Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Legit Baby Einstein box set?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 06-18-06, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wanted to get some opinons on this set before buying to make sure it was legit. Here is the item number 9147527151

Thanks for any help
Old 06-18-06, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never heard of a DVD set such as that. I went ahead and checked DVD Aficionado and there isn't a listing for it, and I don't see it anywhere on the Disney online store as well. The biggest box set of those DVDs that I see on that site is a four pack for $45.99. I don't even see anything even close to this on the Baby Einstein website either.

Also note that the seller's feedback is set to "private".

The way many people have a decent feedback rating yet still offer boots is by offering something that most people know isn't "real", but they buy it anyway, resulting in positive feedback. The few negatives they get from people being tricked into buying it thinking it's real are then not even able to be seen because of the private feedback, so no future buyers can see the harsh comments.

Also note that in that auction the listing states that there are 30 available. Then on top of that they have other auctions going for the same thing, which also list multiple copies available.

So, no, it doesn't look real to me at all.

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 06-18-06 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-18-06, 08:50 PM

Costco has sold similar box sets with 10+ DVDs in them.

This one box set in question looks like a smaller box that might just hold the DVD's in a slipcase or something.

I personally have a 10 DVD set that includes a case for each DVD in a decent sized box.
Old 06-19-06, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Snarff
just wanted to get some opinons on this set before buying to make sure it was legit. Here is the item number 9147527151

Thanks for any help
I have a 10 DVD set that I got at Costco. It's just the first 10 releases with a box to hold them. I've never seen it anywhere else. They later had a 12 and 15 set as more were released. Don't know if that helps you or not.
Old 06-19-06, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I've recently seen Costco break the collection into two 8-DVD sets (or something like that).
Old 06-19-06, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I won one of these auctions and attempted to pay via PayPal and got a message that the seller could not accept payments. My understanding is that this means the seller's PayPal account has been locked, which certainly raises a huge red flag. The seller then asked me to send funds via mail, which I refused, since the seller specifies PayPal as the only acceptable means of payment. I asked for (and received) a mutual rescission of the sale. Consider yourself warned.....