? I would to hear peoples opinions and their favourite episodes. I think my favourites are the episode "Any Old Port ina Strom" with Donald Pleseance as the wine taster, and also the "How to Dial A Murder" where the guard dogs are trained to attack upon hearing the word "Rosebud". Long Live Peter Falk.
Old 06-30-06, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Detractors for Columbo, my word, that is inconviencable! I love this show. Peter Falk is amazing!
Old 06-30-06, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would've once agreed that "Columbo" is the greatest detective show on DVD, but now that a couple seasons of "The Rockford Files" are on DVD, I'd hate to choose between the two. Love them both. Both great '70s L.A. detective shows featuring brilliantly imagined lead characters played by fantastic actors...
Old 06-30-06, 05:23 PM

Rockford is OK, but I would not put that show in the same league as Columbo. Apples and Oranges probably, but I think the writing in Columbo was much better.
Old 06-30-06, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Love Columbo. My only dissapointment was the discs used for season 3, but you can't take away from the greatness of the series. Hopefully my season 5 set will arrive soon.