Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDSoon / Import - what's going on ???(June 2006)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-06, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DVDSoon / Import - what's going on ??? (June 2006)

DOES ANYONE IN CANADA OR THE US KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THESE TWO (SINCE JOINED) COMPANIES ?????!!

Let me get a few things out of the way first - before a few people 'bite' :

1 - yes - I am FULLY aware of what they are like and the 'type of business' that they have been doing (ie - BAD !!)
2 - yes - I am FULLY aware of the problems that this company has had in the past (so I don't need to hear / read anything about 'why are you still doing anything with them' !!). Their latest 'attempt' at seeking ANY customer goodwill has drowned yet again !!

First Issue :

- Parcels sent WORLDWIDE in the period April 19/21 2006 have GONE MISSING !! I suspect that these 'shipped orders' were done 'fraudulently' - YET this company has done NOTHING TO REPLY. As the 8 week period is up today - all persons involved in this 'fraud' should contact their credit card / banks to request a chargeback !!

Has anyone heard any more details regarding these 'bermuda triangle' parcels ???

Second Issue :

- These companies are still taking orders AND NOT FULFILLING THEM. Their websites advertise prices which are SIMPLY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. How can this still be allowable ?? How can this 'fraud' still be maintained in Canada ??

if there is anyone will some 'details' on the status of this business and its current 'rorts / frauds' could you post some details here. thanks .
Old 06-14-06, 12:20 PM

Well I can't comment on what happend to those missing parcels. But their still the same old dvdsoon in my book. Taking money and never shipping, and never refunding.

As proved by a recent order.
Old 06-14-06, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
So...you were aware of all the issues, and still ordered from them? It's not fraud anymore. A fraud is an intentional deception. You knew.
Thank you for your pointless comment !!

A fraud is an intenational deception :

OK then - items were sent worldwide on the dates April 19/21 2006 (as reported in Australia www.dvdplaza.com.au - and in the UK dvdforums / dvd-swaps). These items were advised via their website that they had SHIPPED (shipping and postal packaging details are included in their shipped invoices).

I have 4 'shipped' notices on my account.

NONE HAVE ARRIVED FOR ANY PERSON WORLDWIDE for these dates.

Fraud in your books ???!!

Again - it would be appreciated if there is anyone in the North American region that has any furthere details about the actions of this company (rather than the pointless comments of 'you knew about them')

Oh - and the reputation of the company DVDImport wasn't the same as DVDSoon. Since their algamation they ACTUALLY did go about fulfilling items. It is only these April dates that something 'suspect' has gone wrong.
Old 06-14-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

please don't argue DVD Josh and tonyjg

if tonyjg wishes to continue to buy from a place that deserves to be shut down, he's entitled..he's just trying to find out information ..dvdsoon/import has a proven track record..everybody knows..
Old 06-14-06, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot

if tonyjg wishes to continue to buy from a place that deserves to be shut down, he's entitled..he's just trying to find out information ..dvdsoon/import has a proven track record..everybody knows..
I have deleted my postings. Just glad we agree
Old 06-15-06, 06:31 PM

Thanks pilot.

yes - we all know what DVDSoon/Import is like (and much has been written about them worldwide !!) (and yes - they deserve to be shut down as well)(and further - I'm a tad surprised how the Canadian authorities / financial institutions still allow this organisation to continue to operate).

From the lack of any other posts - it would appear that those on the other sides of the Pacific and Atlantic whom have had dealings with these guys are still 'in the dark' about some of their 'dubious' dealings.

Anyway - to the bank - and chargebacks to be requested.
Old 06-15-06, 11:24 PM

DVDSoon and DVDImport are basically having a "closing down & running away" sale. Anyone who ordered items that supposedly shipped around April 19 should immediately contact their bank to do a charge back while there is still time.

I did a test order earlier this year which actually did arrive intact, but a late March 2006 order is MIA. I did a charge back so shouldn't lose any money. I also requested Canada Post trace whether the parcel actually shipped and pass the results on to the Financial Crimes unit of the RCMP (aka The Mounties).
Old 06-16-06, 12:54 AM

There is a webpage dedicated to DVDSoon

Don't Buy from DVD Soon

Now if someone googles for DVD Soon, he/she will find this warning page.

They still owe me about 40 CAD from my order last year. When they tried to lure people by allowing them to apply their store credits for 50% of the order and by charging only upon shipment. I wasn't tempted (well, a little only), because they were not very trustful.

Not for a while, they changed the game again (charged upon the order). And since last month, I have heard of not receiving the shipment or not even shipping any order.

Well, they are the worst online retailer I've ever dealt with. Don't buy things from them.
Old 06-16-06, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by agitprop
DVDSoon and DVDImport are basically having a "closing down & running away" sale. Anyone who ordered items that supposedly shipped around April 19 should immediately contact their bank to do a charge back while there is still time.

I did a test order earlier this year which actually did arrive intact, but a late March 2006 order is MIA. I did a charge back so shouldn't lose any money. I also requested Canada Post trace whether the parcel actually shipped and pass the results on to the Financial Crimes unit of the RCMP (aka The Mounties).
have you heard anything from the Financial Crimes unit ??

with respect to their 'cut and run sale' - well - these are the ONLY things that are being despatched (and received - i've received 4 DVDs in the past 2 weeks).

*** one only has to look at their URL description for their 'sale' - liquidation !!

With respect to that site mentioned in the previous thread - yeah we've seen that before.

