Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Twin Peaks Pilot custom cover

DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Old 06-14-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi. Does anybody have a link to the "Twin Peaks Pilot Episode" custom DVD cover which is designed to match the Region-1 Season cover? I know it exists out there somewhere, but haven't seen it on the internet for years.
Old 06-15-06, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Disc-Flipper,

That's the cover that I made. Some guy on eBay chopped the front all up and changed the back and was selling his pilot DVDs with it.

I was quite proud of how I altered the front so that it had the same "something's hidden under the homecoming queen" photo thing, but without having some extra clear plastic slip cover. And of course I had to add the necklace because it features so heavily into the pilot. Just two things I did to make the cover different but still part of hte "system."

ANYWAY, here's the link. It's 9 megs (not sure why):
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jlyon/portfolio/tp_pilot.jpg

Free for all to enjoy
Old 06-15-06, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did you do the matching Fire Walk with Me cover too? The one with the pink/reddish hue that matches the design of the Artisan S1 set? Let me throw out some much belated props your way. I've been using those covers since day one.
Old 06-19-06, 09:11 AM

Yep. That was mine too. Thanks for the compliment Joliom. It's cool to have such a pro say that. *blush*

It's funny, my covers showed up at both the Den and R1DB uploaded by someone else, so on both sites I had to go through a whole rigamaroll to either get them switched to me. (Actually, I'm not sure they were reuploaded now that I think about it!)

I never was completely happy with the spine Fire Walk With Me cover. I designed a whole Lynch box set series, and had a spine for FWWM in the set, and a different spine for it if it was with Twin Peaks.

I definitely don't have a lot of time to work on DVD covers, but I'm so anal that when I do work on them, it becomes an obsession, retouching out text to them retype the whole block of it (FWWM's back writeup took forever).

For those who care, here's an image of every cover I've ever completed. Of course the right most two (the Lynch ones) were more impressive when they hadn't been released in Amaray cases yet.

And just because the r1 version was announce a couple weeks ago, he's the back of my Shock Treatment:

Last edited by JLyon1515; 06-19-06 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-19-06, 09:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JLyon1515
Hey Disc-Flipper,

That's the cover that I made. Some guy on eBay chopped the front all up and changed the back and was selling his pilot DVDs with it.

I was quite proud of how I altered the front so that it had the same "something's hidden under the homecoming queen" photo thing, but without having some extra clear plastic slip cover. And of course I had to add the necklace because it features so heavily into the pilot. Just two things I did to make the cover different but still part of hte "system."

ANYWAY, here's the link. It's 9 megs (not sure why):
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~jlyon/portfolio/tp_pilot.jpg

Free for all to enjoy

How can I print the correct size? When I do a straight print the copy comes out about 1 inch too short top to bottom....
Old 06-19-06, 01:32 PM

Hmmm, I'm sure it's sized correctly. I'd say your printer is scaling the image incorrectly or something. You just have to play around with it a bit. Some people have suggested setting your paper size to LEGAL and then taping and extra 3inch piece of paper onto the end, so you get a 8.5" x 14" piece of paper. this will let your printer print right to the edge of the 8.5" x 11" piece, and thus it'll all fit on a continuous page that you can then print out.

Search around a bit, printing problems with covers are common for people trying to print out covers for the first time. Some times you just have to play around with your printer a bit until you find what works for you.
Old 06-19-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I use your Eraserhead and Short Films customs too. Add some more props on top of the ones I already gave you.
Old 06-19-06, 08:16 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
JLyon1515,

I'm so desperate for an Shock Treatment cover!

Please contact me! Thanks!