Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Superman Returns free movie ticket not on pack!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-06, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure where to put this, but I wanted to let you all know. My girlfriend just came back from Circuit City with Justice League Season 2 and Superman: Animated Series Vol 3. Each one is supposed to have an art cell on pack PLUS a free Superman Returns movie ticket.

Justice League had the movie ticket but no art cell, while Superman Volume 3 had an art cell but no movie ticket, and now we have to drive BACK to Circuit City to find out what wrong.

This is a fiasco, in my opinion, and Im disappointed... PLEASE make sure to check your DVDs before you leave the store!!

UPDATE: The local Circuit City, NONE of the Superman Animated Volume 3's included the ticket, from what they saw. What they did was they just opened two other DVD's and gave me a ticket and an art cell out of those and told me it was a mistake in the ad but since it's their fault they helped me out.

Even weirder, my girlfriend told me they opened Krypto the Superdog which came with BOTH the art cell and the movie ticket, as advertised, and gave me the bonuses.

Here's another heads up: The DVD's with the free things are MARKED that way on the package. She told me Krypto was marked for BOTH the art cell AND the movie ticket. My Justice League was marked for the ticket but no art cell, and vice versa with Superman.

Even though, according to CC and others, all these things are SUPPOSED to come with the movie ticket, if it's not marked on the packaging it's not on there!

Last edited by Roufuss; 06-20-06 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-20-06, 09:50 AM

That sucks. Does the superman animated v3 from best buy come with the movie ticket?
Old 06-20-06, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Novasonic
That sucks. Does the superman animated v3 from best buy come with the movie ticket?
According to CC's ad and what I read on here, ALL these movies should come with the ticket... hell, CC's ad states that every single movie comes with the ticket and the art cell. I don't believe Best Buy makes mention of the ticket, even though it SHOULD be on there, so if it has no ticket I guess you're SOL from there.

Luckily my gf noticed the Vol 3 said nothing about the ticket on the wrapper, told customer service before she left, who told her if it's not there to come back and they'll think of something.

It's early enough that everyone should see this and make sure to OPEN YOUR DVD'S IN THE PARKING LOT!!!
Old 06-20-06, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going after mine in the next two hours. What do you think of the art cell at CC?
Old 06-20-06, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by exharrison
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going after mine in the next two hours. What do you think of the art cell at CC?
It's really small, but it's a good quality. I'm actually kind of pissed Circuit City advertises it as a pack of 4 with every DVD (like a bonus you get at the register), when it's really 1 per DVD set you buy that's packed in to the movie. But overall I'd say it's decent quality, worth it as a little freebie.

Remember that my Justice League Season 2 didn't have the art cell, either, so make sure you check that as well.
Old 06-20-06, 10:09 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
are the tickets applicable to the IMAX screenings at AMC's/Regal's
Old 06-20-06, 10:10 AM

UPDATE: The local Circuit City, NONE of the Superman Animated Volume 3's included the ticket, from what they saw. What they did was they just opened two other DVD's and gave me a ticket and an art cell out of those and told me it was a mistake in the ad but since it's their fault they helped me out.

Here's another heads up: The DVD's with the free things are MARKED that way on the package. She told me Krypto was marked for BOTH the art cell AND the movie ticket.

Even though, according to CC and others, all these things are SUPPOSED to come with the movie ticket, if it's not marked on the packaging it's not on there!

Last edited by Roufuss; 06-20-06 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-20-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Getting dejavu, I seen this before. Cheapass?
Old 06-20-06, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Hmm... this isn't good. I assumed the CC-exclusive cells would be limited and not on every pack, but I thought for sure the tickets would be on every one.

Just ordered from Amazon this morning, and they state:

•This DVD includes a Movie Money pass valued up to $10.50 for admission to see Superman Returns. Coupon valid in select theaters in the United States from June 30, 2006, to July 31, 2006.