No one else in northern American with any further details about this F**%%^^ked up company ????
Old 06-16-06, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

tony, I think most people learned long ago not to touch them, so that would be (in my opinion) why you're not finding anyone else who has bought from them in the past few months..
Old 06-16-06, 07:09 PM

tony, I think most people learned long ago not to touch them, so that would be (in my opinion) why you're not finding anyone else who has bought from them in the past few months..
Looks like it then - however - there are a stack of NON North Americans who have still dealings with these 'crooks' (as stated in forums in Australia and the UK).

We'll have to try to find out info some other way - as to why the Canadian authorites and financial institutions are still allowing them to trade !!!!
Old 06-16-06, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tonyjg
Looks like it then - however - there are a stack of NON North Americans who have still dealings with these 'crooks' (as stated in forums in Australia and the UK).

We'll have to try to find out info some other way - as to why the Canadian authorites and financial institutions are still allowing them to trade !!!!
I should have been more clear, but yeah, I meant to say most north americans have stopped, but obviously due to the prices, non north americans have continued..
Old 06-20-06, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had an order cancelled by them last year. i still have about $15 in "rebates" form in my account. i'm having trouble trying to figure out how to use it. i've got some stuff in an order and i've gone to the final page of checkout but it hasn't been reduced from the order. anyone have an idea. i realize i'll probably just lose that money now too but i finally got them to put this non credited store credit into my account, i want to see if i can use it. thanks.
Old 06-20-06, 01:48 PM

Excuse me, dvdsoon is still in business? wtf?
Old 06-20-06, 02:40 PM

don't bother trying to get your rebates. YOU WON'T GET IT! i've tried and all I got was charged more and nothing to show for it.
Old 06-20-06, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by tonyjg
have you heard anything from the Financial Crimes unit ??
Nope, nothing yet but I was successful in doing a full chargeback so won't lose any money this time.
Old 06-20-06, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by fitzcain
Excuse me, dvdsoon is still in business? wtf?
yes..... somewhat !!

their latest 'trick' was to advise that stuff was shipped - but don't ship it. That was anything 'shipped' between April 19-21 2006.

(so - CHARGEBACK anything over this date - NOTHING WAS SENT !)

their next 'trick' is to try that again - as many more outstanding orders are going into 'packaging' over the PAST WEEK (of course - they actually don't have ANYTHING being packaged - 'cause they don't have the stock !!)

Not sure WHY these idiots (I should say something worse) are playing these 'games' ????
Old 06-22-06, 11:30 PM

this is how you do 'fraud' - the DVDSoon (DVDImport) style :

1 - You advise you customers that items have gone into PACKAGING. These items have probably been sitting there for weeks with no action. Suddenly - you get a few emails stating that your orders are in this packaging state. Email states something along the lines of 'payment confirmation'

2 - They sit in packaging for days.

3 - Suddenly - they move to 'SHIPPED' - but NO email is sent to your customers.

4 - The items NEVER ARRIVE - but DVDSoo wants you to wait until 40 days before going down there Replacement Process.

How does DVDSoon 'achieve' this 'fraud' ????? :

Simple :

I've had orders fulfilled from this mob for the past several years - and then of course they went BAD - and then they came back - and fulfilled a few more orders. Then - things got REALLY BAD around April 19-21 2006 - goods supposedly 'shipped' but never received. Then they had a liquidation sale - cheap titles shipped quite quickly - I've got a few other the past few weeks. However - NOW in June 2006 they are at it again - 'shipped' titles that will never arrive (and then have customers 'time out' on any Credit Card claim')>

Proof ???? : = Tracking Number IDs on their SHIPPED invoices :

ITEMS RECEIVED :
6 May 2005 - PP503750365CA
20 Dec 2005 - PP504014375CA
March 23 2006 ..PP504133745CA
11 June 2006 - one of those Super Specials - PP504201106CA
11 June 2006 - another special PP504201110CA
May 25 - another item received.... PP504192004CA

ITEMS NOT RECEIVED

19 APRIL 2006 - PP3173462235CA
19 APRIL 2006 - PP3173462778CA
14 JUNE 2006 - PP3173476782CA
17 JUNE 2006 - PP3173480306CA

DVDSOON just take your money - put on a 'fake' Postage Tracking Number - and let u wait until the 40 days are up - and then hoping that you've run out of time to claim back.

Just a small warning to anyone who has got any 'non-super specials' SHIPPED in the past few days - GO TO YOUR BANK / CREDIT CARD COMPANY and chargeback NOW.
Old 07-13-06, 05:25 AM

Hope everyone managed to get a full refund from their credit card company (I did). Given all the latest round of BAD publicity I doubt DVDSoon or DVDImport will be around much longer...
Old 07-22-06, 03:04 AM

To my foolishness, I ordered $200.00 of dvds in May because of the low prices. I havn't received anything. Not only that but I have about $200.00 rebates from last year. I applied for a credit refund in June but got nothing. The site said it will give a refund to my credit account in 21 days. BS! Now I'm out $400.00. How does this chargeback work? Is there a deadline? At the least I hope to get the money back on the items ordered in May. I would appreciate any help on this. BTW, I'm Canadian, do I get extra protection under the law? I live in a different province, so that may complicate matters. Or, should I wait and hope dvdsoon ship my dvds? I did get some dvds in march and early april. Did anyone get anything from DVDsoon recently.
Old 07-22-06, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Initiate a chargeback immediately. It's simply a matter of contacting your credit card company and advising them of non delivery.
Old 07-22-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
In April I ordered one $6US DVD as a test. Didn't get it. Emailed and received no response. Will never order again.

I did get many DVDs at great prices in the old days without ever being stiffed.
Old 07-27-06, 01:26 AM

I've finally given up on DVDDOON and started chargeback procedures with my credit card. I won't be getting any money for my rebates from last year but hope to get back what I spent in May.
I recommend everyone get a chargeback from their credit card while they can because there is a time limit involved.