DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Plumbing question: shower/sink water pressure

Pointyskull
06-14-06, 08:35 AM
I had a "plumbing issue", and had to have a plumber replace the shower fixture in our upstairs bathroom.

With the shower fix done - and the plumber gone - I noticed the water pressure in our bathroom sink is a little low - definitely not like it was. And the pressure in the shower seems more powerful, though that could be a result of the new parts, I guess.

What's the typical correlation between pipes to the shower and to the sink in the same bathroom? And how can one impact the other?

I'm guessing I need to call the plumbing company back out, since I imagine the problems are related.

I'm dumb when it comes to this stuff.

jonw9
06-14-06, 09:34 AM
Just make sure there is now low flow adapter in the sink. Unscrew the faucet end (where the water comes out, I don't know the name) and there should be a screen in there and a little (white) plastic disk. Remove the plastic thing and reassemble.

Most bathroom faucets have these as people tend to leave the water running while brushing and such, and this saves on that. If you pay for city water, you may want to leave it in and save a little.

EDIT: I see you didn't get a new faucet for the sink. You may check for the adapter anyways. As for a correlation between sink and shower, I don't really think there is one. I would think a call to the plumber would be necessary just to make sure. They should come out since they recently did some work in the area.

Pointyskull
06-14-06, 12:50 PM
Just make sure there is now low flow adapter in the sink.

EDIT: I see you didn't get a new faucet for the sink. You may check for the adapter anyways. As for a correlation between sink and shower, I don't really think there is one. I would think a call to the plumber would be necessary just to make sure. They should come out since they recently did some work in the area.

Yeah, I don't think it's a low flow adapter considering the flow out of the sink faucet was fine before the shower fix.

Mole177
06-14-06, 01:13 PM
there might be debris trapped in the spout of the sink.

it happens when the water is shut off.

psxfan2
06-14-06, 01:27 PM
Low flow, I don't like the sound of that.

Yeah check the aerator as mention, especially if you have older lead pipes, it should always be removed before you turn the water back on to flush out any deposits from the pipes.

greg9x
06-14-06, 04:53 PM
Another for remove the aerator and see if there's debris in the faucet.... otherwise, unless he somehow bent the pipe going to the sink, don't see how the shower would affect it unless using them both at the same time.

Pointyskull
06-14-06, 04:54 PM
I'll be checking for debris when I get home.

thanks all for the advice - and I'll post the results......

Pointyskull
06-14-06, 07:18 PM
Yep, sediment was the culprit.

Clean and running at full force now...

thx all!