This is on both Superman Animated 3 and Justice League 2 listings. No mention of it being limited or anything...
Old 06-20-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

TVshowsonDVD.COM confirmed along time ago that every new SUPERMAN RELATED release that day was suppose to have a ticket. At Wal-Mart, NONE of them did except Season 3 &4 of 'The Adventures of Superman
Old 06-20-06, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Went to 2 BB and 2 CC. None of the Animated Superman copies had ticket labels on them and only one of the BB and CC had JL with a sticker for the coupon. One of the CC didn't even have anything but the Adv of Sup and Lois & Clark set.
Old 06-20-06, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
Hmm... this isn't good. I assumed the CC-exclusive cells would be limited and not on every pack, but I thought for sure the tickets would be on every one..
The CC exclusive cells ARE on every pack... you get one cell with each Superman DVD, to complete the set of 4 you'd have to get 4 DVD's... I'm pretty sure each Superman related cartoon has one animated cell, so there's your set of 4.

I assumed it was "Buy a Superman DVD, get a four pack of cells at the register" as the ad made it sound. Even then, my JL Season 2 didn't include the cell.
Old 06-20-06, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only bought the Documentary which didn't have a ticket, but I don't believe it was advertised as having one.
Old 06-20-06, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Originally Posted by Roufuss
The CC exclusive cells ARE on every pack... you get one cell with each Superman DVD, to complete the set of 4 you'd have to get 4 DVD's... I'm pretty sure each Superman related cartoon has one animated cell, so there's your set of 4.

I assumed it was "Buy a Superman DVD, get a four pack of cells at the register" as the ad made it sound. Even then, my JL Season 2 didn't include the cell.
I meant that, as a CC exclusive, I assumed those would be limited and run out (similar to the Narnia pack-in at Target a while ago). but the Movie Cash stuff is not an exclusive, and thus I assumed would be on every DVD in the initial few months of shipments.
Old 06-20-06, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
I meant that, as a CC exclusive, I assumed those would be limited and run out (similar to the Narnia pack-in at Target a while ago). but the Movie Cash stuff is not an exclusive, and thus I assumed would be on every DVD in the initial few months of shipments.
I see what you mean.. even still, my girlfriend was the first one in the store, since we assumed they would run out if it was a giveaway, and JL Season 2 still didn't include it, and neither did any of the other sets.

I think this movie cash deal on the series was a big snafu at WB, I mean, why put movie cash on Kyrpto and JL but not Superman? Someone messed up big time, I think.
Old 06-20-06, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At the Best Buy that i went to every Justice league had the ticket but none of the Superman animated sets had it.
Old 06-20-06, 04:30 PM

I hit the jackpot baby!! My Justice League vol 2 from CC had 2 tickets to Superman Returns, unfortunately, no litho cell I also bought Superman:tAS vol 3 from there, and got one litho cell, which is enough for me.

I also got Brainiac Attacks from WalMart, which included the ticket to Superman Returns, so now I can go see Superman 3 times!!!
Old 06-20-06, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got Superman:Animated Series Volume 3 from Amazon. NO TICKET there. Eh whatever,I bought all the Superman DVDs,so I still have 6 Tickets
Old 06-20-06, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume these passes aren't good at AMC Theatres... right?

K
Old 06-20-06, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cornelius1047
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume these passes aren't good at AMC Theatres... right?
It says they are good at AMC. None of the Superman animated series at my best buy had the pass, but I got one with Justice League
Old 06-20-06, 08:52 PM

Went and got Krypto at CC. For 8.99, I got the movie ticket, cel and 'Click' preview DVD. Not a bad deal, plus getting a show for the kids as well. Money well spent.
Old 06-21-06, 12:17 AM

KRYPTO is is the fastest OOP DVD....

This Circuit City exclusive is the fastest selling fucker among the sets released.

Corrrect me if Im wrong (I hope Im not)...
Old 06-21-06, 04:23 AM

Earlier today, I purchased "Adventures of Superman: Seasons Three & Four" at Best Buy. The outside wrapping stated there was a free movie pass inside worth up to $10.50 and a collectible reprint of a comic book cover (or something like that). However, neither of those two items was inside the DVD box. Tomorrow, I'll return to Best Buy for an exchange or a refund. I want that movie ticket for sure! Has anyone else had this problem with the S3 & S4 box set?
Old 06-21-06, 07:35 AM

Picked Superman: TAS v.3 & Justice League s.2 at a Wal-mart and no doo-dads in either of 'em.
Old 06-21-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought Superman TAS season 3 and Justice League season 2 from Best Buy. Both were supposed to have the Best Buy exclusive comic book reprint and the movie ticket. None of the JL sets were marked with either, and I found a few Superman sets that were marked as having the free comic, and that is what I got.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.