Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have an address for the President, CEO or CFO of Target?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-06, 11:22 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I have quite a letter to write...
Old 06-28-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is info on Target to get you started.
Old 06-28-06, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Come on and share. I love a good yarn.
Old 06-28-06, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, let us know what's going on...

Or write the letter, and copy/paste it here.

= J
Old 06-28-06, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, straight to the top of the corporate ladder... you must be really pissed!!

...waiting for the story too
Old 06-29-06, 08:29 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
I went in to pick up a new CD, which was not on display. I went to find help, and asked if they could page whomever was in charge of the music section, and I was informed that there is no one in charge of the section. OK...so I move on to go get a new coffee pot. I find one I like, there are none in boxes on the shelf and there was no one in the section. I again went in search of someone...and while there was staff around, most of them were hiding in corners on their cell phones (!!!!). So I moved on to get a few items that were on sale (soap, cleaners, etc.) and the shelves were bare. This may seem like minor complaint, but it really put me off shopping there.

Thanks for the info Movie Diva
Old 06-29-06, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I would write their District Manager first. They're the ones who usually visits the store and does periodic checks. At least that's how it worked when I used to manage in retail. I didn't really like my DM either.
Old 06-29-06, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BackStJoe
I went in to pick up a new CD, which was not on display. I went to find help, and asked if they could page whomever was in charge of the music section, and I was informed that there is no one in charge of the section. OK...so I move on to go get a new coffee pot. I find one I like, there are none in boxes on the shelf and there was no one in the section. I again went in search of someone...and while there was staff around, most of them were hiding in corners on their cell phones (!!!!). So I moved on to get a few items that were on sale (soap, cleaners, etc.) and the shelves were bare. This may seem like minor complaint, but it really put me off shopping there.

Thanks for the info Movie Diva

None of the top three people you listed would care less about this, and would instantly send your letter to the DM. There is a chain of command, even for customers. Actually, did you talk to the store manager yet about it, or were they also on the phone in the corner ignoring you?
Old 06-29-06, 03:46 PM

I still think he is not telling the complete truth. When you are target, there all always people to help. Did you go to the service desk? The service desk would have helped you with both the cd and the coffee pot. Also, Target will look up the items at other stores for you. i think you are just posting to have people react to you but it's not working.
Old 06-29-06, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
yeah, this story is kinda bizarre...the D.M. or S.M. might be a better place to start for this sort of complaint. I've never had a bad experience at Target so i can't relate.
Old 06-29-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
The stores here are often wiped out when I go in, you'll see signs where something should be but the shelf is completely empty. Don't know if that's just because customers keep grabbing up everything or if they really under-stock their stuff.

I've sent in at least 5 complaints about them having only fool-screen DVDs available, but they've never responded.
Old 06-29-06, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jackson2006
I still think he is not telling the complete truth. When you are target, there all always people to help. Did you go to the service desk? The service desk would have helped you with both the cd and the coffee pot. Also, Target will look up the items at other stores for you. i think you are just posting to have people react to you but it's not working.
So, you're speaking for ALL the Target stores in the country when you say there are always people there to help? Yeah, come to my Target, and lets see if you're singing the same tune.
Old 06-30-06, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I go to the Target on Queens Blvd. and if you dont get there by noon, it will be picked over to shit. If you have never been to a dept store in NYC, well you have not yet discovered what picked over and shitty customer service is yet. But Target is the one store where I tend to most of my shopping because their CS is better than any place else, for the most part. There is a BB in the same shopping center, and I refuse to go to that one due to the CS problems and will pay more at Target. Im not saying you dont have a valid complaint, but I would try starting with someone else a little lower on the food chain.
Old 06-30-06, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sabrett
So, you're speaking for ALL the Target stores in the country when you say there are always people there to help? Yeah, come to my Target, and lets see if you're singing the same tune.

