DVD Talk
can you enter canada from us with an expired green card? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : can you enter canada from us with an expired green card?

vwbeetlvr
06-23-06, 09:13 PM
my cousin is 24. he was born in lebanon and has a nj drivers license, a current lebanese passport, and an expired green card. can he get in to canada?

OldDude
06-23-06, 09:34 PM
I have no idea if a Lebanese citizen needs a visa for Canada, but I wouldn't count on getting back in the US with expired green card, so my guess is "no."

X
06-23-06, 09:40 PM
I have no idea if a Lebanese citizen needs a visa for Canada, but I wouldn't count on getting back in the US with expired green card, so my guess is "no."Shh... You're supposed to say "no problem" so we can catch the people with expired green cards.

Expired green card... state driver's license... from the middle east... Sound familiar?

OldDude
06-23-06, 09:55 PM
Shh... You're supposed to say "no problem" so we can catch the people with expired green cards.

Expired green card... state driver's license... from the middle east... Sound familiar?

But a green card represents permanent resident alien status, so it is not like an expired visa. It is more of a "technical" expiration like a driver's license or passport.

But, it is his ticket to remain legally, indefinitely, in the United States. I think letting it expire is quite a bad idea. (BUt not as bad as traveling on it.)

vwbeetlvr
06-23-06, 09:58 PM
ok looks like we aint going to the strip clubs in canada then. grr...

Cool Kitten
06-24-06, 12:02 AM
he's so not gonna get back into US it's not even funny.
Oh wait, it is...;)