Do they have a customer service department? When you pay are there people as cashiers? Just wondering if it one of those new stores without anyone working there? So if no one is there to help why do you shop there? if it was so bad you would not go back? I am just curious that is all
Old 06-30-06, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jackson2006
Do they have a customer service department? When you pay are there people as cashiers? Just wondering if it one of those new stores without anyone working there? So if no one is there to help why do you shop there? if it was so bad you would not go back? I am just curious that is all
So, because there are people working there, that automatically means they're willing to help you? I've seen people ask for something, and the worker (without even looking) will reply with a "no" because they don't want to be bothered, and *I* show the customer where something is. Or when you ask them a question and they huff and puff because they don't want to go check. Or how about when I had an item that scanned at $0 and instead of going to check to see the price, she made up a price and tried to charge me that, and I had to call a manager, because she was insisting it was the right price, and it turned out not to be. Like I said, come to MY store, and tell me otherwise.
Old 06-30-06, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I always thought Target was a help yourself store like Walmart and Kmart, so if an item isn't on the shelf, I just assume it is out of stock. They don't have sales people hanging around to help out like at Macy's or Penney's, which is why you pay alot less.
Old 06-30-06, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I always thought Target was a help yourself store like Walmart and Kmart, so if an item isn't on the shelf, I just assume it is out of stock. They don't have sales people hanging around to help out like at Macy's or Penney's, which is why you pay alot less.
Yeah, but you always get those people who think that the store staff is hiding product in the back for fun.
Old 06-30-06, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Yeah, but you always get those people who think that the store staff is hiding product in the back for fun.
I love customers at my store who think we have everything magically stored "in the back." I'm surprised people haven't learned yet that retailers are moving away from having merchandise in the warehouse since there's little sales potential for it just sitting there. Most big box stores (Target, Walmart, Kmart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Home Depot, etc) ARE the warehouse so 90% of the products are ready to go on the floor. The always mysterious "back" is nothing more than shipping and receiving for most places now, and the occasional high ticket items that can't be put out.
Old 06-30-06, 11:21 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
90% of the time when I go to buy an advertised product at Circuit City it turns out to be "in the back."
Old 07-01-06, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
90% of the time when I go to buy an advertised product at Circuit City it turns out to be "in the back."
Ditto. Mine doesn't even put their new releases out anymore. You have to request it, and they have to get it for you.
Old 07-05-06, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,940 Likes on 1,501 Posts
Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I love customers at my store who think we have everything magically stored "in the back." I'm surprised people haven't learned yet that retailers are moving away from having merchandise in the warehouse since there's little sales potential for it just sitting there. Most big box stores (Target, Walmart, Kmart, Best Buy, Circuit City, Home Depot, etc) ARE the warehouse so 90% of the products are ready to go on the floor. The always mysterious "back" is nothing more than shipping and receiving for most places now, and the occasional high ticket items that can't be put out.
Really? I've had Target employees scan a bunch of items in the past, and then get them from stock in the back (and also put more stock out at the same time). It doesn't hurt to ask, right?
Old 07-05-06, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Really? I've had Target employees scan a bunch of items in the past, and then get them from stock in the back (and also put more stock out at the same time). It doesn't hurt to ask, right?
That's been my experience as well. They had a sale on pillows, but they were out of the ones we wanted. I flagged down a sales person, she scanned the tag, verified that they had additional stock, then called for someone to bring some out. Pretty good CS if you ask me
Old 07-05-06, 07:07 PM
Suspended

Target always has stuff "in the back". This is true particularly if an item is on sale & they expect alot of sales. They put so many out on the floor, but there are almost always more in the back if they haven't restocked the floor yet. Don't be afraid to ask if something is "in the back" because chances are good that they have something back there for you.
Old 07-05-06, 10:07 PM
Cool New Member

I worked at Target a short while. Generally, they don't have a lot in the back except for certain clothes and items which are very popular but there isn't a lot of shelf space, like some DVDs in the first week of release. And the back section is going away - in the store in which I used to work, they are getting rid of 2/3rds of the receiving/back area to enlarge the storefront. But you can certainly ask, and the people walking the floor should be able to easily find out if your item is back there.

If you have compaints, the first people to talk to are the managers. There are managers walking the floor - one (or more) in charge of the people doing the checking, and one (or more) in charge of all the people on the floor stocking/cleaning/organizing, as well as one for the store overall. They have a pretty wide authority to fix problems to your satisfaction. If they won't do anything, then you go to the district manager.
Old 07-06-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabrett
Or how about when I had an item that scanned at $0 and instead of going to check to see the price, she made up a price and tried to charge me that, and I had to call a manager, because she was insisting it was the right price, and it turned out not to be. Like I said, come to MY store, and tell me otherwise.
This happened to me once. Instead of checking the price of the item, she just guessed at the price and punched in $9.99, a good $5 more than the actual cost of the item. Because they don't issue refunds at the cashier, I had to wait in line at CS fix her mistake.

On the flip-side: One girl over-rode the cost of a Batman pillow I was buying for my son because she thought it was too expensive. Instead of paying $17.99, she only charged me $8.

I shop at Target a lot and always--ALWAYS--review my receipt immediately after paying. Honest to God, every third trip I discover I've been over-charged for a sale item.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.